corner corner Themed releases

Forum | << Release Techniques | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Themed releases

does it ever puzzle you that books that are obviously a themed release do not get journalled?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
does it ever puzzle you that books that are obviously a themed release do not get journalled?
Profile Image

Yes

Even more so than why all the rest of them don't get journaled.
Profile Image

Themed releases

Don't necessarily get a respons, but for sure can trigger the better ones :-). I think a nice explanation of what a book is doing on a location can trigger nice responses and maybe persuade a person to respond in the first place.
Once I put a random book under a lion statue I stated the lion was guarding the book. I got a response it didn't come to a confrontation with the guard and the book was taken and safe.

I think trying to get a respons on as many levels as possible (Book, content, cover, location, theme (obvious for the non-bookcrosser finding it), QR codes) will enlarge the possibility of triggering a respons.
Even then, some people just will not even look on the website. I can't blame them. At least I enjoyed releasing the book.
Profile Image
I like themed releases and sometimes buy my books according to where I can release it
Profile Image
Our butcher had a display table out side his store all through December. I could not help myself and put a book on it " yummy cooking in december ". It has been there ever since.
I guess people think its part of the display. :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.