If I had one of these, I would be checking it every day to see if someone visited, and if they left books, I would be registering them. Oh well.
Have you tried this and gotten any JE's?
I have my own LFL and do check it every day. I am on a relatively quiet street so I get fewer passersby than other LFLs in my city. My big problem is that people tend to leave more books than they take!
I waited a while after starting my LFL before making it into an OBCZ. I love that it is an OBCZ now. I not only release my own BC-registered books, but I also register any books that are donated to my LFL. I find it fun to track the books' travels even if I get very few journal entries. I won't stop trying to encourage others to join BookCrossing and make journal entries.
Just this week I had "the most perfect ever* LFL patron visit my LFL. This visitor...
1. stopped by my LFL and took some books
2. signed the guest book in my LFL
3. logged onto my LFL's Facebook page and left a thank you note and some comments
4. returned another day to my LFL to drop off few new hardcover books and a lovely bookmark
5. joined BookCrossing as a new member
6. made a journal BookCrossing entry on both books that she took
She's more than welcome to return any time!
By the way, when I get good BC journal entries, I post that info to my LFL's Facebook page in an effort to encourage others to also do journal entries. I think that helps somewhat. https://www.facebook.com/LittleFreeLibrary7720Twinbrook