corner corner [CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter B

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] ABC (Alphabet) Bookrings - US version - Books Beginning with the Letter B

(By popular demand, we're going to get going with the B-books before the A's are finished making the rounds.)

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter B to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 B-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another B-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

ravencat
booklady331
Southernfryed
Meekachu07
oliviapoolside
heartthumper
Dove-i-libri
Ollie1976
raralovestoread
BooksnBeer
Stephario -- stalled?
LynnGorman
tabby-cat-owner
NancyNova
Aberpeter
quickheels
Stephario
Agrace
mrsjones
cat02886
me

Complete Thread

1 2 Next 

Profile Image
(By popular demand, we're going to get going with the B-books before the A's are finished making the rounds.)

Here's how it works:

I'll start the ring out by posting 2 books whose title starts with the letter B to the first person on the list. Articles (a, an, or the) don't count -- look to the next word. So, for example, "A Streetcar Named Desire" would be considered an S-book. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" is a T-book.

So, I send the package with 2 B-books to the first person on the list. That person takes *one* book out & replaces it with another B-book, & then sends those 2 to the next person. And so on.

You post in the forum:

1. when the books arrive
2. what book you chose
3. when you mail the books to the next person.

That way we all know where the books are. The last person on the list sends the books to me.

Don't post the title of the book you *don't* take, or your new addition -- let that be a surprise. Only post the title you are taking out. Oh, & please journal the book you take out promptly.

I think that we should all be able to mail this back out within a week to 10 days. After all, all we're doing is replacing one book.

If by some chance, you just don't like or you've already read one round's offerings, you can either opt to skip your turn & mail the books on without taking one. Or you could consider it an opportunity for a wild release, & just take one out for that purpose (replacing it with one of your own). Your choice.

