corner corner "Gotta Get These Moving" box is on the move!

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

"Gotta Get These Moving" box is on the move!

A new year is just around the corner, and in an effort to clear out all the clutter and start fresh I am putting together a bookbox of books that I have just simply been sitting on for too long! It will be a smallish box, as many books as I can cram into a medium priority mail box (Maybe 15 or so?). US only to make shipping cheaper, and it's basically anything goes. If you want to get it moving it can go in this box!
Anyone interested please sign up on this thread and PM me with your location.

So far I am throwing these in there:
Agnes Grey - Anne Bronte
First Lady - Susan Elizabeth Phillips
In Country - Bobbie Mason
Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Me of Little Faith - Lewis Black
Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

1/1/12: Adding-
The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men - Christine Ridgeway
Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - Laurie Rigler
Jacob's Room - Virginia Woolf

1/2/12: Adding -
A is for Alibi - Sue Grafton
I would like at least 8-10 people if possible... if not then I take as many as sign up between now and the end of January. I propose the box start moving in late Jan or early Feb.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
A new year is just around the corner, and in an effort to clear out all the clutter and start fresh I am putting together a bookbox of books that I have just simply been sitting on for too long! It will be a smallish box, as many books as I can cram into a medium priority mail box (Maybe 15 or so?). US only to make shipping cheaper, and it's basically anything goes. If you want to get it moving it can go in this box!
Anyone interested please sign up on this thread and PM me with your location.

So far I am throwing these in there:
Agnes Grey - Anne Bronte
First Lady - Susan Elizabeth Phillips
In Country - Bobbie Mason
Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Me of Little Faith - Lewis Black
Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

1/1/12: Adding-
The Care and Feeding of Unmarried Men - Christine Ridgeway
Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - Laurie Rigler
Jacob's Room - Virginia Woolf

1/2/12: Adding -
A is for Alibi - Sue Grafton
I would like at least 8-10 people if possible... if not then I take as many as sign up between now and the end of January. I propose the box start moving in late Jan or early Feb.
Profile Image

join in

I would like to join in.
Profile Image
but it would be MUCH cheaper if you mail using Media Mail, probally less than $5 for a box of that size.
Profile Image
Oh, I know... I just said medium priority mail box to give everyone an idea of the size of the box. I' min no way saying anyone who participates has to use priority mail =D
Profile Image
We'd like to play, NJ here.
Profile Image
Awesome. All 3 of you are now signed up =D
Profile Image
sending a pm now.
Profile Image
Great! I have added you =D
Profile Image
I'm interested. I'm in NJ
Profile Image
Wonderful! You are added to the list!
Profile Image
Please add me, news-hound, but I'd like to be at least 4th or 5th down, if possible!
Profile Image
I live in Colorado. I have lots of books from other BCers that I need to get moving!
Profile Image
Have added both elizardbreath and rythmbiscuit. elizardbreath, I have you on the list at #7 for now. Let me know if that is ok by you.
Profile Image

me please

I haven't done a bookbox in a long time and would like to get in on this one please. :) Thanks!
Profile Image
You're added. BTW, I love your little avatar! I <3 ladybugs.
Profile Image
You're added. BTW, I love your little avatar! I <3 ladybugs.

Thanks!
Profile Image
It sounds like fun :)
Profile Image
You're added as well k00kaburra =D
Profile Image
please note I have changed my screen name from news-hound to OphEliaGirl =D
Profile Image
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides is going into the box.
Profile Image

I'll join!

