corner corner Closed - Music Sweepstakes ♫♫♫

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Closed - Music Sweepstakes ♫♫♫

I've done a search and we don't appear to have a sweepstakes with this theme (correct me if I'm wrong though), so here goes:

The idea is you send a book that is either about music or song or has a word that refers to music or song in the title.
Examples could be Jodi Picoult's 'Songs of the Humpback Whale', or Louis de Bernières' 'Captain Corelli's Mandolin'.

Here are some rules (shamelessly copied from another sweepstake):

1. Post here in this thread to enter AND PM me with your mailing details. Please put 'Music Sweeps' in the subject line of your PM. If you are "send only", a PM is not necessary, just post in the thread.

2. I will draw 2 names (one winner and one decoy) in about a month. I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).

3. Send the winner a book that is either about music or song, or has a word that refers to music or song in the title. Be prepared to send the book fairly soon after the draw. Please remember that this is an international sweepstake, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

4. Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

5. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post (!!) here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.

6. It would be great if the winner could host a new round in a couple of months.

So, I'm sure we can all use some music in our lives, who's in?

Particpants
1. bluezwuzl (Germany)
2. PrincessRainbow (Austria) - received
3. mcsar (Canada ) - received
4. bookwormess (Finland ) - received
5. estelle1806 (Ireland) - received
6. brezova (Belgium)

Send only
1. Fifna (The Netherlands)
2. lauraloo29 (Canada) - received
3. yorkshire-lass (UK) - received
4. Izzy5000 (USA)
5. Lamilla (Belarus) - received

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I've done a search and we don't appear to have a sweepstakes with this theme (correct me if I'm wrong though), so here goes:

The idea is you send a book that is either about music or song or has a word that refers to music or song in the title.
Examples could be Jodi Picoult's 'Songs of the Humpback Whale', or Louis de Bernières' 'Captain Corelli's Mandolin'.

Here are some rules (shamelessly copied from another sweepstake):

1. Post here in this thread to enter AND PM me with your mailing details. Please put 'Music Sweeps' in the subject line of your PM. If you are "send only", a PM is not necessary, just post in the thread.

2. I will draw 2 names (one winner and one decoy) in about a month. I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).

3. Send the winner a book that is either about music or song, or has a word that refers to music or song in the title. Be prepared to send the book fairly soon after the draw. Please remember that this is an international sweepstake, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

4. Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

5. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post (!!) here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.

6. It would be great if the winner could host a new round in a couple of months.

So, I'm sure we can all use some music in our lives, who's in?

Particpants
1. bluezwuzl (Germany)
2. PrincessRainbow (Austria) - received
3. mcsar (Canada ) - received
4. bookwormess (Finland ) - received
5. estelle1806 (Ireland) - received
6. brezova (Belgium)

Send only
1. Fifna (The Netherlands)
2. lauraloo29 (Canada) - received
3. yorkshire-lass (UK) - received
4. Izzy5000 (USA)
5. Lamilla (Belarus) - received
Profile Image
Count me in, please!
(PM is coming.)
Profile Image
Thanks for joining, bluezwuzl!
Profile Image

Fun!

Count me in as a Send only.

Thanks!
Profile Image
As piano player I love music and musicals so I can´t resist this sweeps. Please count me in.
Profile Image

I'm in, too.

I can use some music, and I have music to share 8)
Profile Image
I think I have a suitable book to read for this one. :)
Profile Image
:)
Profile Image
Thanks for joining!
Profile Image
PM follows...
Profile Image
You're in!
Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image
I would like to participate, but you dont mention any date, when you will draw the winner and the decoy - just to see where I would be in the world, when we get that far
Profile Image
I would like to participate, but you dont mention any date, when you will draw the winner and the decoy - just to see where I would be in the world, when we get that far

Ah, yes good point. I was going to give it about a month, which would make 21 March, the first day of spring, a good day to do the draw. So that's what I’ll do.
Profile Image

Up!

