corner corner [INTL] bookray, classic yaoi manga series I Shall Never Return:

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[INTL] bookray, classic yaoi manga series I Shall Never Return:

I finally finished the 5th and last volume of this impressive manga series about two young men and their often-troubled relationship (links to the books below), and thought I'd offer it here. I can mail the five books within the US (or to APO addresses, anywhere that media mail rates apply). (The story includes explicit sex scenes, though the focus is more on emotional growth and on relationships with family and friends as well as between the lovers; it's sometimes quite dark, but I found it a very enjoyable and moving story, one of the better yaoi series I've read.)

Please post here if interested, and indicate if you're able to mail internationally or not. [Since I got the first three well-traveled volumes via a bookbox I did want to keep them moving, and as the series is complete in five volumes I hope the books will stay together.]

Participants are listed in the JE of Vol. 1.

My comments (and for Vols. 1-3, those of other readers) are in the JEs; I don't know if there are any egregious spoilers, but if you'd rather not stumble upon any, don't read farther than the Vol. 1 comments!

Volume One ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/5710251 )
Volume Two ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6060773 )
Volume Three ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6275797 )
Volume Four ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8642359 )
Volume Five ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8663036 )

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I finally finished the 5th and last volume of this impressive manga series about two young men and their often-troubled relationship (links to the books below), and thought I'd offer it here. I can mail the five books within the US (or to APO addresses, anywhere that media mail rates apply). (The story includes explicit sex scenes, though the focus is more on emotional growth and on relationships with family and friends as well as between the lovers; it's sometimes quite dark, but I found it a very enjoyable and moving story, one of the better yaoi series I've read.)

Please post here if interested, and indicate if you're able to mail internationally or not. [Since I got the first three well-traveled volumes via a bookbox I did want to keep them moving, and as the series is complete in five volumes I hope the books will stay together.]

Participants are listed in the JE of Vol. 1.

My comments (and for Vols. 1-3, those of other readers) are in the JEs; I don't know if there are any egregious spoilers, but if you'd rather not stumble upon any, don't read farther than the Vol. 1 comments!

Volume One ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/5710251/ )
Volume Two ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6060773/ )
Volume Three ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6275797/ )
Volume Four ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8642359/ )
Volume Five ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8663036 )
Profile Image

Oh..

Too bad it's US only, if it ever does come back to Europe I'd love to read it. ^_^
Profile Image

RE: Oh..

Too bad it's US only, if it ever does come back to Europe I'd love to read it. ^_^

Sorry! I did price the postage, and it'd cost me something like $26 to mail the books internationally - I can mail three good-sized BOXES of books within the US for that amount of money, and my budget's pretty tight. Perhaps someone who can afford the postage will sign up...
Profile Image

RE: RE: Oh..

Sorry! I did price the postage, and it'd cost me something like $26 to mail the books internationally - I can mail three good-sized BOXES of books within the US for that amount of money, and my budget's pretty tight. Perhaps someone who can afford the postage will sign up...

No worries! I totally understand (postage is quite expensive in the Netherlands as well - and it's not as if their service is very good.. :p).
Thanks for bringing this series to my attention though, it sounds good. I'll just have to add it to my I-want-to-read-this-someday-list. ^_^
Profile Image
I'd be interested in reading them, and in sending them along if others are interested too; if not, I have some manga-reading friends who might want them.
Profile Image

:)

I'd be interested. I've been meaning to read that series and never got around to them. :)
Profile Image
I mailed the books to BMVCOE today; enjoy! [If anyone else is interested, feel free to sign up - and if someone can afford international postage, do let me know.]
Profile Image
But I can't do intl, sorry....
Profile Image
I'm interested. I prefer US shipping only if possible. I live in New Hampshire, USA.
Thanks,
Ruth
Profile Image
If you guys don't mind waiting, I likely will be going to Hong Kong next year. I don't mind taking it back there and mail it over there, as it costs less to go by sea there to Europe than to send it within U.S.! However, it could be a long wait.
Profile Image
If you guys don't mind waiting, I likely will be going to Hong Kong next year. I don't mind taking it back there and mail it over there, as it costs less to go by sea there to Europe than to send it within U.S.! However, it could be a long wait.

Since we don't know how quickly it will travel - I'm willing to allow people a longer "hold" time than the usual month, since there are five volumes - it may not be much of a wait after all, and that's assuming it survives all the intervening mailings {wry grin}. But I've penciled you in with an option to mail to Tsjara if circumstances work out. (Whether the luggage fees will balance out regular international postage is another question entirely, but thanks for the offer!)
Profile Image

Europe?

