corner corner Children's books on endangered species?

Forum | << Educators, Librarians and Parents | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Children's books on endangered species?

Hey teachers,

My mom is a 3rd grade teacher and every year, her students do a unit on endangered species, where they each must pick an animal and write a report on it. Normally, the project goes pretty well, but the world is changing and we just can't seem to find any books that are 1) up-to-date, 2) at a 3rd grade reading level, and 3) not picture books or fictional. There is one series by Crabtree Publishing that is good, but the books are hardback and extremely expensive. Does anyone know of a good, easy-to-find, factual, and up-to-date series on endangered animals? Please respond here or PM me if so!

Thanks,

Jacob

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hey teachers,

My mom is a 3rd grade teacher and every year, her students do a unit on endangered species, where they each must pick an animal and write a report on it. Normally, the project goes pretty well, but the world is changing and we just can't seem to find any books that are 1) up-to-date, 2) at a 3rd grade reading level, and 3) not picture books or fictional. There is one series by Crabtree Publishing that is good, but the books are hardback and extremely expensive. Does anyone know of a good, easy-to-find, factual, and up-to-date series on endangered animals? Please respond here or PM me if so!

Thanks,

Jacob
Profile Image
we should have to take some steps to save the habitual place to save our endangered animals . the are the gift of our nature
Profile Image
Magic. Spam gone!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.