corner corner Intl bookring for The Good Soldier Svjek by Jaroslav Hasek - 1001 book

Forum | << Bookrings, Bookrays, and Bookboxes | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Intl bookring for The Good Soldier Svjek by Jaroslav Hasek - 1001 book

From the back:

"Because humour, real humour, knows no national boundaries, this satire on army life, about the military career of a fat little dog fancier from Prague, is one of those rare books which, while belonging to literature, abounds in the qualities which can be appreciated by the widest possible range of readers. Svjek's adventures - as a malingerer, in the detention barracks, as a drunken chaplain's orderly, as batman to an over-amorous lieutenant, making off with the colonel's dog, and getting important messages all mixed up - have won him the lasting enthusiasm of readers everywhere."

If you'd like to join, please post here with your location and posting preferences. Thank you!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
From the back:

"Because humour, real humour, knows no national boundaries, this satire on army life, about the military career of a fat little dog fancier from Prague, is one of those rare books which, while belonging to literature, abounds in the qualities which can be appreciated by the widest possible range of readers. Svjek's adventures - as a malingerer, in the detention barracks, as a drunken chaplain's orderly, as batman to an over-amorous lieutenant, making off with the colonel's dog, and getting important messages all mixed up - have won him the lasting enthusiasm of readers everywhere."

If you'd like to join, please post here with your location and posting preferences. Thank you!
Profile Image
I live in the Netherlands and prefer to ship within the EU
Profile Image
Near the end if possible please :) Thank you!
Profile Image
Looks like you have all EU at the moment.
Profile Image

-

Profile Image
Hi Lucy, I'm in Thailand and willing to post internationally. Thank you!
Profile Image
Profile Image
This one sounds like fun.

EU posting preferred please.
Profile Image
I'm in the UK and would rather post within the UK, but don't mind the EU if necessary. Thank you for organising!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.