corner corner Would you donate a children's book to a public broadcasting event's book giveaway in Richmond, VA? OVER 2700 collected so far!

Forum | << Educators, Librarians and Parents | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Would you donate a children's book to a public broadcasting event's book giveaway in Richmond, VA? OVER 2700 collected so far!

Hello, everyone -

WCVE/The Community Idea stations will host the second "Explore the Outdoors" event in spring of 2014. This family-friendly outdoor event encourages children and their families to get outdoors, interact with and explore nature, learn about the environment and test their physical skills with tree-climbing, archery and games. Here is a link to the April 2013 event:

http://ideastations.org/---/2500-folks-explored-outdoors-at-community-idea-stations-2013-06-27#comments

My role in next year's event includes giving an age-appropriate book in to every child who attends the event. I have a goal of collecting 3000 new and very gently used recent children's book by early April 2014 and have received about 2700 books from coworkers, Bookcrossers, independent bookstores and donations from library book sales.

I am particularly seeking books about the outdoors, animals, weather, conservation, the natural environment, etc., but all subject matters for all ages, pre-readers to Young Adult, will be greatly appreciated.

If you think you can help, please PM me and I will send you my mailing information. If you are in the Central Virginia area, you can drop books off at the station.

Please forward this message to anyone who might contribute to this effort.

Thank you!

Bookish-Angel

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello, everyone -

WCVE/The Community Idea stations will host the second "Explore the Outdoors" event in spring of 2014. This family-friendly outdoor event encourages children and their families to get outdoors, interact with and explore nature, learn about the environment and test their physical skills with tree-climbing, archery and games. Here is a link to the April 2013 event:

http://ideastations.org/---/2500-folks-explored-outdoors-at-community-idea-stations-2013-06-27#comments

My role in next year's event includes giving an age-appropriate book in to every child who attends the event. I have a goal of collecting 3000 new and very gently used recent children's book by early April 2014 and have received about 2700 books from coworkers, Bookcrossers, independent bookstores and donations from library book sales.

I am particularly seeking books about the outdoors, animals, weather, conservation, the natural environment, etc., but all subject matters for all ages, pre-readers to Young Adult, will be greatly appreciated.

If you think you can help, please PM me and I will send you my mailing information. If you are in the Central Virginia area, you can drop books off at the station.

Please forward this message to anyone who might contribute to this effort.

Thank you!

Bookish-Angel
Profile Image
I have been givenabout 500 new books from WCVE's Ready to Learn Coordinator! They are free perks from Scholastic because we order and give away so many books to at-risk children in our listening areas' communities.

I will post a new official count within the next few weeks.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.