corner corner CLOSED - Stationery sweepstakes - 2nd round - PMs sent

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

CLOSED - Stationery sweepstakes - 2nd round - PMs sent

I was one of the lucky winners of round No 1. Now it's time to start another one.

Most of what follows has been copied from the last thread:

If you would like to enter:
1. First you post here by February 1st to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details and please put "Stationery sweepstake" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I will draw names on the first weekend in February and I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy, and if we are many participants, another decoy will be picked up, in order to have more people getting surprises!).

4. Each participant agrees to send minimum 3 items of stationery (it could be a nice envelope, paper sheet, stickers, masking tape...) to the winner or decoy. It's internationally!

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM. It's much more fun if the envelopes start arriving out of the blue!

6. As the envelopes start to arrive, the winner must let us know what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to know what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next competition within 1-2 months. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let's keep this sweepstake going!

Participants:
Ann1244
birnsen
bluezwuzl
bossmare
elizardbreath
Harobed82
kirjakko
kiwiinengland
Lamilla

Send only:
chawoso
dark-draco
mcsar
Poodlesister

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was one of the lucky winners of round No 1. Now it's time to start another one.

Most of what follows has been copied from the last thread:

If you would like to enter:
1. First you post here by February 1st to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details and please put "Stationery sweepstake" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I will draw names on the first weekend in February and I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy, and if we are many participants, another decoy will be picked up, in order to have more people getting surprises!).

4. Each participant agrees to send minimum 3 items of stationery (it could be a nice envelope, paper sheet, stickers, masking tape...) to the winner or decoy. It's internationally!

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM. It's much more fun if the envelopes start arriving out of the blue!

6. As the envelopes start to arrive, the winner must let us know what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to know what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next competition within 1-2 months. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let's keep this sweepstake going!

Participants:
Ann1244
birnsen
bluezwuzl
bossmare
elizardbreath
Harobed82
kirjakko
kiwiinengland
Lamilla

Send only:
chawoso
dark-draco
mcsar
Poodlesister
Profile Image
Profile Image

Me too!

PM on the way! :)
Profile Image
PM is coming!
Profile Image
Profile Image
Count me in. PM'ing you.
Profile Image
Profile Image
You are all in ...
Profile Image

I'm in

PM'ing soon.
Profile Image
would like to join in
Profile Image
Thank you all for partizipation. Drawing will be done in the evening hopefully :-)
Profile Image
but PMs are sent now ;-)
Profile Image
in the next couple of days. :-)
Profile Image

Sent!

Profile Image

Sent today.

Congratulations to the winner 8)
Profile Image
... will be sent tomorrow
:-)
Profile Image
What a lovely Valentine's surprise. We are also skipping the evening shift and going to see a movie and eat after that with the gang from work.

Poodlesister, who was a send-only, sent a lovely Tea-card "Tea is the finest solution to nearly every catastrophe and conundrum that the day may bring" - well said, I'm having my fifth cup already. She also sent some stationary and a couple of cards with a BCID-number (!), haven't found out yet what they are about. Some BC-labels as well, a Bordeaux-Convention label included, which will be handy as I am trying to read a book to be released there, and a BC-bookmark. Everything will be put in good use, thank you!

I sent my envelope only yesterday, having managed to make the address of the decoy disappear from my e-mails.

Profile Image
I received today your envelope. What a huge surprise to find a chow-chow card! It is beautiful!
And I love the writting paper sheets too, it's beautiful!
Your envelope was very original too! :)
Thanks a lot! :)
Profile Image
Glad you liked the chow, I thought it would be a bonus for a chowinist.
The mailman must have run ever so fast!
Profile Image
What beautiful stamps on your envelope!! There will be a fight over those among my stamp-collecting friends.
Very nice nature postcards by old Russian masters. Beautiful wintery and artistic stationaries and envelopes, some greeting-cards and BC-bookmarks. I feel a writing-itch on my fingertips, always a sign of nice paper / cards. Thank you!!
Profile Image
Enjoy! Glad you found it to your liking
Profile Image
I'm surprised it didn't arrive yet, usually it is a lot faster...
Profile Image
I'm surprised it didn't arrive yet, usually it is a lot faster...

