corner corner USA Bookring: The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

USA Bookring: The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

I read The House of the Scorpion a while back and really enjoyed this book. This Sci-Fi, dystopian tale was written for teens but don't let that stop you from reading it. I couldn't put it down and it is one of those books that has stayed with me.

Nancy Farmer's story is about a boy named Matt whose life started in a petri dish when a drug lord (El Patron) decided to clone himself. As Matt grows older, he begins to question his existence and to what purpose does he serve El Patron... his creator. The House of the Scorpion was the National Book Award Winner for Young People's Literature, Newbery Honor Book, and Printz Honor Book. In my opinion, it is one of the best YA books I've read so far.

More details of story on my journal: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11737314

If you would like to participate, please sign up here or PM me. The normal bookring rules apply. Try to read the book within a 30 day time period, if possible. Please read well with others and don't stall the bookring.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I read The House of the Scorpion a while back and really enjoyed this book. This Sci-Fi, dystopian tale was written for teens but don't let that stop you from reading it. I couldn't put it down and it is one of those books that has stayed with me.

Nancy Farmer's story is about a boy named Matt whose life started in a petri dish when a drug lord (El Patron) decided to clone himself. As Matt grows older, he begins to question his existence and to what purpose does he serve El Patron... his creator. The House of the Scorpion was the National Book Award Winner for Young People's Literature, Newbery Honor Book, and Printz Honor Book. In my opinion, it is one of the best YA books I've read so far.

More details of story on my journal: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11737314

If you would like to participate, please sign up here or PM me. The normal bookring rules apply. Try to read the book within a 30 day time period, if possible. Please read well with others and don't stall the bookring.
Profile Image
I'll play..but will be out of touch for the next couple of weeks. That should give you time to find some others. :)
Profile Image
I have you down Hyphen8. I hope I get at least a couple more participants. I think if people like stories such as Lois Lowery's The Giver, they will like this one.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.