But I've penciled you in with an option to mail to Tsjara if circumstances work out.

If, if, if...the bookray comes to Europe, pls consider adding me, too.
Although I've read the first 3 vols already, I wouldn't mind reading them one more time and moving on to the 2 last vols.
But honestly no pressure if it's not possible.

Profile Image

Since we don't know how quickly it will travel - I'm willing to allow people a longer "hold" time than the usual month, since there are five volumes - it may not be much of a wait after all, and that's assuming it survives all the intervening mailings {wry grin}. But I've penciled you in with an option to mail to Tsjara if circumstances work out. (Whether the luggage fees will balance out regular international postage is another question entirely, but thanks for the offer!)

Well, this is getting sort of interesting. :p
Very kind of you to offer Azuki! Too bad I won't be going to Hong Kong anytime soon (just got back a month or so ago), or you could just pass them on by hand. But really, no worries if it doesn't work out. :)

Profile Image

Going international the air ticket includes a generous check in bag, so we have plenty of room.

My husband recently mailed off:
to New Zealand: one hardcover and two trade paper back
to Serbia: two large format graphic novels
to England: a hardcover
to Spain: a small hardcover

all for US$20. It can easily cost that much to mail one hardcover from U.S.! Once in a while a package will manage to sneak onto the airplane too. ; ) If my husband ever retires back to Hong Kong as he wishes, I will have oh-no-problem mailing internationally! ... On the other hand, how I get my current collection back to Hong Kong is a different story, one I cringe to think about ...

So Tsjara, were you from Hong Kong too? Since you phrased it "just got back a month or so ago" so I am curious. Did you know that we have a very nice OBCZ there?
Profile Image
like to join this ray, if it comes to Europe. I can send internationally ;)
Profile Image

:D

Hey! It got here!

I've already eaten the first two books! (they needed a little salt, but other than that...) :P
Profile Image

This set is now boxed up with postage and all. It will bee going out in monday's maik! :)
Profile Image
Unfortunately I can only do US postage..
Profile Image
Came today, all 5 books. I will journal each as I read them!
Profile Image
It's here!

I can't promise to get them all read and sent back out before my trip, but I'll be sure to journal all the individual volumes...once I open the box later today. :)
Profile Image
wow. I am so impressed. I was surprised when they told me Monday, but Saturday?!?!!
Profile Image
Otherwise the book will be so thick w dust i can't find them when it's time to send them to Tsjara!!
Profile Image
Ok, I'll wait to mail them until after I get home from vacation then...so that will be some time in July. :)
Profile Image
Media mail to/from Hawaii can take up to 3 weeks. I'll post the tracking info in the journal entry for book 1.
Profile Image
It's here already.
And hubby just told me that he may be making a trip back to Hong Kong in November, so the books may not have to wait that long after all... He's checking now to see if there is air ticket at a reasonable price, so keeping my fingers crossed...
Profile Image
[It's here already.]

Standard media mail transit time from here to the mainland is three weeks...but every once in a while someone decides to throw a media box on a plane instead, I guess. :)
Profile Image

Are there

any more readers for this series?
Profile Image

VS: Are there

I'd be interested in reading those!
I live in Finland. I prefer to post within Europe but I guess international is ok if absolutely necessary. :)
Profile Image
I'm in Belarus and prefer shipping within Europe
Profile Image
I'm in the UK, and prefer European postage of possible
Profile Image

Alright,

then on it goes:

-Kata- (EU)
Lamilla (EU)
Vekiki (EU)
Profile Image
then on it goes:

-Kata- (EU)
Lamilla (EU)
Vekiki (EU)
Have you posted the books?
Profile Image
home from my holidays and the books I sent waited for me there. They were returned. Maybe some mix-up?
Profile Image
The box arrived safely today! \o/ :D
I'm so glad; thank you Andrasthe!
Profile Image

update

The volumes 1-4 will be on their way to Lamilla tomorrow. Due to postal payments I'll send the volume 5 in another package within a couple of days.
I'm sorry It's taken so long! I think I read most of the books 2-3 times! :)
Profile Image
Should I read it now or wait for the beginning? Oh, the choice!
Profile Image
Should I read it now or wait for the beginning? Oh, the choice!

I know it's hard..but my suggestion is to wait. :)
Profile Image

sent

volumes 1-3 are on the way to the next reader
Profile Image
I finished the series yesterday evening and sent the last two volumes to Vekiki today
Thanks for sharing the manga with me!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.