corner corner "Mail a Garden" Sweepstake CLOSED

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

"Mail a Garden" Sweepstake CLOSED

As the winner of the Mail a Garden Sweepstake I am hosting the next round. I have copied the following rules from the previous organizer.

THE RULES - PLEASE READ THEM:

The winner and decoy will be picked when there are enough participants. Please try to send out packages within a 2-week window.

If you would like to enter:

1. First, you post here to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details and please put "Mail a Garden" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I will draw 2 names: 1 winner and 1 decoy. I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You are expected to send a book to the winner/decoy; remember that it's plant/garden themed! :) If you don't think you will be able to send a book, please do not enter. Note that this sweep is international. If you would like to, feel free to include a garden-themed gift. Ideas include a bookmark, magnet, keychain, mug coasters, sweets, stationery, letter writing things.

Please note: sending a book is obligatory, sending a gift is not.

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM. It's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7. I'd love it if the winner could host the next competition within 1-2 months. Let's keep this sweepstake going!

PARTICIPANTS
mcsar
bookwormess
PrincessRainbow
Readertoo

SEND ONLY
Mankyi
lauraloo29
yorkshire-lass

Complete Thread

Profile Image
As the winner of the Mail a Garden Sweepstake I am hosting the next round. I have copied the following rules from the previous organizer.

THE RULES - PLEASE READ THEM:

The winner and decoy will be picked when there are enough participants. Please try to send out packages within a 2-week window.

If you would like to enter:

1. First, you post here to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details and please put "Mail a Garden" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I will draw 2 names: 1 winner and 1 decoy. I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You are expected to send a book to the winner/decoy; remember that it's plant/garden themed! :) If you don't think you will be able to send a book, please do not enter. Note that this sweep is international. If you would like to, feel free to include a garden-themed gift. Ideas include a bookmark, magnet, keychain, mug coasters, sweets, stationery, letter writing things.

Please note: sending a book is obligatory, sending a gift is not.

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM. It's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7. I'd love it if the winner could host the next competition within 1-2 months. Let's keep this sweepstake going!

PARTICIPANTS
mcsar
bookwormess
PrincessRainbow
Readertoo

SEND ONLY
Mankyi
lauraloo29
yorkshire-lass
Profile Image
as a Send only please.
Profile Image
PM coming.
Profile Image

Why not!

After all I have studied a degree in horticulture. :)
Profile Image
Please join us.
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
I write you a PM.
Profile Image
What a great idea! I would love to join. I will PM you my mailing details.
Profile Image
The winner will be drawn on Sunday.
Profile Image

Come and join!

Back to page 1.
Profile Image
You should all have the address where to send your package. Please try to send it within 1 week, if possible.

I'm sooo excited and can't wait to see if the winner likes their books!:)))
Profile Image
Profile Image
My package is ready and will be mailed on Monday.
Profile Image
it had to go surface though
Profile Image
.... as two packages has arrived. Went to the post office on weekend to pick one, it was from Mankyi and the messages was a bit cryptic so I didn't know if I was the winner or if it was just "Thanks for playing" gift. :D But received another one today so...

Thank you Mankyi for "The Land Girls" by Angela Huth with accompanying herbal tea, Bear Pure Fruit bar(?) and Wild Rocket seeds. :) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14773079

And thank you Readertoo for "The Color Garden", all the beautiful labels and Texas Bluebonnet seeds. :)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13205494
Profile Image
Hahahaa, you welcome! Yes, you ARE the winner!:)
Profile Image
bookwormess
PrincessRainbow
yorkshire-lass
Profile Image
My parcel is finally on the way. Sorry for the delay.
Profile Image
Oh yes, my book is on it's way. Sorry I didn't inform it here, life's been quite hectic past weeks.
Profile Image
Sorry. Bit behind because of finances and a sudden amount of books to send out. It will go out next week - will post again to confirm.
Profile Image
It will go out next week - will post again to confirm.

But your book arrived today! Thank you so much lauraloo29 for "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. :) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14844084
Profile Image
Thank you mcsar for "Wild Orchid" by Beverley Brenna and the garden themed postcards and labels.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14668963

Thank you Yorkshire-lass for "The Copper Beech" by Maeve Binchy. The package was filled with amazing things: a flower pin badge, very beautiful flower-printed pencil case, some Twinings teabags and a bag of seed for mixed wild flowers. Wow!
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14930956
Profile Image
Today I received a fragrant envelope which contained a beautiful flower card, 6 tea bags with different tastes - hard to choose which one to try first because they all look so delicious. An orange Mango Bath Bomb from "The Body Shop" - I love the "Body Shop" products. And a BC-label for the book which is on the way to me.

You really brightened up my gloomy day :-) Thank you so much for sending me all these nice things. I feel like a winner.

13 April 2018: Your book "Blue Dahlia" arrived.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14950789
Profile Image
Oh, this is funny, I also received your package today. :D I'm glad you like all the items, the fruits for my garden.

Thank you for the book "Garden Spells" by Sarah Addison Allen. This is one of the best part of book crossing, you come across books you didn't know exists but they fit your taste perfectly.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14237655

Also, thank you for the assortment of teas (once again funny!), labels and beautiful card. I also received a bag of organic flower seeds, which is great. I just bought some supplies for growing things, I live in an apartment building but have excellent window sills for plants so I've decided to try to grow something out of all the seeds I've received. :D
Profile Image
I´m glad that I have chosen a book genre that you like and that you like the rest of my garden parcel, too.
Profile Image
Also, thank you for the assortment of teas

Oh wait! One of the "tea bags" was actually sample of Styx pomegranate body cream. :D It totally fooled me when I was opening the package and going through the teas. Good thing I didn't pour it in my cup...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.