corner corner Teen Bookbox (US only)

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Teen Bookbox (US only)

To all who signed up: The box was put in the mail TODAY and is now headed off to k00kaburra in California. It is going in a priority mail box, so I would imagine it will be at her door in San Jose VERY quickly, as I mailed it from California.
Safe travels little box!

The box includes:
Howl's Moving Castle - Diana Wynne Jones
The Westing Game - Elen Raskin
Time Enough for Drums - Ann Rinaldi
Little Women - Luisa Alcott
Invincible Louisa (a biography of Louisa Alcott) - Cornelia Megis
Vampire Diaries Book 1 (The Awakening) - L.J. Smith
New Moon - Stephenie Meyer
The House of the Scorpion - Nancy Farmer
Della Says OMG! - Kerin Stainton
Nothing but the Truth - Avi
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass - Louis Carrol
Beauty - Robin McKinley
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Anne Brashears

Signups for the box are technically closed, but if you ask VERY nicely I may still include a couple people if you are willing to be at the bottom of the list. PM me with your location if you want to be included last minute!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
To all who signed up: The box was put in the mail TODAY and is now headed off to k00kaburra in California. It is going in a priority mail box, so I would imagine it will be at her door in San Jose VERY quickly, as I mailed it from California.
Safe travels little box!

The box includes:
Howl's Moving Castle - Diana Wynne Jones
The Westing Game - Elen Raskin
Time Enough for Drums - Ann Rinaldi
Little Women - Luisa Alcott
Invincible Louisa (a biography of Louisa Alcott) - Cornelia Megis
Vampire Diaries Book 1 (The Awakening) - L.J. Smith
New Moon - Stephenie Meyer
The House of the Scorpion - Nancy Farmer
Della Says OMG! - Kerin Stainton
Nothing but the Truth - Avi
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass - Louis Carrol
Beauty - Robin McKinley
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Anne Brashears

Signups for the box are technically closed, but if you ask VERY nicely I may still include a couple people if you are willing to be at the bottom of the list. PM me with your location if you want to be included last minute!
Profile Image

Definetly

I would love to be a part of this :)
Profile Image
I would love to be a part of this :)

Can you give me your location please? I am hoping to get at least 12 books in there, maybe a couple more. I just started "House of the Scorpion" so that one will likely be added when I am done.
Profile Image
Kansas
Profile Image
PMing now :)
Profile Image
Sounds like fun!
Profile Image
I'd like to play. I'm in Hawaii, and media mail usually takes about 3 weeks either way, so if you want to put me near the end that's ok.
Profile Image

Count me in!

This will be my first bookbox. Exciting! I'm in New Orleans, LA.
Profile Image
LOL! Thanks for signing up! Once you start doing book boxes, it's easy to get addicted.
Profile Image
Im also in KS. Maybe you could put us two Kansans close together on the list to cut down on time :)
Profile Image
Hi! I'd like to join. I'm in NY. FYI, I loved "House of the Scorpion"!
Profile Image
Added ksloan23 and woodlandscribe to the list. Wondering what to read next that I can add to the box.... Take a peek at my TBR's and let me know if any of you see anything you'd especially like me to include.
Profile Image

RE: Great!

The Dark Frigate sounds interesting. Good ol' fashioned story of the sea.
Profile Image
You have some great titles on your list. I've enjoyed "Hatchet", "Over Sea, Under Stone" and "Homecoming" a lot. "House of Dies Drear" is a book that I've been meaning to read but haven't gotten to.
Happy reading!
Profile Image
May I suggest:

Amos Fortune, Free Man (Newbery winner I haven't read yet - but if someone else takes it before the box gets to me, that's just fine)
The Goose Girl (just read this and it was a fun read)
Inkheart (because it's wonderful)
The House of Dies Drear (never read this one but it sounds interesting)
Profile Image
I was thinking Inkheart would ne next but I hate to start a series not having the complete series in hand..... Maybe I'll shove a bunch of stuff in a bag and just pull one out :)
Profile Image

Inkheart

I totally understand you about the series thing - I'm the same way, which is why certain long-running sets are driving me nuts..

