corner corner Closed: Owlish Roundabout (international) - it's back!

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Closed: Owlish Roundabout (international) - it's back!

It is still wintery and (very!) cold, but spring is around the corner and the owls are fluffing their feathers impatiently. That calls for another round of the Owlish Roundabout.

And here are the rules:
There is a long tradition connecting owls with books and literature, therefore, this is going to be an international owl-themed book-chain:
Every participant is expected to send a book plus a little owl-themed gift like a bookmark, fridge magnet, stationary etc. - and, as this should be a roundabout, everyone will get a package, too!
If you would like to participate, please
- post here by April, 3rd to enter.
- PM me with your mailing details and please put "Owlish Roundabout" in the subject line of your PM. 
- You should be prepared to post internationally. If you tell me so, I can try to find you an address on the same continent, but that, of course, depends on the variety of entries and can't be granted for sure.
- On April, 4th (hopefully) everyone will get an address. As this is a chain, you won't get the address of the participant that will send a book to you.
- The book should have an owl in the title, on the cover or in the story, or, as owls prefer flying in the night, words like darkness, night etc. in the title or a nice nightly scene on the cover.
- Everyone is expected to send their packages within the following three weeks.
- Please keep it a secret what you are going to send and to whom.
- When your own owl arrives, please let us know what you have received, so we can all share the fun!

Good luck in finding an owl and persuading it to fly for you!

Participants:
- Trojanhorse: Owl in the air!
- Palwasha: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- Releanna: Owl in the air! The owl has landed!
- Andrasthe: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- Harobed82: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- yorkshire-lass: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- mcsar: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- abi-gibby: Owl in the air! The owl has landed!
- bluezwuzl: The owl has landed!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
It is still wintery and (very!) cold, but spring is around the corner and the owls are fluffing their feathers impatiently. That calls for another round of the Owlish Roundabout.

And here are the rules:
There is a long tradition connecting owls with books and literature, therefore, this is going to be an international owl-themed book-chain:
Every participant is expected to send a book plus a little owl-themed gift like a bookmark, fridge magnet, stationary etc. - and, as this should be a roundabout, everyone will get a package, too!
If you would like to participate, please
- post here by April, 3rd to enter.
- PM me with your mailing details and please put "Owlish Roundabout" in the subject line of your PM. 
- You should be prepared to post internationally. If you tell me so, I can try to find you an address on the same continent, but that, of course, depends on the variety of entries and can't be granted for sure.
- On April, 4th (hopefully) everyone will get an address. As this is a chain, you won't get the address of the participant that will send a book to you.
- The book should have an owl in the title, on the cover or in the story, or, as owls prefer flying in the night, words like darkness, night etc. in the title or a nice nightly scene on the cover.
- Everyone is expected to send their packages within the following three weeks.
- Please keep it a secret what you are going to send and to whom.
- When your own owl arrives, please let us know what you have received, so we can all share the fun!

Good luck in finding an owl and persuading it to fly for you!

Participants:
- Trojanhorse: Owl in the air!
- Palwasha: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- Releanna: Owl in the air! The owl has landed!
- Andrasthe: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- Harobed82: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- yorkshire-lass: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- mcsar: Owl in the air! - The owl has landed!
- abi-gibby: Owl in the air! The owl has landed!
- bluezwuzl: The owl has landed!
Profile Image
Me! Me! Me!
I've been waiting for this one! I watched the last round with interest and kept wishing I'd joined! So I'm all set!
Profile Image
;-)
Profile Image

:) Me, too

Ich möchte gerne wieder mitmachen... :)
Profile Image

oh, cool!

I'm in again, this was great fun!
thank you for organising again!
Profile Image
I was looking at my books to see if something would fit.
Would a book with "forest" or "bird" in the title be OK?
Profile Image
... a forest at night - as owls prefer this time of the day - that would be o.k.
Perhaps you have a book with a nice nightly scene on the cover? Or something with night, darkness, moonlight in the title? That would do nicely.
As for "bird" - owls are a little peckish about their company; at least it should be a bird of the night... ;-)
Profile Image
... a forest at night - as owls prefer this time of the day - that would be o.k.
Perhaps you have a book with a nice nightly scene on the cover? Or something with night, darkness, moonlight in the title? That would do nicely.
As for "bird" - owls are a little peckish about their company; at least it should be a bird of the night... ;-)

I'll find something! :)
Count me in!
Profile Image

Hoo-hoot?

Profile Image
Profile Image
(barbieq 233 asked to be removed from the list)
Profile Image
Profile Image

Hoot hoot?

