corner corner Audio Bookbox Ray (Cassette Tapes)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Thanks very much - I'll try to find new homes for these 17 audiobooks when I'm done with them:

Angela's Ashes
Barn Blind
The Beach House
Courting Trouble
Cuba
Dolores Claiborne
Four to Score
Interview with the Vampire
Mr. Murder
Naked
The President's Daughter
Rising Sun
Shades of Grace
Southampton Row
Timeline
Twelve Times Blessed
While My Pretty One Sleeps

Photo here: http://www.flickr.com/---/7098493059

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have a couple hundred audiobooks on cassette to still get rid of, so I'm going to do another bookbox ray (like a bookbox where you take some out, put some in, and send to the next person, only it never comes back to me). As it will be USA-only (at least, while I control it) it can be sent at Media Mail rate, which is still a little cheaper than regular.

UPDATE February 19, 2012:
I'm thinking about changing the rules of the game before the game even gets started.

I have so many books to give away and the boxes I get from work are so small, that it's going to take me years to give all of these new homes at this rate. So now what I'm thinking of doing is offering TWO options.

OPTION A: You'll get a box of about 15-20 books on cassette, take some out, put some of your own in, and pass it to the next person on the list.

OPTION B: You'll get a box of about 15-20 books on cassette and treat the box as a Ray it Forward. Whenever you're ready, pass the box of books on to someone else. There will be no time limit and no set list of people to send to.

In A, it's the standard bookbox ray. In B, you just get a box of books on cassette tape and eventually find homes for all of them. Let me know which you prefer (or both)!
Profile Image

Anybody?

Bumping.
Profile Image
I like audio cassettes. :-)

Just wondering about the cost to ship...
Profile Image
Sorry I missed this when you first posted. I have some very nice audiobooks on tape, and I'm always happy to see what else is out there and make some exchanges.
Profile Image
As long as it's not too huge. Is this box going to be under 20 pounds, I hope?! (The last one that came home to me was gigantic.)

I have a bunch of audios on tape to share also.
Profile Image

I'll join

I would love to switch some cassettes out. All I ask is that I'm not on the end. I already have 2 1/2 boxes of audio cassettes and I don't have any shelf space left because the rest of the shelf is used up by audio CDs and books. I could open up my own library. LOL!

Profile Image
Good question! I'll pack some up tomorrow night and count, then report back. Sorry for not knowing yet.
Profile Image
I'm afraid I can't sign up for this one, as I don't have a handy means of listening to cassettes any more; I could put some in but wouldn't want to take any out!

But I do have a very nice audiobook on cassette that I've been trying to find a good home for, so if anyone here would like it, please let me know. It's an unabridged version of Marc Acito's How I Paid For College ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8087508 ), very funny, and I'll be glad to send it to the first responder.
Profile Image
I would be interested in this one, if it's still available. :-)
Profile Image
I would be interested in this one, if it's still available. :-)

Done! Send me your address.
Profile Image
I'm in, if you still have room.I like cassettes better the CD's. I'm not quite sure how this works, do we take out book and don't replace.
Profile Image

Box size

The box is small--it fits about 20 audio books that are a mixture of abridged and unabridged.
Profile Image
Thanks for the info.

I PM'd you already last night, but with a nice small box like this, I would be up for either/both Options. Thanks!
Profile Image

RE: Box size

...with a nice small box like this, I would be up for either/both Options. Thanks!

Ditto. Sounds like fun. :)

Profile Image
I PM you also,I'm in for both,sounds like fun
Profile Image
Thanks very much - I'll try to find new homes for these 17 audiobooks when I'm done with them:

Angela's Ashes
Barn Blind
The Beach House
Courting Trouble
Cuba
Dolores Claiborne
Four to Score
Interview with the Vampire
Mr. Murder
Naked
The President's Daughter
Rising Sun
Shades of Grace
Southampton Row
Timeline
Twelve Times Blessed
While My Pretty One Sleeps

Photo here: http://www.flickr.com/---/7098493059
Profile Image
I received a fabulous box from KateKintail last week. Thanks so much! =D

Profile Image

"B" bookbox

I got a box from Kate last week, I did thank her privately, but I wanted to thank her again on the forum. Thanks so much Kate:)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.