corner corner closed: EASTER Exchange Game 2018

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

closed: EASTER Exchange Game 2018

since a lot of people love Easter and it is coming soon and early in 2018 (March 29th – April 2nd), we`ll have an Easter Exchange this year again. The Easter exchange game was originally hosted by Nattabee.

But Nattabee has suspended her bookcrossing activities in January 2012. So I have asked Nattabee for her permission to host this exchange and I have already done this in 2012 - 2017. And here´s the exchange game again!

Here we go:

I will draw names and you will send your exchange person an Easter parcel. Include a book and an Easter goodie or decoration. It doesn't have to be anything big .... chocolate always works well, but can be candy, bookmarks, cards, handmade stuff …. Easter or spring specials from your country …. whatever .... use your imagination, be creative!

(1) Post here by March 11th if interested.

(2) PM your address and shipping preference to me. PLEASE PUT “EASTER EXCHANGE 2018” IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR PM. This is international, but I understand needing to mail cheaply. If you need to stay with a certain country or whatever, just let me know. Also, send me your MAILING ADDRESS, even if you have sent it to me for other exchanges ....

(3) I will draw soon after March 11th. The person who has your name will most likely be different from who you have.

(4) Post here when you get your parcel, even if you don't plan to open it right away. That way your partner knows their parcel arrived safe and sound.

(5) All serious bookcrossers who plan to keep their commitments can join. If there's a problem, please feel free to let me know so that I or another participant can help. We'll work something out.

(6) Please mail your parcel so early that it arrives in time with your partner or sooner if your parcel has a long way to travel.

Thanks to Nattabee for the original idea and all who have made these exchanges so fun!

Okay everyone! Come join the fun!!!

Participants, no special order, (updated, 11.03.2018):

1. Poodlesister, UK
2. bookwormess, Finland
3. bookworm-lady, Spain
4. Releanna, Austria
5. Abi-Gibby, UK
6. barbieq233, USA
7. Andrasthe, Austria
8. yorkshire-lass, UK
9. florence71, France
10. Bjorg, Iceland
11. Froschile, Germany
12. chawoso, Germany
13. MargaridaPires, Portugal
14. Oefjoerd, Germany
15. dolph1n, UK
16. bookfrogster, UK-Scotland
17. millycat, UK
18. PrincessRainbow, Austria
19. redfox5, UK
20. bluezwuzl, Germany
21. suedo, UK
22. estelle1806, Ireland

Complete Thread

1 2 Next 

Profile Image
since a lot of people love Easter and it is coming soon and early in 2018 (March 29th – April 2nd), we`ll have an Easter Exchange this year again. The Easter exchange game was originally hosted by Nattabee.

But Nattabee has suspended her bookcrossing activities in January 2012. So I have asked Nattabee for her permission to host this exchange and I have already done this in 2012 - 2017. And here´s the exchange game again!

Here we go:

I will draw names and you will send your exchange person an Easter parcel. Include a book and an Easter goodie or decoration. It doesn't have to be anything big .... chocolate always works well, but can be candy, bookmarks, cards, handmade stuff …. Easter or spring specials from your country …. whatever .... use your imagination, be creative!

(1) Post here by March 11th if interested.

(2) PM your address and shipping preference to me. PLEASE PUT “EASTER EXCHANGE 2018” IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR PM. This is international, but I understand needing to mail cheaply. If you need to stay with a certain country or whatever, just let me know. Also, send me your MAILING ADDRESS, even if you have sent it to me for other exchanges ....

(3) I will draw soon after March 11th. The person who has your name will most likely be different from who you have.

(4) Post here when you get your parcel, even if you don't plan to open it right away. That way your partner knows their parcel arrived safe and sound.

(5) All serious bookcrossers who plan to keep their commitments can join. If there's a problem, please feel free to let me know so that I or another participant can help. We'll work something out.

(6) Please mail your parcel so early that it arrives in time with your partner or sooner if your parcel has a long way to travel.

Thanks to Nattabee for the original idea and all who have made these exchanges so fun!

Okay everyone! Come join the fun!!!

Participants, no special order, (updated, 11.03.2018):

1. Poodlesister, UK
2. bookwormess, Finland
3. bookworm-lady, Spain
4. Releanna, Austria
5. Abi-Gibby, UK
6. barbieq233, USA
7. Andrasthe, Austria
8. yorkshire-lass, UK
9. florence71, France
10. Bjorg, Iceland
11. Froschile, Germany
12. chawoso, Germany
13. MargaridaPires, Portugal
14. Oefjoerd, Germany
15. dolph1n, UK
16. bookfrogster, UK-Scotland
17. millycat, UK
18. PrincessRainbow, Austria
19. redfox5, UK
20. bluezwuzl, Germany
21. suedo, UK
22. estelle1806, Ireland

Profile Image
Will PM you
Profile Image

Yay!

