corner corner DisneyWorld

Forum | << Release Techniques | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

DisneyWorld

Has anyone ever released a book in DisneyWorld? I’m afraid that the cast members will clean it up (throw it in the trash). Let me know your thoughts.

Also I’ve released 19 books in the wild, but none have been journaled yet. I’ve placed the books in Little free libraries, a church, at a nursing home in the lobby, a dressing room, and a two different ones on a bench in my condo complex. Any ideas of what else can be done?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Has anyone ever released a book in DisneyWorld? I’m afraid that the cast members will clean it up (throw it in the trash). Let me know your thoughts.

Also I’ve released 19 books in the wild, but none have been journaled yet. I’ve placed the books in Little free libraries, a church, at a nursing home in the lobby, a dressing room, and a two different ones on a bench in my condo complex. Any ideas of what else can be done?
Profile Image
I never released at Disney World but there is a same sort of theme park here in the Netherlands, only smaller :-) and some bookcrossers have released books there and even got a JE.
You have a good imagination as where to wild release your books but you have to be very patient about a response.
It will happen and when it does it feels great but you never know when.
I release also in bus shelters and on park benches.
Good luck just keep it up :-)
Profile Image
I’m afraid that the cast members will clean it up (throw it in the trash).

I think you're right. Places like that are probably very aggressively cleaned.

I find that I get VERY few journal entries in
- litle free libraries and other book exchanges
- nursing homes
The more surprised people will be about finding a book, the better your chances of getting a journal entry. Good luck!
Profile Image
That can make a difference. I use four labels. Cover, spine (very important in case the book ends up on a book shelf), inside cover & last page of story (inside). The cover label and the inside label at the end of the story both have http://www.bookcrossing.com & the BCID number. The spine label is the little running yellow BC book.
Profile Image
That can make a difference. I use four labels. Cover, spine (very important in case the book ends up on a book shelf), inside cover & last page of story (inside). The cover label and the inside label at the end of the story both have http://www.bookcrossing.com & the BCID number. The spine label is the little running yellow BC book.

Me too. I put clear packing tape over the Tiny Labels from the Supply Store that I put on the spines as they tend to pop off. On the front cover I use either the Officially Official sticker or one of the Slim stickers from the supply store, or if that won't fit without covering up the title or author, etc, one of the Free Book or Take Me Home type stickers that others have designed and posted on the site that I print off at home. I've got several different sizes and styles printed so I can use what fits best. Inside the front cover I either print off BCID labels here on the site or use a bookplate from the Supply Store. Actually, come to think of it, I put clear packing tape over all the labels, stickers, or bookplates to protect them.

Still, I only hear back from a small percentage of the books I release. Some right away, others weeks, months or even years later. But a catch is worth waiting for. Patience is something BookCrossers have to develop if they don't want to get ulcers worrying about the books they've released.

And you can feel good that often a book is picked up, read and loved, even if the person didn't make a journal entry. Maybe they still will in the future.
Profile Image
I recommend against releasing at DisneyWorld for the exact reason you cited: the cast is fastidious about cleaning. It's doubtful anyone would get a chance to pick it up before it was whisked away.

As for journal entries in general, I've never gotten a single JE from Little Free Libraries, though I release to them frequently since I know it's a safe space where the book is in no danger of being tossed or rained on. I've gotten my best catch rate at gas stations, actually, where I've left the book on top of the pump.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.