Profile Image

Send only

please
Profile Image

RE: Send only

Have added you, thanks for joining!
Profile Image

PMs sent

We have a winner! Some lucky person will be receiving 10 books. Please let us know here what books you get.
Everyone should now have received a PM - let me know if you haven't.
Profile Image
... congrats to the winner!
Profile Image
... will go on its way tomorrow.
Thanks for organizing this great sweeps!
Profile Image
from bluezwuzl, with a lovely range of music inspired goodies, thank you!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14971423
Profile Image
...a parcel arrived from yorkshire-lass, with "The Forget-Me-Not-Sonata" http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14723863, an assortment of Twinings tea-bags (can't wait to try the STRONG English Breakfast tea!) and a yummy Dairy Milk Bunny. Thanks for all of it and the colourful postcard with your congrats! Thanks for a wonderful musical Easter weekend!!!
As I've mailed my parcel to estelle1806 - this could mean, that I really am the winner of this sweeps?
*hopping up and down excitedly*
:-D ;-) :-D ;-) :-D
This could also mean a very musical spring for me...!
Profile Image
Congratulations !!!
Profile Image

Posting soon

I'm a little late getting my book sent - Easter and my birthday got in the way! Will get it sent out this week.
Profile Image
... for your wonderful package of goodies I found in the post-box today!
First of all the book about INXS:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14784547
Thanks for an assortment of tea-bags (I think I'll have the Irish Cream today for tea - I can't wait to try it!) a variety of great and very different bookmarks (I especially love the owlish V&A one and the (self-made?) little wooden heart) and even some tiny bc-stickers
And thanks for the lovely Irish postcard with your kind words!
I really had a great time discovering all the contenta of your generous parcel :-) :-D :-)
(I'll try to take a picture tonight and put it on the book-page)
Profile Image
I even managed to send it air mail. :)
Profile Image

Sent today.

Finally got around to sending this. Unfortunately, it is going to take the long route. It will give you time to read the other books first. 8)

Congratulations.
Profile Image
Slightly worried - it seems to be taking a while to get there. I sent it at the same time as another sweepstakes prize and neither has arrived so far. Fingers crossed they're just taking the scenic route!
Profile Image
... to lauraloo29 for a superfast package with 'Sara's Song' by Fern Michaels: http://www.bookcrosding.com/---/13850645
(It arrived two days ago, but I had trouble to register it - the bc-site beeing gruesomely slow these days.)
Looks like another summer holiday read. I shall have a very musical summer this year, indeed... ;-)
Profile Image
... arrived today.
Many thanks to Lamilla for
Carol Miller, Up All Night. My Life and Times in Rock Radio: http://www.bookcrossing
.com/journal/13300277 and a nice bookmark.
and to PrincessRainbow for a classic:
Eduard Mörike, Mozart auf der Reise nach Prag: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9949407
a (home made?) bookmark and a very special wooden (!) tree stamp on the envelope!
I really enjoy being the winner of this sweeps!
Profile Image
I have my choice of book for this sweepstake ready since the day I entered, but - - - haven't pulled myself together to send it off. Will do it within the next days
Profile Image
Many thanks to Lamilla for
Carol Miller, Up All Night. My Life and Times in Rock Radio: http://www.bookcrossing
.com/journal/(not yet registered?) and a nice bookmark.

Glad the book arrived! I've sent the PM with the BCID
Profile Image
... for the book The Auschwitz Violin: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14841214 and an amazing selection of bc-labels, stickers and bookmarks, chocolates, skittles...
I received the package last week, when the bc-site was terribly slow and even the JE wouldn't register. Your package made up for all the trouble with the site!
Profile Image
...for an amazing parcel with book "The Violin of Auschwitz" by Maria Àngels Anglada: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14668986 beautiful literary postcards and a magnetic bookmark. (And there were two more books, one from the tag-game and one from collectorkerris xerpting.)
And many thanks for the beautiful card with your kind words!
Profile Image
for Up all night. Do you mind journalling it?
Profile Image
I've journaled it now.
And - as there is a musical date in June - I think I'll also start the new sweeps right away...
Profile Image
I've journaled it now.
And - as there is a musical date in June - I think I'll also start the new sweeps right away...

As my book doesn't seem to arrived yet, I think I'll declare it lost and see about organising a replacement. The book I sent to Brussels for the Global Sweepstakes on the same day hasn't arrived either, so I think someone must have 'misplaced' the whole sack of mail.
Profile Image
... it takes ages for a book to arrive, in and out of the country. There were many holidays during the last weeks, so I think the books have still a chance to arrive.
A simple letter to a town seventy miles away usually arrives the next day, but once it took two weeks instead...
On the other side - a friend once sent a letter to Barbados. It took six months, but in the end it arrived where it was meant to. She had forgotten to write the country under the address - but still they found it!
With the post, you never can tell... ;-)
Profile Image
for this wishlist-book:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/15001167
'The earth hums in B flat' by Mari Strachan!!!
It seemed lost, but it has been found and rescued now.
(You have a pm about this)
Thanks, again for dreaming up and organizing this wonderful sweeps! I just wish I had been a more deserving winner!!!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.