corner corner Looking back on old books

Forum | << Site Watch | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Looking back on old books

I'm one of those BCers who likes to have cover pictures for all their registered books. I'm currently going back over my older books and re-uploading covers for books who seem to have mysteriously lost them.

I've just come across a book that I released 10 years ago and found that it had been caught by the perfect person.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/5240851

The baby mentioned would now be 11 years old. I wonder how he (and his mother) are going now?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I'm one of those BCers who likes to have cover pictures for all their registered books. I'm currently going back over my older books and re-uploading covers for books who seem to have mysteriously lost them.

I've just come across a book that I released 10 years ago and found that it had been caught by the perfect person.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/5240851

The baby mentioned would now be 11 years old. I wonder how he (and his mother) are going now?
Profile Image
You and the book were in the right place at the right time clearly.
Profile Image
and if I could make a suggestion-if you tried sending the finder a personal message they might just receive it and answer you. Their page is set up so they are happy to receive pms so you could be lucky if you make an enquiry and they still have same email address. I would say it's worth a try.
Profile Image
and if I could make a suggestion-if you tried sending the finder a personal message they might just receive it and answer you. Their page is set up so they are happy to receive pms so you could be lucky if you make an enquiry and they still have same email address. I would say it's worth a try.

I did consider it for a brief moment. But then reconsidered. Having had no Bookcrossing activity in the 10 years since finding the book, there's a good chance she's forgotten all about the site.

I figured it would be a little too creepy for her to receive a message out of the blue from a stranger asking personal questions about her and her family.
Profile Image
I figured it would be a little too creepy for her to receive a message out of the blue from a stranger asking personal questions about her and her family.

I was thinking the same thing. Pretty personal.
Profile Image
Yes, I get your point awaywithfairies. We regulars here on the site know that most of us are pretty harmless (!) but it may be a little off-putting for someone like the finder to get an enquiry out of the blue.
Profile Image
What an amazing Journal Entry at the time, never mind now.
Profile Image
Wonderful journal entry. I'm glad she found the book and wrote her story down. I wonder if she kept it and still looks at it sometimes, because there's no new release and she writes about it.
Profile Image
So nice to know it helped someone in their life :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.