corner corner How to do bookcrossing in schools

Forum | << Educators, Librarians and Parents | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How to do bookcrossing in schools

My thought on the matter is that you could have a schoolcrossing zone...and possibly even have some neat little logo like the schoolcrossing logo, but people holding books...or books doing the same as the people do in the normal schoolcrossing logo...

Anyway, this could be a separate zone. I think it would be cool if individuals could sign up, but maybe it could be organized so that Teachers could sign up as a main account, with students signed up under them. And maybe teachers could choose whether they got all emails or whether students did (as many students dont get email accounts from school)

Then, within many schools there could be crossing zones that students in the school could use, but i KNOW that teachers would network and mail or pass books between schools also...or arrange for students to do this...Some teachers (especially lower elementary) probably would sign up with a classroom and do it with read aloud books, as well) I dont think there should be extra questions...too much like homework....I think students...at teachers' urgings would probably write more about book than many others do anyhow

So...those are my thoughts for now...Hope they help!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
My thought on the matter is that you could have a schoolcrossing zone...and possibly even have some neat little logo like the schoolcrossing logo, but people holding books...or books doing the same as the people do in the normal schoolcrossing logo...

Anyway, this could be a separate zone. I think it would be cool if individuals could sign up, but maybe it could be organized so that Teachers could sign up as a main account, with students signed up under them. And maybe teachers could choose whether they got all emails or whether students did (as many students dont get email accounts from school)

Then, within many schools there could be crossing zones that students in the school could use, but i KNOW that teachers would network and mail or pass books between schools also...or arrange for students to do this...Some teachers (especially lower elementary) probably would sign up with a classroom and do it with read aloud books, as well) I dont think there should be extra questions...too much like homework....I think students...at teachers' urgings would probably write more about book than many others do anyhow

So...those are my thoughts for now...Hope they help!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.