corner corner I Need some advice for a mass wild release

Forum | << Release Techniques | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

I Need some advice for a mass wild release

So I'm planning on doing a mass wild release spanning out over a week mainly in my local town/ city. I have plenty of release bags at the moment. But I some times don't have much luck with people picking them up and journaling them.

So I would like some advice from you guys about doing a mass wild release and all that jazz. Like where people have had good luck in catch rates ECT ECT

Complete Thread

Profile Image
So I'm planning on doing a mass wild release spanning out over a week mainly in my local town/ city. I have plenty of release bags at the moment. But I some times don't have much luck with people picking them up and journaling them.

So I would like some advice from you guys about doing a mass wild release and all that jazz. Like where people have had good luck in catch rates ECT ECT
Profile Image
Treeleases! Books that are hanging get more catches than books that are lying or standing.
Profile Image
Treeleases! Books that are hanging get more catches than books that are lying or standing.

How do you hang them? Do you need permission from someone to do that?
Profile Image
How do you hang them? Do you need permission from someone to do that?

I usually use either a bent paperclip (it's easy to stick through the release bag right underneath the closing strip, where the bag is at its strongest) or a coloured ribbon for that festive touch.
I've also had some luck by getting the book to sit in a forked branch.

I don't ask for permission. But I don't use trees that are in someone's garden, just trees on public ground, such as parks.
Profile Image
It looked lovely beside the stream in the picturesque town. I used string to hang my book. I made a hole in the plastic bag and fed the string through that and then tied the bag with book to the tree...near everyone else's books.
Here is my release, with release photograph.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13039341/

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.