I read Inkheart without knowing it was the first book in a trilogy, and I enjoyed it a lot. I think it can stand by itself, which is sometimes the case for the first book in a series.

Usually the middle books are the worst for that, which is one of the reasons why I have a copy of #2 (Inkspell) that I haven't read yet. I don't have a copy of book #3 (Inkdeath) yet, and I don't want to be left hanging.
Profile Image
Since I just finished House of the Scorpion, that the next book I will read to include in this box will be Homecoming by Cynthia Voight. It might take me a bit though, since I have to read a bunch of YA books for work. I love having a job where reading is a requirement :)
Profile Image
Hm. I have Dicey's Song on my TBR stack. Maybe I'll get it read in time for the box. :)
Profile Image
I have two teen/y.a. books that I'd love to circulate and would be happy to mail them to news-hound to add to the box. "Della Says: OMG!" (Keris Stainton) and "Hoot" (Carl Hiaasen). Let me know if there's interest in one or both!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8025878
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8358957
Profile Image
I have two teen/y.a. books that I'd love to circulate and would be happy to mail them to news-hound to add to the box. "Della Says: OMG!" (Keris Stainton) and "Hoot" (Carl Hiaasen). Let me know if there's interest in one or both!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8025878
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8358957

Thanks! I would love to have them if you'd like to RABCK them, i will PM you my addy.
Profile Image
Great! I'll mail them in the next couple of days.
Profile Image
Great! I'll mail them in the next couple of days.

Just picked them up from the post office today and will squeeze in some time to get these read! Thanks! Bookbox is still open for signups, will likely have it coplete by the end of the month if all goes well and then it can be on its way.
Profile Image

Me!

I logged on here specifically to see if there was a YA bookbox being circulated. And, look, you've got one. Squee! I'd definitely like to be added, please :-)
Profile Image
I logged on here specifically to see if there was a YA bookbox being circulated. And, look, you've got one. Squee! I'd definitely like to be added, please :-)

Haha! Sure thing! I will add you, just please be aware I'm still working on reading the books to go in the box, so it may still be a couple months before it floats out.
Profile Image
This box is still open, though it will likely begin moving within the next week or so since I am capping it at 12 books and it now contains 11. Anyone who wants to add still can.
Profile Image
The box was put in the mail to k00kaburra today, going from Winterhaven, California to San Jose, California via priority mail (since it all fit into one of the medium one-price boxes :)
Profile Image

RE: Moving

Any update on the status of this box? Is there a list of the mailing order somewhere so I can plan? :)
Profile Image
Yes, there is a list on my profile, first scrollable box. It is currently in Kansas with ksloan23 who logged it about a week ago and has said they are only taking one book. They should have contacted the next receiver copchick905 by now (ksloan23, have you done this yet?). hyphen8, you will be the last to receive before the book returns to me. Hope this helps!
Profile Image

Thanks!

That's what I wanted to know. :)
Profile Image

shipped

:)
Profile Image

Update

Sent my address to woodlandscribe on 3/26 but haven't heard anything since then.

Send a PM today to see if the box has been mailed yet: media mail doesn't usually take much longer than a month.
Profile Image
I'll also try PMing Woodlandscribe to see what the deal is.... she last PMed me in March and said she was sending out the box... hopefully it's not lost in the middle of the ocean or something.
Profile Image
Has anyone had any recent updates for Woodlandscribe? I put out an ISO a while ago and was told all her PMs were going to spam, but that she had fixed the issue... there has been no activity on her profile in a month and last I heard she was supposed to send Hyphen8 this box three weeks ago... anyone know if she is ok?
Profile Image

Lost.

Ok all - I am officially considering this box lost after numerous attempts to contact woodlandscribe have been unsuccessful. I will be putting a second box together for those who have expressed interest in a round 2. I will pe posting in a new thread. Sorry guys, and thanks for your patience.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.