PM coming.
Profile Image
Added! Thanks for joining!
Profile Image
Of course! There is always room for one more, just like there is always room for Jello =D
Profile Image
Thanks for hosting this RABCK. I would love to be apart of it! PMing you now:) thanks again!!
Profile Image
Thanks for joining! Will be adding you to the list!
Profile Image
I'm in OK.
Profile Image
Great TinaJean! You're in. I wasn't expecting so much interest. This is awesome!
Profile Image
I'm a newbie here on BC and would love to join this bookbox ring!
Profile Image
I will certainly add you Rumomma, just please make sure if you don't think you will have enough books registered to be able to contribute to the box, let me know so I can remove you from the list.
Please let me know if you need any help figuring anything on bookcrossing out, and welcome!
Profile Image
Thanks! I'm going to pm you with a question.
Profile Image
May I join? I will probably use Media Mail.
Profile Image
Of course you may, and you can mail the books any way you choose so long as they arrive to the next person on the list =D
Profile Image
I would like to join!
Profile Image
Added, and thanks for participating!
Profile Image
I'm throwing in Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend and What's a Ghoul To Do by Victoria Laurie. I have room for maybe 3 or 4 more books in the box and then we should be ready to roll!
Profile Image
If you haven't stopped taking names. I'm in Ohio. Thanks!
Profile Image
Nope, the box is not closed yet. I will add you to my list =D
Profile Image
I'm in Seattle. Thanks :)
Profile Image
Added as well. Almost ready to roll, I promise =D
Profile Image
This box is now closed to new participants.
I get paid Friday, so the box is set to begin moving on Monday, January 30th at the latest!
Hooray!
Profile Image
Guys, I have been VERY sick for four days with Strep Throat, which means I lost my chance to go to the post office until at least next Monday. I apologize, but I promise the box WILL go out Monday!
Profile Image
No problem!
Profile Image

Yuck

I certainly hope you are feeling better. No problem about it going out Monday.
Profile Image
The box hit the mail today and is on its way to Colorado! Mailing order is on my profile page in the second scrollable box. Any questions or concerns please PM me.
Profile Image
Awesome box.

Chose:
1. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict
2. In Country
3. Anges Grey
4. Eternal Craving
5. What's A Ghoul To Do?
6. Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend
7. Middlesex
8. Me of Little Faith
9. Love In The Time Of Cholera
10. Jacob's Room

Replaced with:
1. Salem's Lot
2. Smokin' Seventeen
3. Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
4. Angels & Demons
5. The Black Ice
6. Hurricane Homicide
7. Death's Half Acre
8. Forever My Love
9. Destiny's Temptress
10. Maid of Midnight

Don't see list of who gets next. Will PM you for name - this box is ready to go back out.
Profile Image
If you go to my profile, you will see I have 3 scrollable boxes on there. The infor for this box is in the second box. Scroll through the box (not through my profile) to see the mailing order.
Angelface46 - the next receiver is rhythmbiscuit, they are also in Colorado.
Profile Image
Thanks, still working my way through this site. I did send a PM to rhythmbiscuit. I have not heard from her. I have the box ready to go, just waiting for that.
Profile Image
The box is on its way to rhythmbiscuit. Tracking # is 03080660000017831272
Profile Image
I received it Friday...computer died though & I just got it back so I haven't had the chance to register anything yet. PMing the next person on the list so I can ship it this week. :)
Profile Image
Awesome!! It's moving along quite nicely =D
Profile Image
Hi guys,
Just wanted to update everyone - The box is kind of stuck at the moment in Alabama with ladybug74 through no fault of hers! The next person who was supposed to catch, TaleofGengi, we have been unable to get hold of. The person after that hereticcoy has asked their account to be deactivated. We're now in the process of trying to reach eponine38 and get it moving again. Stay tuned.
Profile Image
Hi OphEliaGirl, I just got your PM. I did not receive any of Ladybug74's messages. I would still like to participate.

Thanks!
Profile Image
My bad! I had TaleofGenji listed as TaleofGengi on my list and it turns out, one letter makes a BIG difference because taleofgengi is a completely different person from TaleofGenji. I have contacted ladybug74 and hopefully we have it straight - next to receive should be TaleofGenji who will then send to eponine38.
Profile Image
Anyone know where this box is at?? Did Ladybug74 get the right person's correct address? No activity on this box in nearly a month has me concerned. Thanks!
Profile Image
According to her bookshelf she mailed the box out 1 month ago but it dosen't say to who
Profile Image
Post office box checked today, 5/29, still no box.
Profile Image

Oy.

@_@.
Ok.... trying to get a hold of her. I'm bummed... I've got two bookboxed stalled out and can't get hold of either party.
Profile Image

RE: Oy.