This seems quite fun! PMing you. :)
Profile Image
PMing you now... :)
Profile Image
Profile Image
Email sent
Profile Image
Sending PM now
Profile Image
too, please
Profile Image

I'm in !

PM you !
Profile Image
PMing you now :-)
Profile Image

Yes please :)

Profile Image
Thanks for the organization!
Profile Image
Thanks for organizing ;-) PM will follow.
Profile Image
PM sent
Profile Image

Me please

Pm on its way
Profile Image
PM on the way.
Profile Image
Me Please! I'm just going to pm you.
Profile Image
Count me in, please.
Profile Image
There are so many nice eastery things out there...
PM is coming.
Profile Image
prefer to post UK only if possible, PMed you
Profile Image
Thanks. PM follows.
Profile Image
Hello and Good evening dear bookcrossers and participants,

thank you very much for taking part in this exchange. The 2018 RABCK has closed now including 22 participants from 10 countries worldwide.

The puzzle with pairs and shipping preferences is already done : )

Pming you now with your partner`s postal details .....

Hope you all enjoy this RABCK & a Happy Easter (season) to all :)
Profile Image
PM´s sent. All of you should have gotten a PM today with your partner`s postal address.

If there should be any problem with postal addresses etc. please let me know.
Profile Image
Profile Image
Let's go shopping !
Profile Image
Profile Image
thanks for organizing the game!
Profile Image
... on its way up north...
Profile Image

Ready :)

Will be mailed tomorrow :)
Profile Image
Thank you Easter Bunny! I will be opening it on Easter Sunday and will post a proper thanks here once the internet cafe re-opens.
Profile Image
Profile Image
I hope it arrives in time!
Profile Image
I hope it arrives in time!

It did bluezwuzl!
I got it from my neighbour yesterday, who kept it for me while I was away...
OMG I cannot believe the amount of time and thoughtfulness you put into this Easter parcel!
Thank you so much for everything, from the Easter chocolates and bunny, to the beautiful glass egg (wow) and the numerous and cute bookmarks + cat cards + stickers + seeds+ lovely tea I cannot wait to try out + of course the book http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14158534
and even stamps on the parcel, all on a bed of grass!
Once again thank you, and a very Happy Easter XX ( • ∀•)っθΘʘ
/(^ × ^)\
Profile Image
That was unusually quick. I'm glad you liked it!
:-)
Profile Image

Posted

My parcel today, and have a large envelope from Spain waiting for Easter day.
Profile Image

Parcel

sent!
Profile Image
But I can only send my parcel by the end of the month :/
Profile Image
Ready to go tomorrow, first thing before going to work. Direction the north. It should arrives in time
Profile Image
I will try and wait until Easter Day to open
Profile Image
I hope it makes it in time :)
Profile Image
Today I sent my parcel AND I got a parcel (with a very small remark "easter-exchange" on it - I almost opened it!) =)
Thank you very much, dear "Easterbunny"! This year it's really an easter surprise, because my easterbunny ordered something (should it be a book???) at "Medimops". So I think there will be no BCID to find out my exchange-partner. Perhaps you will give me a sign?... ;-)
Profile Image
parcel arrived today. I'll open it in a week 😊 Thanks dear bunny and greetings to Iceland!
Profile Image
Happy Easter... and enjoy!! :)
Profile Image
My Easter surprise arrived today... I know I should not open it but I did!!! ops!!!!
Thanks so much for everything estelle1806:)
I got "A Village Affair" by Joanna Trollope, candles shaped as eggs, chocolate eggs,a bookmark, a pen and memos shaped as a bunny :) I had so much fun opening my parcel, thanks again :)
Profile Image
My Easter surprise arrived today... I know I should not open it but I did!!! ops!!!!
Thanks so much for everything estelle1806:)
I got "A Village Affair" by Joanna Trollope, candles shaped as eggs, chocolate eggs,a bookmark, a pen and memos shaped as a bunny :) I had so much fun opening my parcel, thanks again :)

