corner corner THE TOWERING INFERNO bookring. (US Only)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

THE TOWERING INFERNO bookring. (US Only)

I have two hard covers of the books that "the Towering Inferno" movie was based on (not light, so right now, just in the USA, please. After the first loop around the country, I'll open it overseas).

The Glass Inferno and The Tower should be read and then shipped together. I plan to start the ring in a week or two... please sign up here and PM me and I'll add you to the list.

Usual Rules. It's a two book bookring, so each stop will probably be a little longer than usual between stops. Not sure how to handle spoilers since I'm going to assume we've all seen the movie.

LIST:
1> angelface46 (Montrose, Colorado USA)
2> Hyphen8 (Honolulu, Hawaii USA)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have two hard covers of the books that "the Towering Inferno" movie was based on (not light, so right now, just in the USA, please. After the first loop around the country, I'll open it overseas).

The Glass Inferno and The Tower should be read and then shipped together. I plan to start the ring in a week or two... please sign up here and PM me and I'll add you to the list.

Usual Rules. It's a two book bookring, so each stop will probably be a little longer than usual between stops. Not sure how to handle spoilers since I'm going to assume we've all seen the movie.

LIST:
1> angelface46 (Montrose, Colorado USA)
2> Hyphen8 (Honolulu, Hawaii USA)
Profile Image

join

I would like to read them. I love that movie. Just caught it on Encore yesterday.
Profile Image

RE: join

I think we caught it on RETRO this fall which is what inspired my wife and I to pick them up. I put you on the list.

Profile Image
one of the authors (Frank Robinson) at a sci-fi convention. The books are pretty good.

Too many new books on TBR, so I'll pass but wish you happy reading!
Profile Image
That is, as long as you're ok with the fact that media mail to/from Hawaii is pretty slow - usually around 3 weeks.

Read & released The Tower years ago ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/3733580 ) but haven't read The Glass Inferno, so it should be fun.
Profile Image
Oh, I think we're all used to the idea of Media Mail being slow. Besides, the books have been around for about 30 years... what's 3 weeks? Hyphen8, you're added.
Profile Image
That I can steal and paste into the first post?
Profile Image
Very, very short ring that it is.
Profile Image
Here's the Tracking number for interested parties: 0311 3260 0001 6818 8323

There's still room for more to join up, if there are any more Towering Inferno fans out there...
Profile Image
I am bummed. Been trying to read this off and on. I have allergies that are being whipped by the age of the books. I'm going to have to send this on. I will PM hyphen8 and plan to send out again April 6. Thank you for sharing!
Profile Image
If someone else in the USA wants to read these, now's the time to let me know.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.