corner corner Int'l Ring: Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata (Nobel Prize Winner)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Int'l Ring: Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata (Nobel Prize Winner)

I picked this book up but have quite a few books to read before I get to this one. Thought I would send this on a journey for a while, if anyone is interested in reading this tale of a doomed love affair between the wealthy Shimamura and the geisha Komako. The author, Yasunari Kawabata, won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1968 and his story, Snow Country, is considered a masterpiece in 20th century literature.

Book's journal: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10451423

If any responsible Bookcrosser would like to participate in this Bookring, sign up here or PM me. Let me know your shipping preference. Book weighs 7.2 oz Usual Bookring rules apply. Please try to read it within 30 days.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I picked this book up but have quite a few books to read before I get to this one. Thought I would send this on a journey for a while, if anyone is interested in reading this tale of a doomed love affair between the wealthy Shimamura and the geisha Komako. The author, Yasunari Kawabata, won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1968 and his story, Snow Country, is considered a masterpiece in 20th century literature.

Book's journal: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/10451423

If any responsible Bookcrosser would like to participate in this Bookring, sign up here or PM me. Let me know your shipping preference. Book weighs 7.2 oz Usual Bookring rules apply. Please try to read it within 30 days.
Profile Image
Participants:
iwillrejoice - Ship US/Canada
??
Profile Image
Kawabata? Count me in! I can ship anywhere.

And thanks!
Profile Image

I'm in

Sounds good for me!
I live in Europe and would prefer to ship within Europe

Thank you!
Profile Image
Thanks for signing up Bibliovore and raluk68. I'll put you down on the list. :-) Anybody else?

So far have:
iwillrejoice - U.S.A.
Bibliovore - Canada
raluk68 - Romania
VictoriaWagtail - Sweden
Profile Image
I live in Sweden and I can ship internationally

Profile Image
Mycket Tack! I appreciate your offer to ship internationally. I've got you down on the the participants list.
Profile Image
I' d like to be near the end, please. I can ship anywhere.
Profile Image
I'll gladly put you down towards the end, valpete. Thanks for joining my bookring. :-)
Profile Image
I saw on another book site, that this book only has 175 pages. If that's correct, I'll happily ship internationally (I live in The Netherlands).

I have signed up for some rings and rays, so if that's possible and causing not too much trouble, could you put me towards the end of this ring? Thanks!
Profile Image
That is correct. The book is only 175 pages so it won't completely kill the pocketbook. I think I should be able to put you near the end of the ring with no problem. Thanks for joining and offering to ship international.
Profile Image
I am in Greece and would prefer to post within Europe. If not possible, I can ship internationally.
Profile Image
helena100, I have added you to the bookring. Thanks so much for joining. :-)
Profile Image
If still in time would like to join this book ring please.
I live in Oregon, USA ... Would prefer to post within north America but if necessary will post international.
Thanks...
Profile Image
I have you down on the participation list, oppem. Glad you can join us.

The book is about ready to start its journey. The reading order is set. I will leave it open for now, in case a few more want to participate in this bookring. Hope everyone enjoys this story.
Profile Image
if its still possible to fit me in near the end so as not to hold anyone up. I'm in the US (New York) and prefer US shipping if possible.
Profile Image
Gotcha! Thanks for joining the group, biisbsw. :-)
Profile Image
In Canada, can ship international. Thanks!
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. My computer broke down andI just got it back today. I will certainly put you down as a participant. Thanks for joining!
Profile Image
This sounds like an interesting book, so would like to join the ring, if it's still possible? I'm based in the UK and would prefer to ship within the UK or EU, but can do internationally if need be. Can you let me know if there's a spot for me?
Profile Image
I'd like to join I'd possible. I'd like to read this as part of my 666 challenge for 2012, so not near the end would be good so I can read it in 2012.

I'm in NZ and can ship anywhere, although prefer within NZ/ Australis if anyone else joins which would make that possible.
Profile Image
I added you two to the participants list. RonOren, I have you shipping within Europe. KiwiinEngland, I put you up near the top of the list so that you will meet your 2012 deadline. Thanks for joining. Looking forward to your journal entries.

Notice for other participants: By adding these folks, I changed the order just a bit so be sure to check the list before sending off the book.
Profile Image
Am in Germany and can post internationally.
Profile Image
Thanks for joining sedna5213. Hope you enjoy the story.
Profile Image

Me too?

Could I please join? :) I 'm really interested in Japanese books. Please check my address via a personal message before anyone sends anyone to me, because I'm about to move soon.
Profile Image

RE: Me too?

I added you to the list, LaPitchoune. Thanks for the PM!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.