corner corner (Ray) BX's Cookbook

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

(Ray) BX's Cookbook

Some time ago I won a little handmade recipe book from lizzyblack's rabck. She's done wonderful job with it and it would be a shame for the book to just stay in my cupboard and never be seen by others! Therefore I've turned it into a registered book which I'm hoping to get filled with tried & tested, short recipies from other bookcrossers. After the pages are filled, I'm hoping for the book to travel around and offer others some yummy moments in the kitchen.

Now I need your help! Would you be interested in participating and writing your favourite recipe on one of the pages? There isn't too much space on the pages, so therefore simple, short recipies would be welcome.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10524833
The recipe booklet starts its travels as a ray and the last person is welcome to decide whom s/he surprises with it.
Btw, the name of the booklet comes from the text that lizzyblack has printed on the top page emblem.

This is of course international! The booklet fits an A5 envelope and is quite light, so it should be fairly cheap to ship anywhere. Let me know if you're willing to ship anywhere or just within your continent and I'll try to sort it out!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Some time ago I won a little handmade recipe book from lizzyblack's rabck. She's done wonderful job with it and it would be a shame for the book to just stay in my cupboard and never be seen by others! Therefore I've turned it into a registered book which I'm hoping to get filled with tried & tested, short recipies from other bookcrossers. After the pages are filled, I'm hoping for the book to travel around and offer others some yummy moments in the kitchen.

Now I need your help! Would you be interested in participating and writing your favourite recipe on one of the pages? There isn't too much space on the pages, so therefore simple, short recipies would be welcome.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10524833/
The recipe booklet starts its travels as a ray and the last person is welcome to decide whom s/he surprises with it.
Btw, the name of the booklet comes from the text that lizzyblack has printed on the top page emblem.

This is of course international! The booklet fits an A5 envelope and is quite light, so it should be fairly cheap to ship anywhere. Let me know if you're willing to ship anywhere or just within your continent and I'll try to sort it out!
Profile Image
I live in The Netherlands and since it is smal / light, I'll ship internationally this time.
If possible (if there's more interest) I'd prefer to be put down the list please.

What a great idea for a ray!
Profile Image

*bump*

Profile Image
So I am up for it. I am in Belgium and willing to post anywhere :-)
Profile Image
I hardly ever cook, so I won't join, but I thought I'd mention this:

The Lost Book's ring for Un Lun Dun ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10054085 ) has asked everyone to include a photo of their postcard as a picture on the journal entry.

It might be nice if you copied that idea - if the picture is good, everyone on the ray can see all the recipes, even the ones *after* them on the ray. :)
Profile Image
UK, will post anywhere.
Profile Image
I am so pleased that my book is travelling around the world! And I would like to see it with recipes inside :) Put me wherever you want in the list!
Profile Image
How wonderful that you're interested! If anyone else is even slightly keen on trying our recipies, come join us! I'll wait till Easter and mail the recipe book right after it. As everyone's willing to mail anywhere so far, I might just raffle out the order to be fair to everyone, but we'll see who else wants to cook with us...
Hyphen8; great idea! If I don't manage to get a clear enough pic of the recipe page, I'll write mine to the JE. Won't be a long one anyway :)
Profile Image
I love this idea!
Profile Image
Now's your last chance to join!
Profile Image
I would love to join this! So original! I'm in Canada and I can ship anywhere.
Profile Image
I would love to join this! So original! I'm in Canada and I can ship anywhere.
Oh, and if possible, I would love to be one of the last stops so I can see as many recipes as possible!

Profile Image
May I please join. I can only post within Australia though, if not don't worry about me.
Profile Image
I'm just waiting to hear from one participant and then the book is on its way to its European leg!
luckylurker, I'll put you down as the last participant, hopefully you'll find someone in Australia to give/mail it to!
Profile Image
just yet :-)
Profile Image

Wonderful!

Everything's in order an the book is going to mail! Thank you everyone for participating :D
I figured this might be one of the best orders for the book to travel:
elstaplador - UK
Tubereader - Belgium
Boekentroll - The Netherlands
hyphen8 - USA
stephanielouise - Canada
CynthiaA - Canada
lizzyblack - Italy
luckylurker - Australia
Profile Image
Oh, ok...I'll think of *something* to put in just because this is a fun idea. :)
Profile Image
Oh shoot! I'm so sorry hyphen8, I totally did not read the no in your original message... I so feel like Homer Simpson now...d'oh! I can take you off the list if you wish, it's no big a deal :) (sent you a pm)
Profile Image
Not a problem. Like I said, I'll think of something to contribute. :)
Profile Image

Up!

Still ISO elstaplador!
Profile Image
Elstaplador was at the convention in Dublin. I don't know how much internet excess she has had for the last couple of days, so I wouldn't worry to much.

And is there still space for me to participate?
Profile Image
Thanks for the info marsala! :) Dublin, should have guessed...everyone who's anyone has been there! *green with envy*

You're in marsala! :) Hope you don't mind waiting for a while, I wanted to play around with the book's route a little bit...

elstaplador - UK
Tubereader - Belgium
hyphen8 - USA
stephanielouise - Canada
CynthiaA - Canada
marsala - UK
lizzyblack - Italy
luckylurker - Australia

Profile Image
If its not too late I'd like to join. I'm in Canada, can mail anywhere.
Profile Image
Not at all :) You're welcome to join in!

elstaplador - UK
Tubereader - Belgium
hyphen8 - USA
stephanielouise - Canada
CynthiaA - Canada
kobie03 - Canada
marsala - UK
lizzyblack - Italy
luckylurker - Australia

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.