corner corner What are good release spots for leaflet-like books?

Forum | << Release Techniques | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

What are good release spots for leaflet-like books?

I have some very thin children's paperbacks, and I don't know where to release them. I fear they will get thrown away.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have some very thin children's paperbacks, and I don't know where to release them. I fear they will get thrown away.
Profile Image
If they're actual leaflets they shouldn't be registered at all, but there's nothing wrong with registering those very slim softcover children's books. I'd leave them in the same places I leave anything else - playgrounds are a good option, waiting rooms at places where someone might bring children (dentists, pediatricians, hair salons...) or even where they wouldn't (the grownups might like to take the books home for their kids), and of course OBCZs, Little Free Libraries, or other book-swap shelves. If they're really lightweight I wouldn't leave them outside on a windy day unless I could put a rock on top - or could hang them from a tree in a plastic bag - but otherwise I wouldn't see any limits. Heck, it's the books with extreme adult matter that cause more "where can I release this" headaches!
Profile Image
very thin children's paperbacks

I leave them at the local pancake house. Parents read them to their children while they are waiting to be served.
Profile Image
In addition to the places already mentioned by Gory and Camperfan, I'd add hospitals, food pantries, laundromats. I wouldn't leave them outside myself.
Profile Image
I often put slim leaflet sized books in leaflet dispensers.
Profile Image
I often put slim leaflet sized books in leaflet dispensers.

Thst's a good idea!
Profile Image
My local supermarket used to have child-sized shopping carts, and another had those carts with a sort of "car" on the front where the kids would sit. I would always have a book or two to leave in one of those places.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.