corner corner Home Education/Schooling

Forum | << Educators, Librarians and Parents | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Home Education/Schooling

Are there any other Bookcrossers that Home educate their children and use Bookcrossing as part of it?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Are there any other Bookcrossers that Home educate their children and use Bookcrossing as part of it?
Profile Image
Hi, we're a newish homeschool group in Massachusetts, and we are interested in doing a bookcrossing project with our kiddos. We have about 10 kids in our group between the ages of 5 and 13.

I'm trying to figure out what would be the most fun and exciting way to integrate bookcrossing into our activities so that it grabs the kids' attention!
Profile Image
I am part of a homeschooling group in New York. http://nllchs.org/ I haven't done a lot with BC in my group, but I've had some ideas.

Do you have a space you meet in? We have a rented suite of rooms and host an OBCZ there. If you don't, maybe you could organize bookswaps monthly or every other month, and let your members know that registering their books will let them see where their books might go.

You could plan group release walks, where everyone brings a few registered books and wild releases them on a stroll around town or at a park. This would be a good activity for a wide age range. Then you can see which ones get journaled. If you have a local map of where you released, you could use pushpins to track where books are picked up, and maybe have the kids help keep data about what kinds of books are picked up. If you get lucky, and your books begin to travel out of the area, maybe you could upgrade to a country or world map. It could be a cool way to learn a little about geography and statistics.
Profile Image
Hi. I home educate my 5-year-old daughter, and have just rejoined Book Crossing as I've not really been involved now for 10 years. I'd forgotten all about it until I saw a load of BC books at an anti-animal-cruelty fayre we were at today. My daughter got a load of Mr Men books and is now very interested in BC (she, like me, loves books).
Profile Image
I'm homeschooling DD. We are now using beestar, but I don't think the worksheets are enough(2 per weekly per subject), so I'm going to put Bookcrossing as part of my curriculum:)
Profile Image

:)

I have many children's books if anyone is interested pm me. I am willing to send them .
Profile Image

Hi

I've been out of BXing for a while, but am now back and looking to get my girls involved with me. I am currently planning a bookcrossing class, possibly a club in our local homeschool co-op.
Profile Image
Don't know how I missed this so long ago but it's great to see all these other homeschoolers on BC!
Profile Image
I am new here please guide me..
Profile Image
I am new here please guide me..

Hi, and welcome! Check out the "information" tab, especially the "How to BookCross" section and the FAQs. If you still have questions, feel free to post in the Newbies forum - though you may want to browse the recent threads to see if someone else has already posted your question and received an answer. Hope you enjoy BookCrossing!
Profile Image
I'm homeschooling two sons in the UK.

I think we'll do something BookCrossing-y in November with other homeschool folk.

Hello everyone!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.