corner corner Wreck This Journal book ring...any interest?

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Wreck This Journal book ring...any interest?

While out shopping, I found a Wreck this Journal book by Keri Smith. I am wondering if anyone is interested in wrecking it with me. If so, let me know along with shipping preferences. It is a paperback and weighs 10.4 ounces (so people can decide based on this weight for postage costs) based on the information on the Amazon site. While checking for the weight, I noticed that there is a Kindle version of it and can't imagine how you could "wreck" a Kindle book, but I digress.

Please let me know if interested...thanks!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
While out shopping, I found a Wreck this Journal book by Keri Smith. I am wondering if anyone is interested in wrecking it with me. If so, let me know along with shipping preferences. It is a paperback and weighs 10.4 ounces (so people can decide based on this weight for postage costs) based on the information on the Amazon site. While checking for the weight, I noticed that there is a Kindle version of it and can't imagine how you could "wreck" a Kindle book, but I digress.

Please let me know if interested...thanks!
Profile Image
I remember seeing a few threads about this book and it did catch my interest. No rush to get it to me, around Valentines Day would be about right.
Profile Image
... had one already... http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/7748812/
In case you're interested, check this:
http://www.flickr.com/---/72157626465929935/

There's a Kindle version? LOL...
But why not? Pour your coffee over it, stand on it, handprints, scratch, climb up high and drop it... and sue the company if it breaks... :-)
Profile Image
herchelle and try to get it out to you by February.

@ApoloniaXI knew there was another one going on, but thought another one might be fun for others still waiting for the first one (there must be another besides the one you participated in since that one returned to its original owner). I still am shaking my head over the Kindle version...what a great suggestion for getting a new Kindle. I spilled coffee on it, etc. Great idea! :) Enjoyed looking at the photos, too, at the Flicker site.
Profile Image
Within the US, please, due to postage costs.

Now, if the Kindle version was a separate thing altogether, an app where you could paint, paste photos on the various pages, that could make sense and be fun. But just an online version of the print thing is kinda nuts.
Profile Image
but shhh, don't tell them! :-)
Profile Image
LittleWhiteBird (is your screen name a reference to Sandburg's poem/thoughts on love by any chance?)..

@grovalskii...I won't tell if you don't tell my niece that she is getting one, too.
Profile Image
maybe I should get my nephew one...

I don't know the poem. My screen name is a reference to my first name.
Profile Image
they do have a German version! It's called "Mach dieses Buch fertig".
Profile Image
maybe I should get my nephew one...

I don't know the poem. My screen name is a reference to my first name.

I am not sure what the poem is called exactly, but after Sandburg refers to love as a cat, mouse, a big red apple, a snake, and a few other things including a little white bird, he votes for the little white bird as the epitome of love.

Profile Image
after Sandburg refers to love as a cat, mouse, a big red apple, a snake, and a few other things including a little white bird, he votes for the little white bird as the epitome of love.

Wow, interesting poem. I found it here: http://readalittlepoetry.wordpress.com/---/little-word-little-white-bird-by-carl-sandburg/ It's called "Little Word, Little White Bird"
Profile Image
after Sandburg refers to love as a cat, mouse, a big red apple, a snake, and a few other things including a little white bird, he votes for the little white bird as the epitome of love.

Wow, interesting poem. I found it here: http://readalittlepoetry.wordpress.com/---/little-word-little-white-bird-by-carl-sandburg/ It's called "Little Word, Little White Bird"

Thanks for the reference. We did it as part of a play, The Life of Carl Sandburg, but wasn't ever really sure if the whole poem was used or just truncated for sound bites. I just know that I read the part of mouse in the pocket and the apple, and I followed a woman who did a great flamingo section...she nearly purred her lines as she writhed like a flamingo shape.
Profile Image

me please!

I sent one out myself-Wreck this journal and help design a quilt. What a lovely mess they made of it too! Prefer UK/EU shipping please. If anyone wants a peek, look here...it all feels rather naughty when you're doing it!
http://www.flickr.com/---/page2/
Profile Image
starflash and will defer to your shipping preferences when setting it up. By the way, awesome photos on your flicker account.
Profile Image
Yep. Would love to join in and see more of this journal, if I may. I too would prefer shipping to UK and EU but depending on timings can stretch to International.

Profile Image
Diane-Fraser.

So far, I have the following people that have expressed a desire to participate:
herchelle
LittleWhiteBird
starflash
Diane-Fraser
NMReader
debnance
Chremajora
rureading

ApoloniaX posted but not interested, and grovalskii didn't indicate anything than her kids will be enjoying a copy of their own in 2 days' time (but keep it a secret!); however, if I am incorrect in this, please correct me.

Disclaimers: This is a just a continuing list of those participating; the actual ring line up of the participants will vary depending on shipping preferences, etc. If I misspelled your screen name, my apologies in advance. Will let everyone know when it is sent out and the final order is determined. Thanks.
Profile Image
For this book. I'm interested but only if I can ship in USA
Profile Image
NMReader and will take shipping preferences into account (thus, the order will be determined by all the determinants of shipping preference, entering, etc. in order to accommodate all).
Profile Image

Thank you

If you are thinking of joining but are undecided, participation in this booking will be very fun. If you have YAs in you life if is fun to get them involved.
Profile Image

Me, too?

I'd like to join in. I need to stay in the US, please.
Profile Image

You, too...

and noting shipping preference, too
Profile Image
please?

It sounds like fun!

I am in Germany and would prefer EU postage if at all possible.

Thanks!
Profile Image
...and herchelle and I live in the same city and we would be able to meet to pass the journal along. Can I be placed on the list after herchelle? I can also post internationally. Thanks, this sounds fun!
Profile Image
both with appropriate shipping concerns taken into account.
Profile Image
along with the list as I have arranged it based on everyone's shipping preferences and as closely in order to when added to the list. I am starting with the EU shipping people (Chremajora will be first as I was about to send her a card for her birthday anyway, killing two birds with one stone as it were), then to Canada, then to the US and back to me.
Here is the shipping order:

Chremajora
star-flash
Diane-Fraser
JoolsW
herchelle
rureading
LittleWhiteBird
NMReader
debnance
back to me
Profile Image
This sounds like fun. If you're still taking names, I'm happy to post anywhere : )
Profile Image
in the most appropriate place based on shipping costs.
Profile Image
Yay! Thank you : )

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.