Glad you like it, I had fun trying to find things to send... ;-)
Profile Image
for an amazon delivery, then it will go into the post - Should be here tomorrow.
Profile Image
...from Germany, with some pancake stickers, which made me think of Shrove Tuesday... so I guess this is from my Easter partner?
I will keep them until Good Friday... Thank you very much!
Profile Image
In a box decorated with Easter stickers. I will hide it until Easter Day. Thanks Easter Bunny!
Profile Image
but this was the first chance I had to get to the internet cafe. So it should arrive in time. :-)
Profile Image
I will open it next weekend :-)
Profile Image
To make matters even more mysterious, today I have received a box with Easter egg decorations...
So I have two parcels to open on Easter, lucky me! :)
Profile Image

It's here

Thank you Easter Bunny, my parcel arrived today. Looking forward to opening it on Sunday.
Profile Image
Today I received a parcel full of little gifts wrapped in Easter paper. I´m so excited to open them. I´m tempted to open them right away but I will be patient until Easter. So I will have a thrill of anticipation.
Profile Image
I'm so sorry, my package will be mailed too late for it to arrive before Easter. I've had quite horrible and busy month with trying to work, study and arranging a funeral, so it's been a bit too much to deal with.

But it'll arrive, I've had fun to gather thing in it. Luckily, I took the liberty of making a bit more Spring themed than Easter. :)
Profile Image
What a surprise! And I think, I know the name of my "bunny"... ;-)
Last year I got this adress as my exchange-partner (without some numbers, so the easterparcel arrived almost in summer...)
Is this right, Poodlesister?
Thanks a lot for the TWO parcels! You did so much for a simple Easter Exchange Game!!! I will open all parcels on sunday - if I will be strong enough... ;-)
Thank you very much!
Profile Image
What a surprise! And I think, I know the name of my "bunny"... ;-)
Last year I got this adress as my exchange-partner (without some numbers, so the easterparcel arrived almost in summer...)
Is this right, Poodlesister?
Thanks a lot for the TWO parcels! You did so much for a simple Easter Exchange Game!!! I will open all parcels on sunday - if I will be strong enough... ;-)
Thank you very much!

You are right! I sent a parcel and a book was ordered to be delivered directly to you. You gave the full address unlike me last year!.
Profile Image
Received a parcel today, I think it might from the Easter Rooster as it was decorated with themed stickers. Thank you so much!

In Finland the Easter Rooster brings eggs and goodies instead of the Easter bunny. Well, the Rooster actually lays (chocolate) eggs underneath the bed while we sleep. :)

I'm still battling with myself whether to open it or not, I'm going on a trip tomorrow and will be away whole Easter and I'm really curious.

FYI, my parcel is in the mail. Well actually two parcels, the smaller one will probably be the first one to arrive.
Profile Image
Sorry for being sooooo late :/
Profile Image
my parcel arrived at the recipient on Wednesday
Profile Image
for the great Easter parcel!
And thank you for being such a wonderful "Ersatz" Easter Bunny!
Profile Image

Cheat

I was feeling sorry for myself last night because of my painful toe so I decided to cheat and see if there was any chocolate in my parcel. There are several items in the bag, all beautifully wrapped in maps. If I'd unwrapped any that would have been double cheating so I took the Easter card out and left the parcel in the corner until Sunday. Sorry for even thinking of cheating.
Profile Image
and I found a book that sounds very exciting, lots of egg shaped chocolate and cocoa! Thanks a lot dear Easter bunny! I wish you a merry spring :)
Profile Image
What an amazing parcel you have put together for me!!

Two lovely books:

"The Wisdom of Yo Meow Ma"
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13096830/
(It has me interested from the start; looking forward to reading it!)

AND

"The Tale of Benjamin Bunny"
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11803333/
(This brings back memories of my time as a nanny in London!)

Thanks for the lovely basket with Easter chocolates... one egg is already gone, and it was lovely!...
Thanks also for the Easter napkins, which will be used today; the nice-smelling rose soap, BC label, Easter postcards (I love the real bunny!), Easter bunny wooden pegs (I love these, very useful to keep things tidy in my cork board!), and assorted tea bags... I am looking forward to tasting the lemon grass and hooray flavour!

