corner corner CLOSED: First Pirate Sweeps in 2018, (Round 8) PMs sent

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

CLOSED: First Pirate Sweeps in 2018, (Round 8) PMs sent

As the very lucky first-time winner of the last round of this sweeps it is my privilege to host the next round.
First of all, I want to thank all participants of the last round for the enlightening books and generous gifts I received. I still might become a decent pirate... ;-)

Most of the following has been shamelessly copied from last round:

If you would like to enter:
1. First you post here by February 25th to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details and please put "Pirate themed sweepstake" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I will draw names on February, 25th and I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You DO NOT have to send a book to the winner/decoy; just so we can keep postage affordable please make sure that you send something about pirates however loosely based it is. Gift ideas include a book, bookmark, magnet, keychain, mug coasters, cuddly toy, sweets, stationary, letter writing things. AS LONG AS ITS PIRATE THEMED!

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM. It's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books & gifts in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next competition within 1-2 months. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter.
Let's keep this sweepstake going!

Participants:
- Abi-Gibby
- Harobed82
- bossmare
- brezova

Send only
- Bookworm-lady
- bluezwuzl
- Trojanhorse
- Izzi5000

Complete Thread

Profile Image
As the very lucky first-time winner of the last round of this sweeps it is my privilege to host the next round.
First of all, I want to thank all participants of the last round for the enlightening books and generous gifts I received. I still might become a decent pirate... ;-)

Most of the following has been shamelessly copied from last round:

If you would like to enter:
1. First you post here by February 25th to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details and please put "Pirate themed sweepstake" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I will draw names on February, 25th and I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You DO NOT have to send a book to the winner/decoy; just so we can keep postage affordable please make sure that you send something about pirates however loosely based it is. Gift ideas include a book, bookmark, magnet, keychain, mug coasters, cuddly toy, sweets, stationary, letter writing things. AS LONG AS ITS PIRATE THEMED!

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM. It's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books & gifts in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next competition within 1-2 months. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter.
Let's keep this sweepstake going!

Participants:
- Abi-Gibby
- Harobed82
- bossmare
- brezova

Send only
- Bookworm-lady
- bluezwuzl
- Trojanhorse
- Izzi5000
Profile Image
I have some pirates who need travelling... :)
Profile Image
I have 3 books that would be good for this sweepstakes
Profile Image
Let's join the fun! ;)
PM on the way!
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump!

Profile Image

bump

Must be a busy season then, out there on the seven seas...
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
... should I give it more time or shall we just have two winners?
Profile Image
Well as there is two of us you stil techically have one decoy and one winner so there is no need for "two winners" and I would probably keep it open a bit longer
Profile Image
Great! (Got your PM)
And as there are sea-horses, that's the perfect place for you! ;-)
Profile Image
I'll join if its not too late but I'd like to be send only please.
Profile Image
Thanks for your courage ;-)
Profile Image
I used to have some pirate themed books - hope I can find them again. Sending my address now
Profile Image
Thanks for your effort! I'm sure you'll find a suitable book!
Profile Image
The lists will be open till 15.00 CET
So there's still a chance to participate!
Profile Image

send only!

:)
Profile Image

Hey Ho!

Great to have you on board :-)
Profile Image

PMs sent

Everyone should have the winner's address by now. If not, please tell me so!
Thamks to all members of the crew, old and new!
;-)
Profile Image
Will get my package organised and sent out by Friday
Profile Image
Will sort out a parcel over the next few days. :)
Profile Image

PM received

Parcel went out today!
Profile Image
and received :-) Thanks, Harobed82
Profile Image
I sent it off today - and received one :-)
Profile Image
went to my post box, thinking I would find it empty since I got three things Tuesday, but instead there were four packages for me, two for the tombola in the Frenchspeaking group and two for this lovely Pirate Sweepstake.

Got a nice little pirate hat from bossmare and Chocolate money, anker-bookmark, pirate stickers and a book in French from bluezwuzl. (Und ja, ich lese in mehrere Sprachen, darunter auch in Französisch :-) )

After the book from Harobed82 the other day, let's see what the future brings :-)
Profile Image
Due to the "Beast from the east" snow storm aka Snowmaggedon my book will be delayed. The roads are to icey for me to get to the post office. Even the buses are not running its that bad
Profile Image
I hope to post my parcel tomorrow in Munich - if I'll ever get there. There was chaos with the underground and city trains the whole week...
Profile Image

My book...

... is on its way ;-)
Profile Image
So I've managed to get out in the slush and made it to the post office so my parcel is on its way.
Profile Image
Profile Image
Congrats on winning... and ship ahoy! :)
Profile Image
received a pirate book from Abi-Gibby today, thank you very much

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14862956
Profile Image
I received today "Captive Secrets": https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6051515
I must be the decoy! :)
Profile Image
today I received a book, a card and a couple of other things from Trojanhorse - thank you
Profile Image
received a lovely postcard from Izzy5000, thank you

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.