corner corner stealing time

Forum | << Site Watch | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

stealing time

What an interesting way of stating one's age...we have another philosopher in our midst!

http://BoLe.Bookcrossing.com/

Complete Thread

Profile Image

stealing time

What an interesting way of stating one's age...we have another philosopher in our midst!

http://BoLe.Bookcrossing.com/
Profile Image
The philosopher is apparently releasing computer games. Opinions, anyone??
Profile Image
Well, they certainly aren't books!
Profile Image
PC games are definitely a no-no, if you ask me. But he does have some good books registered, too!
Profile Image
As an avid gamer, I think that some games are fine to release because they tend to be much like novels themselves. Many have long narratives that must be read and processed in order to play the game. It is interesting to see that he has just released the very game that I reinstalled and began to play last night (after finishing it about 4 years ago)
Profile Image
Well, there's a category for PC Games, so someone involved in the development of Book Crossing must have thought it was okay, right?
Profile Image
I'm pretty sure the categories came from Amazon.com, as well as the ISBN look-up feature.
Profile Image
Does that mean the game had an ISBN? Hmm...Just checked a CD-ROM game sitting here, and no ISBN on it that I could find.
Profile Image
No. Just books have ISBNs. Since Amazon sells games I think that is why the category is here. I doubt it was a creation or even desire of Bookcrossing to have it. Anyone know what ISBN stands for?
Profile Image
International ? Book Number??? My guess.
Profile Image
I think this is International Standard Book Number.
Profile Image

ISBN

The ISBN (International Standard Book Number) is a unique machine-readable identification number which marks any book unmistakably. The number system has been in use now for over 30 years and has revolutionised the international book-trade. 159 countries and territories are officially ISBN members. The ISBN accompanies a publication from its production onwards.
Profile Image
I've read through the category list on the registration page several times to make sure I'm not missing it, and I don't see a PC Games category listed there. Which leaves me wondering how Ron and others involved in development do feel about it.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.