Thank you, you have been a fantastic Easter parcel, and very thoughtful!
Happy Easter!! :)
Profile Image
I´m happy that you like everything that I´ve chosen for you. Wishing you a Happy Easter and a wonderful spring.
Profile Image
I opened a lovely parcel containing two wish list books...
Cross the Line, James Patterson
Precious and Grace, Alexander McCall Smith
Also a cute cat notebook, cat notelets, BC supplies and 2 G&B chocolate bars.
Unfortunately the Easter Bunny forgot to register the books.
If the sender PMs me I will send ISBN so they can be registered.
Photos posted here..
https://www.flickr.com/---/pool/
Profile Image
I opened a lovely parcel containing two wish list books...
Cross the Line, James Patterson
Precious and Grace, Alexander McCall Smith
Also a cute cat notebook, cat notelets, BC supplies and 2 G&B chocolate bars.
Unfortunately the Easter Bunny forgot to register the books.
If the sender PMs me I will send ISBN so they can be registered.
Photos posted here..
https://www.flickr.com/---/pool/

I am sorry for forgetting. I was so busy making sure I got the parcel posted on time. Doh.
And I would totally have forgiven you for cheating.
Profile Image
For the lovely Easter package, I Recived
Like Water For Chocolate by Laura esquivel
Lots of little Easter themed chocolate
Carrot shaped sweets
Magnetic bookmark
Easter decoration
Pencil with a north/south chicken/ rooster on it

Photo in JE
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14957854
Profile Image
For the wonderfulpackage you sent me.
2 wishlist books!
Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
Ink Death by Cornelia Funke
A litter of baby Lindt bunnies
Egg shaped jelly beans
Cute felt chicks
A knitted egg
Easter napkins
BC book plates
I love it all thank you so much for your kindness.
Happy Easter :-)
Profile Image
So much lovely things in my two Easter packages!
A wishlist-book
Chocolate, more than I can eat
English breakfast tea
Cookie cutters
Cup cake cases
A tablecloth with bunny
Pink ribbon
A note book
Post cards
A London bookmark
Rabbit stickers
A chicken eraser
Two rabbit clips and
a selfmade rabbit bookmark

I am really touched about so much and wonderful presents!
Thanks a lot, dear poodlesister!!!

And HAPPY EASTER...🐣

Profile Image
for my parcel from Spain. lots of delicious chocolate, a colouring book & a novella. Just in time for our Easter holiday in Yorkshire, where the weather will result in lots of quality reading time tucked up indoors out of the rain!!
Profile Image
for my parcel from Spain. lots of delicious chocolate, a colouring book & a novella. Just in time for our Easter holiday in Yorkshire, where the weather will result in lots of quality reading time tucked up indoors out of the rain!!

Happy Easter, and enjoy! :)
Profile Image
And apologies for not posting to say it arrived safely a few days ago.
I have been off the site for too long and have struggled to find the thread again to post even today.
Opening it today was lovely, especially as my sonhad a big lego parcel to open. My parcel was lovely, with two books, sweeties and some beautifully home made easter bits. I love minions too so the minion tic tacs are totally apt. I love the easter napkins too. Huge thanks from me for this lovely treat
Profile Image
glad you liked it :)
Profile Image
In my parcel were a beautiful postcard, a leather bookmark, a calendar notebook, a lot of different Easter chocolate and the book "under the duvet".
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12659269
Profile Image
For a big box packed with presents:

- 3 books including a wishlist book Mr Mercedes by Stephen King
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14959321
- balloon stickers and Easter stickers
- pink knitted chick containing a Cadbury’s Creme Egg
- glass ramekin full of Easter chocolate
- painted wooden egg
- Easter chick wooden toy
- Donkey Sanctuary raffle tickets
- 3 mini pens
- a selection of tourist postcards from different countries
- jewellery crafting bits
- postcards which you put photos in
- pink post it pad
- handmade Easter card
- selection of handmade cards for me to send to other (beautiful)
- metal bookmark (50 books to read)
- animal paperclips
- Graze box vouchers

See journal entry for photo

All creatively wrapped!

Thanks very much Dolph1n!

ETA found another book and more Easter stickers!
Profile Image
I'm a little worried about it
Profile Image
but there was no post today due to it being Bank Holiday, maybe something tomorrow :)
Profile Image
but there was no post today due to it being Bank Holiday, maybe something tomorrow :)

I too. I am hopefully waiting ;-)
Profile Image
For the wonderful parcel I found in my letterbox when I came back from holidays this evening :
- A wishlist book "We never ask for wings" by Vanessa Diffenbaugh ; I read "The language of flowers", his debut novel and really love it !
- Smarties mini eggs
- Dairy milk bunny
- Golden eggs
- Led flashing keyring duck
- Little colored clip on chicks.
- Lovely easter card
Thank you very much : I love all !
Hope you have a good easter too !
Profile Image
My Easter package was awesome and filled with amazing things! Wow! Thank you so so so much for
* "An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green, a book from my wishlist that was greeted with joy http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13833805
* box of small chocolate eggs
* packet of Easter napkins
* a small notebook which will be great as I'm always making lists.. :)
* green pen with flower print
* two rolls of washi tape, one with bunnies and one with "Airmail" print which will be excellent for closing letters
* altogether 13 Montana goodies, I think all of them are cookies. Can't wait to try them
As all of those were greeted with joy, the most amazing thing was a box of tea, Premium Collection from English Tea Shop. I LOVE IT!!! <3

