corner corner Longest and funniest JE by an AF I have ever read!

Forum | << Site Watch | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Longest and funniest JE by an AF I have ever read!

I almost regret not reading this one before giving it to rureading for the Valentine challenge. This JE is an absolute hoot!!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8166275

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I almost regret not reading this one before giving it to rureading for the Valentine challenge. This JE is an absolute hoot!!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8166275/
Profile Image
And AnonymousFinder says she can't write? I beg to disagree.
Profile Image
and wondering why AF thinks they can't write.
Profile Image
You're right, pinklady60, the AF certainly *can* write!
Profile Image
It seems that the finder's journal entry is much more interesting than the book! It was a pleasure to read this!
Profile Image
What a great entry! I hope the finder decides to join BC - we could use more JEs like that one!
Profile Image

I love it

Definatly the best journal entry have ever read
Profile Image
Profile Image
I just loved that JE and thought what fun it would be to meet the AF who was the author of it. She could go far as a writer of reviews or articles for a magazine or newspaper. Or maybe that is her job?
Profile Image

Fabulous!

I wish AF would join, we could all PM her immediately to persuade her to write novels that could be released across the globe. With passages like these:

“Look, honey, I’m tall and dark! Why won’t you sleep with me??” the lumberjack, um, lumbered.

“I was hoping for someone less… plaid.”

I would gladly read her books, even if they were romances. (Of course, back in the day, I lapped up books like these and never noticed that, as she pointed out there isn’t much of a plot to them. Then one day a friend came by and read some pages of one out loud to me -- awful! But hilarious -- and I digress!)

Oh please, Book Crossing gods, send us all, at least once, an AF and a JE as good as this one!
Profile Image
Hopefully she starts a blog!
Profile Image
That was wonderful! Can you (Minerva) put a Journal Entry on there imploring the AF to come to the surface? Surely someone who wrote such a great review will peek back at it to see if there are comments, and maybe she'll join when she sees what a hit she is!
Profile Image
Profile Image
:-)
Profile Image
hope this makes it into the next newsletter.
Profile Image
I was trying so hard not to howl with laughter at my desk! I really really hope this AF joins so we can try to persuade her to come to meetings; i would love to meet someone with such a great sense of humour!
Profile Image
Ya know, I'm a romance reader and I'm not a bit offended! LOL Really we read this stuff for fun and her JE was so much fun I wanted to hoot out loud. I, too, wish she'd start a romance blog. She'd be good at it.
If you want to read really funny romance google blog, two sisters do one about the books of Betty Neels (an older english lady that wrote 164 books about english nurses (or misc. underpaid gals) who married mostly Dutch (or English) doctors. It's just hilarious, but not in a mean way. LOL They are getting a good following. Just look for the Uncrushable Jersey Dress.
Profile Image

Priceless

Both the JE and the AF are keepers!
Profile Image

Wow.

This AF needs to sign up and do more journal entries for us to read! :p
Profile Image
Love it. AF is funny and a good writer.
Profile Image

LMAO!!!!

That was hilarious!!!
Profile Image

Loved it

I now have journal entry envy.
Profile Image
That is truly a JE of beauty. Excuse me while I wipe tears of laughter off my face. Especially the plaid ones.
Profile Image
this JE was better than some plaid books i've read. thanks so much for sharing!
Profile Image

OMG!

That is too wonderful! I hope she doesn't stay Anon and comes out to play with us!
Profile Image
Loved this J.E.!
Profile Image
Oh I truly hope the AF comes back to the site and sees this thread! :D
I'm afraid I'm gonna crack up the next time I see a red and black plaid flannel shirt...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.