corner corner My first book release!

Forum | << Release Techniques | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

My first book release!

Good news! I will probably go release a book or 2 this weekend! I will tell you how it goes! :)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Good news! I will probably go release a book or 2 this weekend! I will tell you how it goes! :)
Profile Image
Go for it!
You first have to register them though :-)
Your first release is very exciting.
Good luck and fingers crossed for an JE.
But most of all : Enjoy.
Profile Image
Thanks! :)
Profile Image
I didn't have a chance to release a book. My weekend was packed. I barely had time to think! I went to a restaurant, but I felt that whatever book I released there wouldn't get JEd. Maybe next weekend!
Profile Image
Gee, that's a whole lot of foreplay and not a lot of whoopee ;-)
Aren't you making this into too much of a Thing? You've been talking about this for weeks.
Just go and leave a book on the nearest bus stop or park bench, to get it over with. You'll see, the next one is a lot easier.
Profile Image
I didn't have a chance to release a book

Sound like 'cold feet' to me.
We've all been there. Once I heard a Bookcrosser describe the feeling as "reversed stealing".
Come on. Take a book , leave it some where and walk on.
Once the first one is done you get the hang of it.
Don't 'think', just do it.
Good luck.
Profile Image
Once I heard a Bookcrosser describe the feeling as "reversed stealing".

LOL! I remember I used to look all around me, not so surreptitiously, rather like a Hitchcock heroine, before releasing books!
Profile Image
Have you looked to see where other people are releasing? It's less of a big deal if you release where someone else has released before!
Profile Image
Congrats! Good title, too - you may need to be "three times lucky" to get a catch right away, though you never know!
Profile Image
That's great. The first one is the hardest, now you can keep on going.
Profile Image
Hip , hip hooray, you did it. Good for you. Now you are a real Bookcrosser :-)
I just got back from our first camper trip this year, so I'm a bit late but I am so pleased for you that you did it. Fingers crossed for a catch, but don't wait for it. The more you releases the more change to get an JE. Good luck.
Profile Image
I just got back from our first camper trip this year

An off topic question. Do you need to book where you will camp, because of the high population, or can you just turn up and camp? I imagine there is no free camping where you are, as we have in Australia. There are free camping areas here; plus in less populated areas many people just find their own place to place their caravan. I saw a lot of this last year when I drove north to Darwin. I slept in my car, but not having a caravan with toilet and shower, I stayed in paid camping places where I could get a shower and flush toilets (fussy here; minimal standards are toilets that flush if possible), rather than free camped. Many camping grounds in the north were VERY cheap, so I took the paid camping (with better facilities) over free camping, but where camping is more expensive I will consider free camping. If I left my accommodation early, I would pass many caravans, camper-vans, cars and the occasional tent in off-road picnic areas, down side roads, by rivers, etc. We have a HUGE, what is called, grey nomad population. These are retired people who travel around Australia in their caravans and camper-vans, some of them for years. Someone told me they had been on the road for seven years, and this is not uncommon. Some still have a house (maybe rented out now), but others sell up and their caravan is their only home. In winter these 'grey nomads' tend to head north and south in summer. Someone described the Stuart Highway (the road that runs north-south through the centre of Australia as a caravan conveyor belt. After driving to Darwin, I would add the east-west main highway too to that description. So, what is it like caravanning in crowded Europe?
Profile Image

An off topic question. Do you need to book where you will camp, because of the high population, or can you just turn up and camp?

Perhaps better addressed as a private message?
Profile Image

An off topic question. Do you need to book where you will camp, because of the high population, or can you just turn up and camp?

Perhaps better addressed as a private message?

Why? If someone else asked this question, I would be interested, and I can't imagine that some others wouldn't be too. But even if I am alone here, why not ask it here? A lot more boring questions have been asked in these forums. Although this topic would have been better in Chit Chat (which is what that is for), but the chance to ask it came up here.

Thank you Camperfan for the PM with the answer. Very interesting and it's a shame you didn't think you could reply here.
Profile Image
Why? If someone else asked this question, I would be interested, and I can't imagine that some others wouldn't be too. But even if I am alone here, why not ask it here? A lot more boring questions have been asked in these forums. Although this topic would have been better in Chit Chat (which is what that is for), but the chance to ask it came up here.

My idea, but then I'm a camperfan :-)
Thank you Camperfan for the PM with the answer. Very interesting and it's a shame you didn't think you could reply here.

You're welcome.
Profile Image
it's a shame you didn't think you could reply here.

Why not start a camping and camper travel thread in Chit chat?
Profile Image
Why not start a camping and camper travel thread in Chit chat?

:-)
Profile Image
Thread started on Chit Chat and waiting for your contribution :)
Profile Image
Giving it thought :)
Profile Image
So, what is it like caravanning in crowded Europe?

You have a PM :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.