corner corner [CLOSED] Export an animal sweepstake

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] Export an animal sweepstake

A new year, and the holiday mess in the postal service should be over now. So it's time to export some animals!

1. Please post here to enter.

2. PM me your name & address. Please put "Export an animal sweepstake" in the subject line. If you are a send only, you do not need to send a PM.

3. A winner and a decoy will be picked up. Everybody else receives the address of the winner except the winner who will get the address of the decoy.

4. You are expected to send an animal-related book to the winner/decoy, preferably within two weeks after you've received the address. The book should be about an animal/animals or have an animal on the front cover / in the title. If you are not able to send a book internationally, please do not enter. If you like, you can add other animal-related gifts in the envelope, but there should be at least the book.

5. Please do not let the winner know she/he has won by posting here or by PM. It is more fun when the packages start to arrive out of the blue.

6. The winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what he/she has received, as it is fun for everyone to see what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next sweeps within 1-2 months.

To be drawn around February 15, 2018

Participants:
1. Harobed82 (France)..........Sent
2. Abi-Gibby (UK)....................Sent
3. mcsar (Canada)
4. Brookler (Canada)
5. Lizzy-stardust (UK)
6. LvsBtxPtr (USA)

Send only:
1. CathrineB (Norway)..........Sent
2. Poodlesister (UK)
3. yorkshire-lass (UK).............Sent (BCID to be sent in PM)
4. Bookworm-lady (Spain)
5. Fifna (Netherlands)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
A new year, and the holiday mess in the postal service should be over now. So it's time to export some animals!

1. Please post here to enter.

2. PM me your name & address. Please put "Export an animal sweepstake" in the subject line. If you are a send only, you do not need to send a PM.

3. A winner and a decoy will be picked up. Everybody else receives the address of the winner except the winner who will get the address of the decoy.

4. You are expected to send an animal-related book to the winner/decoy, preferably within two weeks after you've received the address. The book should be about an animal/animals or have an animal on the front cover / in the title. If you are not able to send a book internationally, please do not enter. If you like, you can add other animal-related gifts in the envelope, but there should be at least the book.

5. Please do not let the winner know she/he has won by posting here or by PM. It is more fun when the packages start to arrive out of the blue.

6. The winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what he/she has received, as it is fun for everyone to see what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next sweeps within 1-2 months.

To be drawn around February 15, 2018

Participants:
1. Harobed82 (France)..........Sent
2. Abi-Gibby (UK)....................Sent
3. mcsar (Canada)
4. Brookler (Canada)
5. Lizzy-stardust (UK)
6. LvsBtxPtr (USA)

Send only:
1. CathrineB (Norway)..........Sent
2. Poodlesister (UK)
3. yorkshire-lass (UK).............Sent (BCID to be sent in PM)
4. Bookworm-lady (Spain)
5. Fifna (Netherlands)
Profile Image
Thanks for joining! :)
Profile Image
I love animals... PM coming! :)

Please let us know what is the date of the draw, so we know how many time we have to read/find a suitable book! :)
Profile Image
Please let us know what is the date of the draw

Thanks for joining Harobed82!

I'm thinking of doing the draw around February 15. But if anyone wants more time for reading/finding a book, feel free to tell me!
Profile Image
I have something suitable.
Profile Image
Thanks for joining mcsar!
Profile Image
I love animal stories. :)
Profile Image
Thanks for joining Brookler!
Profile Image
Thanks for setting this up! :)
Profile Image
Thanks for joining Bookworm-lady!
Profile Image
Anyone else that wants to join?
Profile Image
I was just wondering "what does the dog say in English?" (It says "voff" I'm Norwegian). Then I was reminded of the song "what does the fox say?". Honestly, I'm glad I haven't heard that song in the radio in a long time. I got tired of it!
Profile Image
I'm sure there are! :)
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
Thanks for joining Lizzy-stardust!

Someone else that would like to join?
Profile Image
Bump!
Profile Image
Bumpety bump!
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

I'm in!

I'd love to join in!
Profile Image
Thanks for joining LvsBtxPtr!
Profile Image
Anyone else that wants to join?
Profile Image
Profile Image
Thanks for joining Fifna!
Profile Image
Still possible to join if you'd like a chance to win animal books!
Profile Image
Closing tomorrow, February 15! It's open until it says "Closed" :)
Profile Image

Winner drawn

The winner (and pseudowinner is drawn). Will start sending out PM's soon.
Profile Image

PM's sent

Please let me know if you haven't received the PM, and please post when you've sent the book!
Profile Image
Will try to get in the post tomorow
Profile Image
Profile Image

Sent

I just dropped the book in the mailbox. I barely managed to push it trough the tiny hole in the "theft safe" mailbox.
Profile Image
It is being sent directly to the Winner, when the books start arriving I will PM the winner with the BCID :-)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.