corner corner I got my first catch!

Forum | << Release Techniques | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

I got my first catch!

I'm so happy! I just joined bookcrossing a few weeks ago because I am a huge reader, but I've acquired far too many books. I released one today as I paid an installment on my coursework, and as I released, I had a moment of regret. I left two books on an outside bench, and I thought they would either get rained on or the custodial staff might throw them out. I wanted to go back and place them elsewhere, but I had already swiped myself back on the subway.

I came home and scrolled through my bookshelf to see if I needed to update anything, only to see that today turned out to be my first catch!: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14024041

I did notice, however, that I didn't receive an email about the journal. Does that only happen at certain times?

Anyway, I'm thrilled. I hope the finder gets enjoyment out of the book that I could not.

So happy, so happy!! :) :) :)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I'm so happy! I just joined bookcrossing a few weeks ago because I am a huge reader, but I've acquired far too many books. I released one today as I paid an installment on my coursework, and as I released, I had a moment of regret. I left two books on an outside bench, and I thought they would either get rained on or the custodial staff might throw them out. I wanted to go back and place them elsewhere, but I had already swiped myself back on the subway.

I came home and scrolled through my bookshelf to see if I needed to update anything, only to see that today turned out to be my first catch!: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14024041/

I did notice, however, that I didn't receive an email about the journal. Does that only happen at certain times?

Anyway, I'm thrilled. I hope the finder gets enjoyment out of the book that I could not.

So happy, so happy!! :) :) :)

Profile Image
Congratulations! It's a great feeling to get that first catch!

By default the journal alerts are sent out in daily digests, so you should receive an email for today's catch some time tonight, or within 24 hours at the most. (If you don't get an email, make sure that your spam filters are set to allow email from "bookcrossing" addresses.)

And congrats again on your first catch!
Profile Image
Thanks Gory, I just received my email about it! Here's hoping to more catches in the future!
Profile Image
Any catch is exciting, but the first more so. If you want to share your catches with other BCers, put it in 'Site Watch' near the bottom of 'The Forums' page.
Happy Bookcrossing.
Profile Image
Congratulations on your catch! May you have many more. : )

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.