I think that's everything. Anyone want to play? :-)

~~~

The Players (names will be shuffled between each round):

ravencat
booklady331
Southernfryed
Meekachu07
oliviapoolside
heartthumper
Dove-i-libri
Ollie1976
raralovestoread
BooksnBeer
Stephario -- stalled?
LynnGorman
tabby-cat-owner
NancyNova
Aberpeter
quickheels
Stephario
Agrace
mrsjones
cat02886
me

Profile Image
... and ravencat came up first. PM'ing for her address now.

Profile Image
...but may I join the B round? Now that I have most of my books on shelves and can see them properly, this sounds like a lot more fun.
Profile Image
You're in! You're welcome to join the A-round, too, if you'd like. There are still 2-3 players to go.
Profile Image
... & will go out in tomorrow's mail. Headin' for Noo Yawk...

Profile Image
... & the B-Books are there. But unfortunately, due to a medical issue, she's unable to participate at this time. She's going to have her daughter forward the books on to booklady331. And she asks for our prayers.

Profile Image
... are now on their way back to Florida. Be on the look-out!

Profile Image
I'd love to join if it's not too late?
Profile Image
You're in! Welcome!

Profile Image
I will make my choice and will have the books ready to mail next week.
Profile Image
What did you choose?
Profile Image
I happen to know, since they both chose my one of my books, but I agree -- it's more fun when you tell what you took out.

Booklady331 chose Bitsy's Bait & BBQ by Pamela Morsi. Southernfryed may be waiting to tell when she mails hers out...

Profile Image
I chose Bone Key by Les Standiford.

I'm still waiting to hear from Oliviapoolside before mailing.
Profile Image
Thanks, Southernfryed.

Maybe oliviapoolside is on vacation? I'd say, give it a few more days, & then try Meekachu07. We can always bump oliviapoolside down the list if she gets back to you later.

Profile Image
I am pming the next in line for address.
Profile Image
OK, thanks, Southernfryed.

Profile Image
I did respond to somebody on this very recently. I am not on vacation, I am here, on my computer. Please do not leave me out!
Profile Image
OK, oliviapoolside, I'll just move you down to after Meekachu07.

Profile Image

PM'd

Southernfryed so hopefully I will not be left out. I thought I PM'd before but since I don't keep copies of all my bookcrossing PMs I have no way to know. I may have made a mistake and only thought I replied. In any case, I am most certainly here.
Profile Image

Oh OK

Thanks iwillrejoice. Sorry for mix up. My friends, if I don't respond for some reason I either didn't receive the PM or thought I responded and didn't. So just PM me again. I am doing my best to be an active and responsible book crosser.
Profile Image
Thanks iwillrejoice. Sorry for mix up. My friends, if I don't respond for some reason I either didn't receive the PM or thought I responded and didn't. So just PM me again. I am doing my best to be an active and responsible book crosser.

No worries, oliviapoolside. We trust you. We just had to keep things moving along in case you were out of pocket for a while.

Profile Image
I just noticed this bookray recently. It sounds like fun.
Profile Image
You're in, tabby-cat-owner, & I've also added you to the A-ring list, as per your request. Welcome!

Profile Image
This sounds interesting - and I'm sure I can find something for the box that's not a romance :-)
Profile Image
Thanks, NancyNova!

I've added you to the A-ring, too, as you requested. Glad to have you aboard!

Profile Image
I selected "Broken" by Karin Slaughter...msg'ing next particpant
Profile Image
Tomorrow as I have been given the next participants address.
Profile Image
Thanks, Meekachu07!

Profile Image
I choose Boomsday by Christopher Buckley. Will try to get them in the mail on Monday. Thanks!
Profile Image
I chose Bech At Bay by John Updike. Have messaged for the next address.
Profile Image

I will be keeping (A) Blessing on the Moon (Since I've already read a quarter of it. Just seeing if I like it, you know?) Have to finish up my contribution and then will send the packet on its way! I'll post when I mail it!
Profile Image
... that we will be starting the C-ring when it's Ollie1976's turn. Time to get your C-books ready!

Profile Image
I sent Dove my address through a PM when they requested it but I have not received the books or a PM about it.
Profile Image
Hmm... Well, if she mailed it on that Saturday, that would have been 9/28. That's 12 days. Let's give it a little more time -- sometimes media mail can be slow.

Profile Image

Well...

I have heard back from Dove-i-libri, & apparently there's some confusion about whether the person who was supposed to mail the books for her actually did.

While we wait to get that sorted out, I'm inclined to go ahead & start the C-ring.

Ollie1976, I know you've been waiting a while, & I appreciate your patience. Rest assured, one way or the other, you will get your B-books & this ring will re-start.

Thanks, everybody.

Profile Image

No worries

I'm glad that you heard from Dove-i-libri
Profile Image
This looks like fun. I'd love to join if it's not too late.
Profile Image
I am about to PM the next member. I'll make my choice and move it along once I get their address
Profile Image
I was just thinking about you! Thanks for letting me know, Ollie1976.

Profile Image
for raralovestoread and will get this mailed out Monday.
Profile Image
Thanks, Ollie1976!

Profile Image
I chose Buster Midnight's Café by Sandra Dallas but there is no BCID.
Profile Image
I chose Buster Midnight's Café by Sandra Dallas but there is no BCID.

Maybe the person who added the book will see this & either register it or tell you where they hid it! ;-)

Profile Image
I have chosen Buddha Baby. Going to PM the next person in line now. Thanks!
Profile Image
to find the BCID for Buster Midnight's Café-it has been journalled
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay - school has been quite crazy lately. Two more days until Thanksgiving break. :)
Profile Image
I received the package last night. I have already choosen my book - I will take Blood Test by Jonanthan Kellerman.

I have PMed the next in line and will send on as soon I receive an address.
Profile Image
I have the next address and the B books should be moving this week.
Profile Image
Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Profile Image
Sorry about the delay. Finally, the B Books are in the mail and on the move.
Profile Image
... but I'm afraid Stephario may not be BookCrossing anymore. Haven't seen her on the forums, & she's not responding to PMs or journalling or releasing books, as far as I can tell.

If she gets back in touch, we can always move her down the list. But in the meantime, I'd like to get this ring moving again. Right now I have one B-book ready to go, & another half read. I'll PM LynnGorman for an address, & try to get the new B-books in the mail by next week.

