corner corner Christian mostly Non-Fiction bookbox (US only)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Christian mostly Non-Fiction bookbox (US only)

I would like to start a Christian non-fiction bookbox if I find some people who are interested. US only.

Rules:

The box may contain:
- not more than one "study Bible" or similar book
- books specifically for small group study: only those that don't require any additional resources except the Bible - and not more than three of those
- not more than three fiction books

Other rules:
- You can take out three more books out than you're putting back in. E.g. if you take four books out, you only have to put one back in. Or if you take six books out, you only have to put three back in.
- Please don't keep the box for more than two weeks before sending it to the next participant.
- I'm sending a small book as a journal with the box http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11292798 Please make entries there listing the books you take out and put back in.

Please post if you're interested and what wishes or concerns you'd have for the box so that I can incorporate them in the rules for the box if I agree.

As far as I can see, interested participants so far are:

LynnGorman (still interested)
k00kaburra (near the end) (still interested)

elizardbreath (too busy, has to drop out)
(JDT (if some fiction is allowed) dropping out)

I'm still taking participants once the box has started if anyone else is interested.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I would like to start a Christian non-fiction bookbox if I find some people who are interested. US only.

Rules:

The box may contain:
- not more than one "study Bible" or similar book
- books specifically for small group study: only those that don't require any additional resources except the Bible - and not more than three of those
- not more than three fiction books

Other rules:
- You can take out three more books out than you're putting back in. E.g. if you take four books out, you only have to put one back in. Or if you take six books out, you only have to put three back in.
- Please don't keep the box for more than two weeks before sending it to the next participant.
- I'm sending a small book as a journal with the box http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11292798 Please make entries there listing the books you take out and put back in.

Please post if you're interested and what wishes or concerns you'd have for the box so that I can incorporate them in the rules for the box if I agree.

As far as I can see, interested participants so far are:

LynnGorman (still interested)
k00kaburra (near the end) (still interested)

elizardbreath (too busy, has to drop out)
(JDT (if some fiction is allowed) dropping out)

I'm still taking participants once the box has started if anyone else is interested.
Profile Image

suggestion

I know you're going non-fic while she's going fic, but maybe you two could work together?: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/477835
just noticed you may be of interest to each other :)

and it's always a good idea to put location restrictions like US only in the thread title so that others know to ignore you!
Profile Image
I sent a PM to her so she'll be aware.

I put US in the title, too. Thanks for that tip, I always forget.
Profile Image
I think study books would be good if they weren't already written in and didn't require another text (other than the Bible, of course) to be used and understood. If we don't get any other interest, maybe we can just swap boxes: fiction for non-fiction :) Hee Hee :)
Profile Image
I am interested but am a newbie to this site. Can someone explain a bookbox to me please.
Profile Image
I put a certain number of books in a box. Each one who gets the box can take out as many books as they want, but has to put the same number of books back in (unless the rules specify something different). The box goes through everyone who wants to participate and then back to me.

You'll have to read the rules or description for the box that person who starts the box specifies. E.g. about the theme of the books, how long you can keep the box, how many books you can exchange, etc.

Does that clarify it?
Profile Image
if so, I'd be interested in joining.
Profile Image
I'll start with all non-fiction, because that's all I have available right now. But if everyone is ok with it, I could allow a certain number of fiction books in the box.
Profile Image

clarified

Thank you, LittleWhiteBird. I think I understand how the bookbox works now. :)
Profile Image
1. Is this bookbox still a go?
2. How/where do we leave our mailing address?
3. How/where do we locate the next person's address?
Thanks!
Profile Image

Yes

1. I was going to see if there are more people who are interested.
But yes, it's still a go.

2. I'll make a list of participants. The previous person in the list will send you a pm asking for your address.

3. Once you receive the box, you'll send a PM to the next person asking for their address.

I'll get this going within about a week. I have all the books selected, but some are still unregistered, so I still have to do that.

Profile Image
Haven't been looking at the bookboxes much lately, so I just saw this one - I'd love to be placed near the end of this one :)
Profile Image
I have a copy of Confessions of Saint Augustine for anyone that thinks they may be interested - PM me
Profile Image
... in participating?

I'm starting to get it ready.
Profile Image

Busy

but the box will go out before the end of the month.
Profile Image
... and ready to go to Elizardbreath.

I can still take a couple more participants if anyone else is interested.
Profile Image
"An empty wrapper with your address was found in the mail..." And it also had elizardbreath's address attached. So those books are somewhere scattered around in nowhere land *sniff*. So I'll file a claim (at least I have a list of all those books that were in there!) and then I'll see how to proceed. This "wrapper" was found in Des Moines, Iowa in the USPS distribution center, by the way.
Profile Image
How disappointing!! :(
Profile Image
Yeah. I filed that claim shortly after I posted here.
Profile Image
I haven't heard anything from the USPS yet.
Profile Image
sorry to hear about the problems with this bookbox!
Profile Image
JDT.

If I don't hear from USPS by the end of the year, I'll see what I have available and will check with all of you about getting a little replacement box started.

If anybody else would like to participate in that little box, let me know.
Profile Image
I got mail from the USPS over the weekend. The books now have officially not been found :(

I'm going to make a (smaller) replacement box to start traveling early in the new year.

If anybody sees this now and would still like to sign up for this box, there's still time.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.