corner corner 2018 "Spring" Gift Giving (SGG)

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2018 "Spring" Gift Giving (SGG)

ETA: I know all BookCrossers are not headed for Spring like we are in the northern hemisphere. Does anyone have a more 'seasonally-inclusive' name for this? Ha!!

I'd almost forgotten that I promised to run this again this spring. Since I run the Holiday Gift Giving thread from Sept-Dec, it's been assumed that I was the host of SGG as well. Hippolein, the member who actually WAS the past host of SGG has given his blessing for me to revive the SGG event so we'll give it a go again this spring and see if it's something we'd like to continue each year.

This event will run from now through May 2017. HGG will revive in late August as normal.

"Rules" are just the same as the HGG. Please read this post very carefully and if you still have questions then PM me for clarification.

Everyone may post his or her personal wish list, not just books, but anything--- big or small. Others may try to fulfill the wishes as they can. USED items that fulfill a specific wish are just as wonderful as new, and there are NO OBLIGATIONS.

***Please post your country in the subject line to make it easier for the 'givers'.

I WILL NOT BE ASSIGNING YOU A PARTNER as in some of the other giving threads. On this thread, you read through the wishes and find the ones you would like to grant. Then you PM me to get the address for you. You then send the surprises out at any time between now and...whenever!

***Address Info***
If your address has not changed since HGG, you don't need to send it to me. If you did not participate in HGG or you have a new address, please send me your address so I can pass it along to those who want to gift you.

**Please be aware that courtesy goes a long way so please make sure that you've spelled the member's screen name correctly and that you are not sending me lists of 50 members at a time. I am very committed to responding to you in a timely manner so if you don't hear back from me or see your name on the address list within a day or two, then please assume I did not receive your note and PM again. I will notify the thread if I am to be away from the computer for more than two days.

Please don't ask me to send you the entire database of addresses. Also, to clarify, you must send me a list of names...don't ask me hunt down and compile a list of all the members from your country, etc. I really don't have the time to sort through the list for that. Please just list the people you'd like addresses for. Make it easy on me! :) Want to make it easier? You could even list them alphabetically...ha!

I've had a great time the last few years fulfilling and receiving wishes through HGG. If you're interested in participating, all you have to do is post a list of gifts you'd like to receive. You can choose books, or world peace, hand-crafted items or new cars- anything you want or need. YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANYTHING AT ALL, but this is a generous community. Someone might have the very thing. I really would like to stress the importance of saying "thank you". I will start up a "thank you" thread as well and that is a great place to post a note to the sender letting them know that you received and appreciate your gift. A PM to the person would be a second step to take that I'm sure all "gifters" would really appreciate. Please don't feel that it is impolite to ask if someone has received your gift, but keep in mind things that can slow down the mail such as mailing internationally, weather-related closures, jerks with explosives, and busy holiday mailing seasons.

Anyone who wishes to translate this for others, please do. All are welcome to join.

Have fun and Happy Spring!!!

ADDRESSES RECEIVED:

Complete Thread

Profile Image
ETA: I know all BookCrossers are not headed for Spring like we are in the northern hemisphere. Does anyone have a more 'seasonally-inclusive' name for this? Ha!!

I'd almost forgotten that I promised to run this again this spring. Since I run the Holiday Gift Giving thread from Sept-Dec, it's been assumed that I was the host of SGG as well. Hippolein, the member who actually WAS the past host of SGG has given his blessing for me to revive the SGG event so we'll give it a go again this spring and see if it's something we'd like to continue each year.

This event will run from now through May 2017. HGG will revive in late August as normal.

"Rules" are just the same as the HGG. Please read this post very carefully and if you still have questions then PM me for clarification.

Everyone may post his or her personal wish list, not just books, but anything--- big or small. Others may try to fulfill the wishes as they can. USED items that fulfill a specific wish are just as wonderful as new, and there are NO OBLIGATIONS.

***Please post your country in the subject line to make it easier for the 'givers'.

I WILL NOT BE ASSIGNING YOU A PARTNER as in some of the other giving threads. On this thread, you read through the wishes and find the ones you would like to grant. Then you PM me to get the address for you. You then send the surprises out at any time between now and...whenever!

***Address Info***
If your address has not changed since HGG, you don't need to send it to me. If you did not participate in HGG or you have a new address, please send me your address so I can pass it along to those who want to gift you.

**Please be aware that courtesy goes a long way so please make sure that you've spelled the member's screen name correctly and that you are not sending me lists of 50 members at a time. I am very committed to responding to you in a timely manner so if you don't hear back from me or see your name on the address list within a day or two, then please assume I did not receive your note and PM again. I will notify the thread if I am to be away from the computer for more than two days.

Please don't ask me to send you the entire database of addresses. Also, to clarify, you must send me a list of names...don't ask me hunt down and compile a list of all the members from your country, etc. I really don't have the time to sort through the list for that. Please just list the people you'd like addresses for. Make it easy on me! :) Want to make it easier? You could even list them alphabetically...ha!

I've had a great time the last few years fulfilling and receiving wishes through HGG. If you're interested in participating, all you have to do is post a list of gifts you'd like to receive. You can choose books, or world peace, hand-crafted items or new cars- anything you want or need. YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANYTHING AT ALL, but this is a generous community. Someone might have the very thing. I really would like to stress the importance of saying "thank you". I will start up a "thank you" thread as well and that is a great place to post a note to the sender letting them know that you received and appreciate your gift. A PM to the person would be a second step to take that I'm sure all "gifters" would really appreciate. Please don't feel that it is impolite to ask if someone has received your gift, but keep in mind things that can slow down the mail such as mailing internationally, weather-related closures, jerks with explosives, and busy holiday mailing seasons.