Thanks for your patience.

Profile Image
According to her BC page, Stephario's been really hit with depression since late last year. Send her some good vibes....
Profile Image
Thanks, Bascula.

Actually, that message wasn't there on her page when I decided to move the ring along. And, as I said, if she decides to check back in, we can always just bump her down the list.

Hoping she feels better soon!

Profile Image
... being wrapped, & will go out in tomorrow's mail. Happy picking!

Profile Image
today & have chosen The Beet Queen by Louise Erdrich. I will PM the next person in line. Thanks iwillrejoice for restarting this bookring! :)
Profile Image
mail today to the next in line.
Profile Image
Thanks, LynnGorman!

Profile Image
the B books came back to me today marked "surface transportation only". I mailed them at a post office in a retail store so I think they were not mailed properly there. I am not feeling well today but will return to the post office to re-mail them as soon as possible. I am sorry for the delay.
Profile Image
Sorry that happened to you, LynnGorman. Thanks for letting us know.

Feel better soon!

Profile Image

B books

have been mailed again...hopefully they will make it this time!! :)
Profile Image
I chose "The Bridge" by Karen Kingsbury. I am looking forward to reading it.
Profile Image
They are traveling all the way across the country.
Profile Image
Thanks, tabby-cat-owner!

Profile Image
I'm sorry about the confusion and my delay in dealing with it on my end with the B books. I know I should have mentioned something here, but I never received the shipment. I was looking for the box, but the depression really slammed me, and I kind of crawled in a hole and forgot about the books. I'm truly sorry to have messed everything up here and to have left all of you hanging. I'm feeling a lot better now, and am slowly working to catch up on all my obligations. Anyway, if I can, I'd like to rejoin this thread, but if I can't rejoin, I understand. I do promise to keep up better in the future. Again, I'm sorry for all the confusion and frustration I caused by not coming in to report the box was lost.
Profile Image
Hey,

Glad you are feeling better. I've moved you to the end of the list. Welcome back!

Profile Image
Thanks! :D
Profile Image
AFTER the mail run though.

I picked Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua

I have my B book ready, packaging them up. PM'g the next in line.
Profile Image
If so,please add me! This sounds like fun! Thanks
Profile Image
I've added you to the list. Welcome!

Profile Image
The parcel will move along tomorrow, weather permitting. (It's supposed to snow....again!)
Profile Image
Thanks, NancyNova! (Are you guys hibernating yet?)

Profile Image
I will be keeping the book The Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson.

I have a B book ready to go and will try to get to the post office later this week.
Profile Image
I stopped by the post office this afternoon and sent the B books on their way to Florida.
Profile Image
Thanks, Aberpeter!

Profile Image
I'd like to. Sounds like a fun concept.
Profile Image
You're in. Welcome!

Profile Image
The B books are here, I'll make my choice very soon and should have them in the mail early next week.
Profile Image
Birdbaths and Papercranes by Sharon Randall. Will get the books back in the mail by early next week.
Profile Image
Please journal the book you choose promptly! Thanks! :-)

Profile Image
... Stephario today, & she has the B-books. She's chosen Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell, & plans to mail the books on to Agrace on Wednesday.

In case anyone was wondering. :-)

Profile Image
Please put a link for each round in the original post so I can keep up. I am hopelessly confused.
Profile Image
You haven't missed it. Your name just hasn't come up yet. You'll be PM'd when it's your turn.

P.S. Remember, you can always find these linked from my profile page.

Profile Image

OK...

You know, I believe in second chances. And giving a person the benefit of the doubt. Because I'm not perfect, & I've certainly received grace when I didn't necessarily deserve it. But at this point, with reluctance, I'm going to have to say that the B-books have been stalled again.

If I'm wrong, then I apologize. But it's hard to know what else to think when I PM a person & they admit they've had the books a while, but will definitely mail them out on a certain date. But 3 weeks later, they've still not arrived. And no one's been PM'd to say they've been delayed. And the books received were not journaled & there are no release notes for any outgoing books (for this ring. As of yesterday, there are now release notes for the first time in a long time, for a different ring).

So, that being said, I will send out 2 new B-books to Agrace tomorrow. If the old books should ever turn up, she will forward them on to me, & we'll continue with the new B-books.

Thanks for your patience. I just thought you deserved to know.

Profile Image

RE: OK...

thank you for the update and keeping on top of managing the ring.
Profile Image
B Books are here! I will take out Bachelorette and send on two books shortly. (I will probably not get a chance to get to the post office until Wednesday.
Profile Image
Well, yay. And ack! Because the new B-books went out in today's mail.

Better late than never, I guess.

Well, I was wrong. I apologize.

Profile Image
And ack! Because the new B-books went out in today's mail.

The second set of books arrived today. What do you want me to do with them?
Profile Image

Well, if you want, you could take a second turn. Pick a book & replace it with one of your own. Then mail them to me instead of the next person on the list.

Would that work for you?

Profile Image

Well, if you want, you could take a second turn. Pick a book & replace it with one of your own. Then mail them to me instead of the next person on the list.

Would that work for you?

Will do ! Send me your addy and I will send them out.

I am taking out The Best Marigold Hotel.
Profile Image
Send me your addy and I will send them out.

PM sent! Thanks!

Profile Image
... but I received 2 B-books back from Agrace (her second turn books, due to the re-start) today. She sent me Born to Bark by Stanley Coren & returned Basket Case by Carl Hiaasen as the book she didn't choose. Thanks Agrace!

So, back to our regular game order. mrsjones should be receiving the B-books any day now...

Carry on. =D

Profile Image
I have the books and have chosen Basket Case by Carl Hiaasen, but I don't see a BCID number inside. If this was your book, would you please send me that number?

I'm mailing the B books out to cat02886 today.
Thanks!

1 2 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.