corner corner Book exchanges in schools

Forum | << Educators, Librarians and Parents | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Book exchanges in schools

I look after a school library in a school that has a combination of day pupils and boarders. In September as an experiment I am launching book exchange sections in our main library and the boarding houses. This will make better use of duplicate and slightly worn books from the library and those donated by to us by parents, governors and pupils. These private exchanges will integrate with those in our local villages (now 6) that I have been busy setting up this summer. I've had a book exchange in the staff room for a few years and this works brilliantly, so I'm optimistic that this bigger plan will be successful. Once books have been around the circuit once or twice, they can be released further afield.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I look after a school library in a school that has a combination of day pupils and boarders. In September as an experiment I am launching book exchange sections in our main library and the boarding houses. This will make better use of duplicate and slightly worn books from the library and those donated by to us by parents, governors and pupils. These private exchanges will integrate with those in our local villages (now 6) that I have been busy setting up this summer. I've had a book exchange in the staff room for a few years and this works brilliantly, so I'm optimistic that this bigger plan will be successful. Once books have been around the circuit once or twice, they can be released further afield.
Profile Image
I am actually starting a program here in the States for my kids school. We should connect and see how each other does.
Profile Image
idea to increase motivation for anything,actually. My idea was a mini-book crossing in the school ,with a batch of donated books and the librarians' help (since I'm technolgy defiecient). Has anyone done something like this. How did it work? What were the pitfalls ect?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.