corner corner ** CLOSED ** MYTHOLOGICAL SWEEPSTAKES

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

** CLOSED ** MYTHOLOGICAL SWEEPSTAKES

So I was lucky enough to win round 6 so it is my pleasure to open round 7

So this sweepstakes is all about mythology. Mythological creatures are part of this sweeps as well. Myths from all over the world are also welcome here from Europe to Asia. It does not have to be Greek.

Mythology definition via Wikipedia:
Mythology is a collection of myths, especially one belonging to a particular sacred, religious or cultural tradition of a group of people. Myths are a collection of stories told to explain nature, history, and customs – or the study of such myths.

What can be included
. Greek gods
. Centaurs
. Unicorns
. Cyclops
. Fairies
. Ghosts
. Shades
. Spirits
. Griffins

The list can go on and on these are just a few ideas. Mainly from Greek Mythology. But there are plenty of lists online from different cultures. Asia also have a few interesting myths.

You DO NOT have to send a book if you are finding it difficult to find something or if it is expensive to send, but it would be nice. If you can't send a book, please at least send something based on what the sweepstakes is about, such as a small gift. (List of ideas below). The book doesn't have to directly be about mythology - it could have a something related in the title or the cover photo.

Gift ideas:
Keyrings
Bookmarks
Stickers
Playing cards
Tote bag
Fridge magnets

RULES:
1) Post here by 1st March 2018 if you wish to enter.
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry).
3) Winner will be drawn on 5th March 2018 and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner/decoy.
4) Decoy will also be drawn so that the winner will not know that she / he has won till the acts of kindness start to arrive.
5) PLEASE KEEP THE WINNER A SECRET, it is more fun that way!
6) The winner of this contest should hold the contest again in 2 or 3 months time.
7) If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received.

Participants
* mcsar
* Spatial
* LvsBtxPtr

Send-Only
* Dark-Draco
* Abi-Gibby
* Lamilla

Complete Thread

Profile Image
So I was lucky enough to win round 6 so it is my pleasure to open round 7

So this sweepstakes is all about mythology. Mythological creatures are part of this sweeps as well. Myths from all over the world are also welcome here from Europe to Asia. It does not have to be Greek.

Mythology definition via Wikipedia:
Mythology is a collection of myths, especially one belonging to a particular sacred, religious or cultural tradition of a group of people. Myths are a collection of stories told to explain nature, history, and customs – or the study of such myths.

What can be included
. Greek gods
. Centaurs
. Unicorns
. Cyclops
. Fairies
. Ghosts
. Shades
. Spirits
. Griffins

The list can go on and on these are just a few ideas. Mainly from Greek Mythology. But there are plenty of lists online from different cultures. Asia also have a few interesting myths.

You DO NOT have to send a book if you are finding it difficult to find something or if it is expensive to send, but it would be nice. If you can't send a book, please at least send something based on what the sweepstakes is about, such as a small gift. (List of ideas below). The book doesn't have to directly be about mythology - it could have a something related in the title or the cover photo.

Gift ideas:
Keyrings
Bookmarks
Stickers
Playing cards
Tote bag
Fridge magnets

RULES:
1) Post here by 1st March 2018 if you wish to enter.
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry).
3) Winner will be drawn on 5th March 2018 and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner/decoy.
4) Decoy will also be drawn so that the winner will not know that she / he has won till the acts of kindness start to arrive.
5) PLEASE KEEP THE WINNER A SECRET, it is more fun that way!
6) The winner of this contest should hold the contest again in 2 or 3 months time.
7) If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received.

Participants
* mcsar
* Spatial
* LvsBtxPtr

Send-Only
* Dark-Draco
* Abi-Gibby
* Lamilla
Profile Image

I am in

for some mythological fun!
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Back to page 1

Please join us.
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
...the last couple of rounds!

I’m in this time!
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
Profile Image

Up

to the top for more players!
Profile Image
I'd like to join.
Profile Image

send only

please
Profile Image

PM Received

I plan to have it in the mail by early next week!
Good luck!
Profile Image

Posted today.

Profile Image
Things have been a little hectic for me the last day or two and haven't had a chance to get to a post office. I hope to get my parcel in the post soon
Profile Image
Profile Image
I just received:
Scottish Folk and Fairy Tales from mscar!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14375438

Decoy or winner, no clue, but I'm excited to have received this interesting collection of Scottish tales! I'm currently reading two different volumes of fairytale retellings so this is a welcome addition! Thank you, mscar!
Profile Image
I am very glad that you like it. 8)
Profile Image
Would of arrived by now
Profile Image
Talking to Zeus: My Year in a Greek Garden By Jane Shaw
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14613203
Sounds intriguing, and Thank you for the kind note and Sparkling Unicorns (so adorable!), Abi-Gibby!

I guess I won?! If so, this is my first sweeps win!
Profile Image
Enjoy the book amd congratulations
Profile Image
Thank you, Lamilla for the book and the eye-catching postcard!

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14119314
Profile Image

Dragons!

Just received a package from dark-draco containing 2 books and some amazing dragon & mythological themed BC labels! Thank you!

The Reluctant Dragon by Kenneth Grahame
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14792804

Fairy Tale by Alice Thomas Ellis
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12584703

Edit: I'll start Round 8 in the first week of June! So, keep an eye out for it and hope to see you all join if you can! (If for some reason I don't start Round 8 by the end of the first week of June, feel free to bombard me with PMs to remind me! :))
Profile Image
Nearly all books have been received!
The decoy book I sent, the tracking says it arrived over a week ago but it hasn't been journaled yet. Hopefully, all is well with her and just something wonderful like a vacation keeping her busy.

Just wanted to say thank you for the mythological themed books, greetings, and gifts! They are all appreciated and each sounds so interesting! And to reiterate from my last post:

I'll start Round 8 in the first week of June! So, keep an eye out for it and hope to see you all join if you can! (If for some reason I don't start Round 8 by the end of the first week of June, feel free to bombard me with PMs to remind me! :))
Profile Image
Thank you, LvsBtxPtr for:

Arms From the Sea by Rich Shapero
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14813590/
and for the mermaid stickers and the beautiful Harry Potter note!

When you get a chance, would you mind to make a journal entry for the Decoy book? Thanks, again!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.