corner corner I found one of my own books.

Forum | << Site Watch | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

I found one of my own books.

I like going cross country skiing and today I went out to the woods. Four weeks ago I left a book by the ski track and it been hanging there since. A lot of people are going skiing here, so I don't really understand way it is still there. But one day someone will bring it home. ( I hope). So today I walk past the book again and I look up and I see something ahead of me. It's a book. Hanging from a tree. I come closer and I see it is the same book I left almost at the same place last year. I wonder, did the finder see the other book and found out that she/he should bring back the book they found last year? So now there are two books hanging in the woods 50 meters apart!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/7613432

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I like going cross country skiing and today I went out to the woods. Four weeks ago I left a book by the ski track and it been hanging there since. A lot of people are going skiing here, so I don't really understand way it is still there. But one day someone will bring it home. ( I hope). So today I walk past the book again and I look up and I see something ahead of me. It's a book. Hanging from a tree. I come closer and I see it is the same book I left almost at the same place last year. I wonder, did the finder see the other book and found out that she/he should bring back the book they found last year? So now there are two books hanging in the woods 50 meters apart!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/7613432
Profile Image
A co worker leaves some of my books in the Laser clinic in Ottawa. The secretary ,Tanya, is amazed by how many people take the books and return them some months later in the exact same spot. People get the idea but are not very adventurous when re releasing. Now I want to leave a book hanging in a tree! Maybe in the park in front of my house. I have released in elevators and on a stair way.. but no journal entries.
Profile Image
and get reasonable catches.
Profile Image
I like doing releases in the woods and in trees. I have got some JE this way.

I went skiing again today. Had to see if the books where still there and they where. Well, they will be gone one day! I walked on and later I had to turn and take the same way back. And what do I see? A man standing by the tree. He takes the book down and put it in his pocket. Just when I walk by. After the book been there for nearly a week! What a coincidence. What are the chances for that happening? It made my day. And he walked on with a smile too. Now I just have to wait for a JE.
Profile Image
...to do so after a week! That should offer some hope to would-be book-hunters; while many books may vanish from the original release locations within a few hours, others may still be around!
Profile Image
while many books may vanish from the original release locations within a few hours, others may still be around!

I see lots of my releases still where I put them when I go back weeks or months later. Maybe others have theirs picked up right away, but I don't think mine always are. (Unless people are taking them home and bringing them back, I know I've had that happen before, but I can't imagine it is too frequent.)
Profile Image
If I leave the books in a doctor's waiting room/blood bank or similar, they often do hang around for some time, but if I leave them say, to give an example, on a wall outside by our local lake where lots of people walk by they are picked up very quickly. I had one which was journalled within the hour. I have also left a book at a special event and it was like I took my eyes off the book, looked back and it was gone. The book though was themed to match the event.
I once left a book on a bookshelf in a local cafe/bar and a month later it was still there, so I claimed it and left it beside the lake. It was the book I mentioned above. It was picked up and journelled in an hour. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.
Profile Image
I think (from observation at my favourite BC drop off cafe) that some people in cafes pick up a BC book and have fun reading it while in the cafe then put it back - fearing that, if they take the book with them, they will be seen as "stealing" from the cafe by other patrons who are unaware of BC .
I gather from some journal entries that some people think they HAVE to return a book to where they found it. %-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.