Anyone who wishes to translate this for others, please do. All are welcome to join.

Have fun and Happy Spring!!!

ADDRESSES RECEIVED:
Profile Image
Yay! I was thinking we have one in summer but I'm happy I don't have to wait that long. This is so much fun! Thank you for organizing.

I participated HGG, so you should have my address.

My wishes are:
* books from my wishlist or any you think I might like
* chocolate (or candy, I'm not that picky...), especially Lindt
* tea (black, green, white, infusions, but I'm not that into rooibos) I love love love The English Tea Shop teas.
* flavored coffee (grounded or instant), I especially love vanilla and caramel
* cat treats and toys to spoil the purrrmaster of the house
* BC supplies (preferably sticky ones and especially tiny stickers)
* shower gels, body lotions etc (I love cosmetic products, but I don't really use much make-up)
* tea lights and candles as I love them
* wings

We have -13 Celsius degrees today, but the sun is shining quite warmly and giving us a hint forthcoming Spring.
Profile Image
My wishes for SGG are:

*Perler beads especially white, black, and yellow, but any colour is awesome :)
*Chocolate, Please No Fruit,
*Baking supplies, cookie cutters, piping bags, cupcake cups, Nerdy Nummies supplies etc
*Book crossing supplies
*Books from my wishlist
*Office supplies Pens, paper, pencils, stickers
*Sticky notes
*Personal letter
*OR SURPRISE ME!!!

Thank you!
Profile Image
My wishes, more or less the same one from HGG:
1. Wishlist books
2. Wings
3. Any kind of chocolate, sweets or cookies, except for licorice
4. Recipes that you've tried and liked
5. Baking supplies - from pieces of baking paper, baking mats, and cake testers, to piping bags, nozzles, and zesters (anything really)
6. Wax seals with elaborated patterns / sealing wax
7. Letter openers
8. Address stickers with, of course, my address on them - not too many, since I expect to move after finishing my graduate school in the current city. A few dozens will be quite enough.
9. Audio books - CDs or mp3s, but no cassettes please since I don't have a player
10. Lonely Planet Travel Guide e-books, except for Great Britain, NYC and Taiwan guides (they are in PDF forms and can be sent via any means on the Internet)
11. Friends or Game of Thrones DVDs

Thank you!
Profile Image
My Wishes....

Any Vintage or Antique books of any kind (feel free to register and label them)
Historical Fiction set in America's New England
Books written during or about the Victorian Era
Books about England: history, culture, fiction and nonfiction
Fiction and Non-fiction Books about Queen Victoria, the Tudors, or other British royalty
Travel memoirs (UK/Europe especially---check to see I've not read them already)
Biographies/Memoirs
wishlist books
I love receiving a box of fun reading---women's fiction, nonfiction, cozy mysteries, etc.
STARBUCKS GIFT CARDS (I'm a mom of 9...a little mom time out is one of the best gifts ever!)
used postage stamps for collecting (multiples of the same kind are fine)
**Jane Austen £10 note &amp; £2 coin**
stationery sets/postcards for postcrossing
any kind of paper/office/writing stuff
wax seals/sealing wax
"Hidden Mother" photos/photos with a Kewpie doll
reusable shopping bags, literature-themed tote bags
Anything Jane Austen or Bronte
Book-releasing supplies
Chocolate! (No fruit added, please)
a quilt
Where’s George dollars
vintage or kitschy Christmas decorations
Profile Image
Count me in... always love these!

Here is my wishlist:
-box tops for education (for my daughter's school)
-gummy candy
-chocolate
-wishlist books
-Tudor historical fiction that I haven't read
-travel narrative that looks interesting to you
-I've become a little obsessed with the Great British Bake Off and would love anything related to that, however loosely- cookbooks, recipes, basically anything related to british baking (The only cookbook I have is: How to Turn Everyday Bakes into Showstoppers)
-Crockpot or baking cookbooks
-Baking tins (any size or shape) with a removable bottom, used is perfectly fine
-any baking tool/decoration/especially piping bags and tips
-something food related from your country/area
-a nice decaf tea (loose leaf or in tea bags) - no mango please, I'm allergic
-a tea cozy
-bookcrossing supplies- esp pre-numbered labels
-early reader books for my 1st grade daughter
-extend my wings
-surprise me
Profile Image
Wishlist books
Teen or young adult books
Herbal tea ( please do not send other types )
notebooks or journals
things to doodle or draw with ( sketch pencils, pens, colored pencils, markers etc. )
Book based adult coloring books
Harry Potter items
Owls or foxes
Alice in Wonderland items
Twilight items
things with fun book sayings
author goodies
dark chocolate
crafts
crosswords
90's pop or alternative music
hair accessories
t-shirts size large or X large
Unused stamps
Starbucks giftcard
Squishy toys or blind bags for my daughter
Surprises
Profile Image
My wishlist is simple. Books about abuse, or Christmas. Yarn for plastic canvas crafts or just anything you think might cheer me up from all this sickness (right now I am waiting to talk to my surgeon next week to discuss to very large operations which means I won't be able to do much for a while
Profile Image
Well my address hasn't changed since the HGG, so here is my WISHLIST

Bookcrossing supplies
Chocolate (please no wholenuts or fruit in it nor dark chocolate)
Treats/ toys for my dog (he's a border collie so nothing to small please

Profile Image

Bump

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.