Thank you so much! Wish you had a great Easter. :)
Profile Image
My Easter package was awesome and filled with amazing things! Wow! Thank you so so so much for
* "An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green, a book from my wishlist that was greeted with joy http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13833805
* box of small chocolate eggs
* packet of Easter napkins
* a small notebook which will be great as I'm always making lists.. :)
* green pen with flower print
* two rolls of washi tape, one with bunnies and one with "Airmail" print which will be excellent for closing letters
* altogether 13 Montana goodies, I think all of them are cookies. Can't wait to try them
As all of those were greeted with joy, the most amazing thing was a box of tea, Premium Collection from English Tea Shop. I LOVE IT!!! <3

Thank you so much! Wish you had a great Easter. :)

You're welcome ! Happy I choose the tea you love !
Profile Image
It was an amazing parcel!!!
Two whishlist books ("Dorothy Must Die" and "Young Elites"), a delicious white chocolate bunny (which ears i've already eaten), chocolate eggs, Easter napkins, cookie cutters, egg-shaped candles, a bunny decoration and a cat postcard.
I loved everything :D Thank you so much
Profile Image
The internet cafe has just re-opened after the Easter holiday is this is my first chance to post my thanks properly.
Thank you very much for the book "Emma's Baby", strawberry fizzy laces, Easter stickers, BC labels and the Easter stencil.
Hope everyone else had a great Easter too!
Profile Image
Your very much welcome
Profile Image
Today your wonderful Easter package arrived - with so lovely presents:
A book from my wishlist: The woman who went to bed for a year,
MaltEaster mini bunnies and some wonderful wrist warmers.
I really love it!
Profile Image
You're welcome! I'm glad you liked what I sent. :-)
Profile Image
Today I catched a large envelope, which contents nice things such as Easter sweets ( chocolate eggs and jelly bunnys), a bath bomb, spring napkins (just my cup of tea!) and a card, which told me it's only part 1 of 2 ...

Great! Now I am waiting for part two!
Profile Image

Oh, it arrived earlier than expected as I sent it in surface and it should have taken at least 8 days. Apparently it took only 3 days... I'm glad you liked the content, I had fun gathering things in it.

I hope the second part arrives soon. I was quite sure it would be the first one to arrive as I mailed it a day earlier.
Profile Image

I was just wondering, did the second part of my package ever arrive? The Finnish Postal Services is quite notorious for loosing parcels...
Profile Image
... for a most generous Easter-Exchange package!
It contained a great wishlist-book:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14970117
which will go straigh to my PC shelf, as it is a book that will be asked for time and again.
Thank you for the lovely Easter card with your kind wishes, for the Iced Easter Gingerbread Rabbit (how
could you know I really love gingerbread!), a whole net of colourfully wrapped chocolate-eggs and a cute little mechanical chicken (that will never grow up to be a rather frighteningly big, ill-mannered cock, as the chicken I had once in my childhood had...)
It was all absolutely worth waiting for a little bit longer. Thank you ever so much, again, Millycat - and a wonderful spring to you!
Profile Image
Thank you for the great package. A cute bunny named Heinrich Hoppel, yummy chocolate bar, pretty book mark, and the book "Behind Her Eyes". Cute Easter card signed Eva. Don't know the book crossing name. I love it all. Please let me know if you registered the book.
Profile Image
I am so glad you like the things.

I forgot to register the book - and realized it too late. So I hope you can register it ;)
Profile Image
Thank you for everything, and I will register the book.
Profile Image
For an amazing Easter Exchange!

With the Book - Sins of the Night By Sherrilyn Kenyon and loads of other goodies! I have included a picture in the JE - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14433635
Profile Image
It seems that all Easter parcels have reached their destinations now.

I hope that you all had some fun in the 2018 Easter RABCK.

So thanks to all of you for taking part in this exchange .... and maybe see you again in 2019 ......
Profile Image
It seems that all Easter parcels have reached their destinations now.

I hope that you all had some fun in the 2018 Easter RABCK.

So thanks to all of you for taking part in this exchange .... and maybe see you again in 2019 ......

Thank you for organising a great exchange again.

1 2 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.