Profile Image

I am in again.

Profile Image
A nice nightly scene on the cover is OK, as owls mainly fly by night.
Or there can be an owl on the cover, in the title or even in the author's name (as we had one in the last roundabout).
The book can be about an owl, but it doesn't have to.
The gifts, however, have to be strictly owlish. :-)
Profile Image
Ok I'll join in then
Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image
All Owls ready for action?
Profile Image
Everyone should have an address by now.
Please tell me if you haven't got one!
Have fun on the roundabout!
Profile Image
My owl will be flying in Monday
Profile Image
One flying to my partner from BetterWorldBooks, and other owls going in a separate parcel, bringing with them the booklabel.
Profile Image
Profile Image
Profile Image

Sent

Profile Image
Thank you for sending me
the cute owl keyring
Owl sense By Miriam Darlington (the author of this book is my sisters personal university tutor at Plymouth University)
Profile Image
Left the nest today.
Profile Image
... a huge flock of owls was waiting there for me!
Thanks, Releanna, for this owlish wishlist-book
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14988496 :-)
and lots of wonderful owlish goodies:
- a set of extra cute magnetic book-mark owls
- a pocket-warmer owl (yes, there still can be frosty nights this time of the year!)
- a little wooden owl - perfect for watching over one's handbag or backpack.
- owlish stationery
- a great fold-up shopper-bag with lots of owls on it
- lovely owlish post-its in two sizes
- and a lovely owlish card with an extra wooden owl on the envelo
I had a great evening discovering all of the contents of this really generous owlish package.
Hoot!
Profile Image
:)
It always makes me so happy when I've picked the right things and made someone else happy :)
Profile Image
... like strikes at the airport, unruly behaviour in the nest, breakdown of machinery etc. my owls won't be able to leave before next week. The last, as always... :-(
Profile Image
My owl should of arrived by now to its final destination
Profile Image
My english is not as good as it should be- but I will try to read the english book ;) And I really enjoy your cute little owlish card and all the owlish things (tissues, little wooden owl...) you´ve sent. And thank you so much for the postcard - special for my daughter. She want to register it under her name.
Profile Image
I have been ill for two weeks, in hospital for one of them and only got home yesterday. I have every thing sitting here on my desk ready to fly off to my partner. I'm as weak as a kitten at the moment and it may me a week or so to catch up on things but they will get on their way as soon as I'm strong enough.
This is NOT a please feel sorry for me message , I just don't want people to think I'd just forgotten all about this.
Profile Image
Hope you get better soon. Sorry if I seemed a bit rude in an earlier post.
Profile Image
Don't be silly you were only wondering what had happened to your package!
You were not to know about what was happening with me 😊
Profile Image
I'm so sorry that you have had to wait so long for this but if you read the above post you will understand why.
The book looks good, but as my TBR pile is huge it may be a while until I get to it. The owls are so cute and l am sure I will find a good home for them.
Profile Image
I completely understand, ive only just seen your previous post, my internet’s been a bit hit and miss today
Profile Image
I received today a parcel from Palwasha, containing a drawing book https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14994265/ and plenty of presents!
2 bags of sweets, a drawing made by Palwasha for me, a hook, a rubber stamp, a transfer for clothing and postcard and map of the city Uelzen.
I like everything, thank you so much! :)
Profile Image
The very lovely owl cushion cover and the dark dark book, Dark Matter by Blake Crouch has arrived. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14827709

Thank you so much. The book seems like an engaging and intriguing read. I will have to find the right cushion for the cover, then I can cozy up with it and a cup of tea, and get thrilled. Love everything. Thank you. 8)
Profile Image
So sorry for the long delay :-)
Profile Image
for the owlish parcel. I just received it and I'm very happy about those pretty cards :)
The magnet and the brochure were cute. I received the book "The owl who liked sitting on Caesar" on the same day. I have no idea what it is about, but I'm looking forward to reading it.
I thought this roundabout was fun and different (hoot!)
Profile Image
for The Owl & Moon Café, which sounds like a lovely book http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14990679,
for cute owl-stickers and post-its, a cute owl-card, teas and chocolate - your parcel brightened my day!
I'm sorry that you've been ill and hope you are feeling fine now!
Profile Image
to have let the roundabout circle for so long without update. Somehow everything mysteriously went against making an entry in this thread... added to that, my own owl couldn't be convinced to take flight for a long time... But now (it seems) things got much better -and even the owl has agreed to fly very soon!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.