corner corner Medicine Chest IV-- home again!

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Medicine Chest IV-- home again!

Last year I sent around the Medicine Chest III see http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/482978
and have collected a good number of goodies for a box available in the early fall. As before, this is a varied fiction and non-fiction box.

Participants:
GoryDetails !!
eponine38 !!
6of8 !!
azuki !!
hyphen8 <<Here!!>>

bookluver87 -skipped

Please be aware of the various categories. If you take a lot of X, try to replace some in that category. Try not to allow more than 3 books by the same author in the box. No Diet books, no How to live with Xy or zee, please.

Here is a link to the journal, you can see what books are in it:http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12217873
I will keep this journal updated as it goes along.

Rules:
Please journal the box here as soon as you get it.
Please keep it for no more than 3 weeks.
Pm the next in line, and use tracking.
Journal here when box goes out.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Last year I sent around the Medicine Chest III see http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/482978
and have collected a good number of goodies for a box available in the early fall. As before, this is a varied fiction and non-fiction box.

Participants:
GoryDetails !!
eponine38 !!
6of8 !!
azuki !!
hyphen8 <<Here!!>>

bookluver87 -skipped

Please be aware of the various categories. If you take a lot of X, try to replace some in that category. Try not to allow more than 3 books by the same author in the box. No Diet books, no How to live with Xy or zee, please.

Here is a link to the journal, you can see what books are in it:http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12217873
I will keep this journal updated as it goes along.

Rules:
Please journal the box here as soon as you get it.
Please keep it for no more than 3 weeks.
Pm the next in line, and use tracking.
Journal here when box goes out.
Profile Image

Dagnabit!

There goes my (just renewed) No More Book Boxes resolution -- again! I was good last time and didn't participate but I can't pass it up twice. Please put me on the list and I will start setting aside a few books for it right now.
Profile Image
must give in this time.
I'm in Massachusetts. If possible, I'd like to be further down the list :-)
Profile Image
and reading really odd stuff.... ranging from Zombies to Autism, Blood Medicine to a Year of Wonder, and all the rest of the alphabet.
Profile Image
Please count me in. I'll put some books away now. I'm in California.
Profile Image
Hopefully I'll be ready by then, because I always enjoy this box: please count me in!
Profile Image
And I am sort of ready because last time I didn't quite put in all the books I've read for the box, and I have a few more to add since. Quite amazing for me, honestly.
Profile Image
So far we have :
GoryDetails
eponine38
6of8
azuki
hyphen8
bookluver87

will start this in 2 weeks or so
Profile Image
I need to skip this round :(
Profile Image
See the list of books in the journal

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12217873/

Sent to GoryDetails,
weight 16lbs 12oz
DC 9114901123086557008213
expected date 10/7
Profile Image
The box reached me today, right on schedule I see! Now to make my choices - that's both the fun part and the hard part {wry grin}.
Profile Image
I handed the box off to eponine38 today. My choices are in the JEs of the bookbox journal, if you're curious and don't want to be surprised!
Profile Image

yay!

better start reading!!
Profile Image
Mailed to 6of8 today. Tracking #9114901123086188135333.
Profile Image
It will likely stay with me for a week or so while I finish the book I am reading and want to include.

My hat is off to quietorchid and her clever labels "I am a good book -- Take me home -- I promise to behave!"
Profile Image

Moving again

Off to azuki in Florida. I will locate the tracking # and update this entry later.
Profile Image
Off to azuki in Florida. I will locate the tracking # and update this entry later.

Whoops...I'm after azuki, so I'd better start seriously looking at what I want to add to this box!
Profile Image
Any other interest?
Profile Image

Headed home

Mailed today. :)
Profile Image
Thanks everyone!
Profile Image

Yay!!

A round of applause to every participant.

Quietorchild, I hope you find something interesting in the box.
Profile Image
I was thinking lately that we haven't had the Medicine Chest going for a while, and when I dug up this thread and read the journal entry, it seems like the box somehow never made it home?
Quietorchild, is that the case?
I really miss the box, and as I have amassed a few books for the box, I wonder if you'd like me to send you some books. Then you can read them or use them for the next round. I would hate for you, the organizer, to end up with no books.
Profile Image
Yes, it got home, and I went crazy this fall. I am planning on starting a new thread this week. Look for it!
Profile Image
...I went crazy this fall.

Because reasons. Hang in there...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.