Perhaps the envelope went on a journey "the other way 'round the globe" as they sometimes seem to...
Profile Image
I've been to my post office and received some delightful envelopes from bookcrossers full of stationery! More than if I was a decoy, perhaps I'm second winner or something. Do fill us in chawoso.

It's been a very exciting evening as I sit down to open mail from Iceland, France, and the USA!
Profile Image
I've been to my post office and received some delightful envelopes from bookcrossers full of stationery! More than if I was a decoy, perhaps I'm second winner or something. Do fill us in chawoso.

Yes, you are right. I split the participants: into two winners and two decoys. So you are the second winner ;-)
Profile Image
For the elephant memo sticky notes, the stripped washi tape, petit cochonn stickers, an a magically envelop just perfect for a gift card or note to a fairy. There was interesting stamps on the envelop and everything was sealed with cat shaped washi tape.

It's fascinating to see what type of stationery is out there in the big wide world, I haven't seen any of these items in New Zealand.

PS the envelope was a little ripped when I received it, but I don't think anything fell out.
Profile Image
For a stationery delight!. A number of cards I can send to people; a Renoir card, black and white photos of people doing sport (in the 50's by the look of their outfits), and a patchwork thank you card. A magnet of a cowboy (is it from your state), two brown envelopes (for any cash transastions I may wish to do discretely!), a postcard from your home city, writing paper, a tick-tock 18/19 calendar notebook, and bookcrossing labels.

Thanks for your generous items, all sealed up with cat masking tape. they will be put to good use.
Profile Image
You are welcome! I had fun picking stuff out. The brown envelopes go with the paper? The magnet is the state symbol of Wyoming. The black/white photo cards are fun. I used some as Christmas cards this year. Glad you will enjoy them.
Profile Image
For the envelop decorated with glittering owl, flowers and peace tape. Inside I found great stationery from Iceland, including a postcard which bought back memories of my holiday there (hurrah for foss!)

Thank you for the numerous styles of writing paper and matching envelopes, they will be an inspiration to write on with all the animals featured on them (hippos, or cats, mice eating sweets, or bears, and a cute hedgehog mailing a letter to a friend). The fairy, flowers, and star stickers will be used to decorate things (including envelopes, I'm getting a lot of ideas from people from this sweepstake) and the modern postcards are perfect for notes to put into books. :)
Profile Image
I'm happy to hear that my envelope has arrived. Enjoy! :-)
Profile Image
Where to begin? Everything neatly packed in a yellow bookcrossing folder. Some tea, because you need tea to get your creative letter-writing juices circulating. Some stationary, envelopes and postcards. Some index-stickers and bookmarks (lettermarks?) for a serious corresponder. Glittery golden cardboard and stickers for making greeting cards or packet cards, wrapping-paper and dachshund- sticky tape - a perfect package for a birthday group member. The sender must be a real pro!! Thank you so much!
Profile Image
It's great to have multiple winners to share the joy, but who does chawoso nominate to organize the next round?
Profile Image
It's great to have multiple winners to share the joy, but who does chawoso nominate to organize the next round?

I guess we have a discussion and decide, and the non hosting winner assists as "send only" participant.
Profile Image

You are the one, as you will overall get one more envelope then kiwiinengland ;-)
Profile Image

Ok

Be prepared for the next round...
Profile Image
Interesting collection of cards arrived today. I've never had a French card of bovine and human anatomy before. Or destruction of rats. Five greeting cards - Gratitude with attitude, Holiday Hugs (with a polar bear) and my favourite Let it snow with glittery snow flakes. I hope I do not need it before next winter. And a cute kitty notebook.
Thank you, these will be fun to use.
Profile Image
Thanks you for your gentle reminder, Poodlesister. I've just returned from Britain and as my e-mail box gets around 40 loan offers per day I planned to organize the sweeps after the trip so that nobody's entry would not go missing (you never know what sort of a WiFi the hotel has - if any).
I'll be able to put the new one up after work today.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.