Checked again yesterday, 6/3. Still no box.

Profile Image
I am estimating that you should have the box next week sometime, it has been mailed. I do hope everyone understands that sometimes boxes take a long time to move from one place to the next. Some people may not be able to get to a post office very often (like me, I get out MAYBE once a week, if I am lucky), others have to wait to get help carrying the box due to disability, some may not be able to afford the mailing fee right away and some may have other things going on in their lives that can prevent them from getting the boxes mailed.
I hope everyone uses their patience and understanding when participating in a box, and just has fun with it =D
Profile Image
It seems as though there have been huge heaping servings of misunderstands served all the way around on this one.

Ladybug74: When you PM'd me on the 14th of April for my address you said, "You are up next for this bookbox and I have it ready to go."

OphEliaGirl: I am in the same boat as you, lucky if I get to the post office once a week. Here is another scenario to consider, having a book box arrive means needing to arrange transportation. Some people can walk to a post office if it is just a letter they're picking up, no way to know until you open the PO Box. Once I know a box is "ready to go" I calculate approximately how long it should take to get from A to B and plan accordingly.

I've had "life" happen on more occasions than I'd like, we all do. When it has, I've dropped a PM to the next in line, the box owner, etc letting them know whats going on. I know my actions effect others.

My concerns were because the box hadn't arrived two weeks after I had last heard it was shipping out and I hadn't heard from Ladybug74 that we were having PM issues, so I reached out to OphEliaGirl. I apologize if this offended you Ladybug74.

I left updates here about not receiving the box in response to OphEliaGirl inquiring about the location of her box. I didn't want her to think that it had arrived and "life" happened on my end, that I hadn't gotten around to responding or journaling. I can see how this may have been misconstrued as being uppity. Again, apologies if this is what was assumed.

Bottom line is the box is here and safe. I am PMing the next in line (eponine38) for their address. If I get it before the post office closes tomorrow I will have it back out tomorrow.

Thanks for hosting OphEliaGirl.
Profile Image
And I have replied to OphEliaGirl. She has contacted me by PM about this. If the box does not show up, I will replace it. I have always mailed out things that I am supposed to mail out and plan to make good on it if it's lost.

TaleofGenji, you did not receive messages from me because I was initially given the wrong user name for you and there is actually a member with the name that was given to me. That person did not reply. You have not tried to contact me by PM other than the 1 message to send your address.
Profile Image
Delivery confirmation #03111660000055673477

[Sorry I forgot to post here when I received it :-(]

Enjoy!
Profile Image
I'll PM the next in line and get this out as soon as I can! :)
Profile Image
Sent yesterday!
Profile Image
Can I get a general idea from those of you who have sent this box already what the postage is? Thanks!
Profile Image
I can't remember exactly but I think when I fisrt sent it out it cost me around $8.00 Media Mail. Of course books have been added along the way so I can't rally say how much it might be now. Hope that helps at least a little.
Profile Image
Yep, thanks. :)
Profile Image
I took Bee Season and Frame Work and replaced them with My Lobotomy and Snapshots. Box is on its way to LaveggioCoffee.

Thanks!
Profile Image
I took Bee Season and Frame Work and replaced them with My Lobotomy and Snapshots. Box is on its way to LaveggioCoffee.

Thanks!

Um.... Are you sure this was posted to the correct forun thread? Because I don't habve anyone by the name of LaveggioCoffee on my list, and mrsjones, though you are signed up for this box, you are at the end of the list.... as far as I know WaterMixine has this box now.
Profile Image
I did not sign up for this box, but I believe this is US/Canada Book Box by mgarriock. I was on the list after Mrs. Jones. Hope this clears up the confusion.
Profile Image
I picked it up from Waternixie on Sunday. And I did write on a thread, somewhere, I thought it was this thread but I guess not!
So I decided to take 2 books:
A Hole in the World by Richard Rhodes
The Shipping News by Annie Proulx

and put 2 in:
The Emperor's Children by Claire Messud
Playing for Pizza by John Grisham

I will be mailing the box out today.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.