corner corner [CLOSED] Export an animal sweepstake

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

[CLOSED] Export an animal sweepstake

A new year, and the holiday mess in the postal service should be over now. So it's time to export some animals!

1. Please post here to enter.

2. PM me your name & address. Please put "Export an animal sweepstake" in the subject line. If you are a send only, you do not need to send a PM.

3. A winner and a decoy will be picked up. Everybody else receives the address of the winner except the winner who will get the address of the decoy.

4. You are expected to send an animal-related book to the winner/decoy, preferably within two weeks after you've received the address. The book should be about an animal/animals or have an animal on the front cover / in the title. If you are not able to send a book internationally, please do not enter. If you like, you can add other animal-related gifts in the envelope, but there should be at least the book.

5. Please do not let the winner know she/he has won by posting here or by PM. It is more fun when the packages start to arrive out of the blue.

6. The winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what he/she has received, as it is fun for everyone to see what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next sweeps within 1-2 months.

To be drawn around February 15, 2018

Participants:
1. Harobed82 (France)..........Sent.....Arrived
2. Abi-Gibby (UK)....................Sent.....Arrived
3. mcsar (Canada)....................Sent....Arrived
4. Brookler (Canada)..............Sent....Arrived
5. Lizzy-stardust (UK)..........................Arrived
6. LvsBtxPtr (USA)................................Arrived

Send only:
1. CathrineB (Norway)..........Sent.....Arrived
2. Poodlesister (UK)................Sent.....Arrived
3. yorkshire-lass (UK).............Sent.....Arrived
4. Bookworm-lady (Spain)....Sent.....Arrived
5. Fifna (Netherlands)............Sent.....Arrived

Complete Thread

Profile Image
A new year, and the holiday mess in the postal service should be over now. So it's time to export some animals!

1. Please post here to enter.

2. PM me your name & address. Please put "Export an animal sweepstake" in the subject line. If you are a send only, you do not need to send a PM.

3. A winner and a decoy will be picked up. Everybody else receives the address of the winner except the winner who will get the address of the decoy.

4. You are expected to send an animal-related book to the winner/decoy, preferably within two weeks after you've received the address. The book should be about an animal/animals or have an animal on the front cover / in the title. If you are not able to send a book internationally, please do not enter. If you like, you can add other animal-related gifts in the envelope, but there should be at least the book.

5. Please do not let the winner know she/he has won by posting here or by PM. It is more fun when the packages start to arrive out of the blue.

6. The winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what he/she has received, as it is fun for everyone to see what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next sweeps within 1-2 months.

To be drawn around February 15, 2018

Participants:
1. Harobed82 (France)..........Sent.....Arrived
2. Abi-Gibby (UK)....................Sent.....Arrived
3. mcsar (Canada)....................Sent....Arrived
4. Brookler (Canada)..............Sent....Arrived
5. Lizzy-stardust (UK)..........................Arrived
6. LvsBtxPtr (USA)................................Arrived

Send only:
1. CathrineB (Norway)..........Sent.....Arrived
2. Poodlesister (UK)................Sent.....Arrived
3. yorkshire-lass (UK).............Sent.....Arrived
4. Bookworm-lady (Spain)....Sent.....Arrived
5. Fifna (Netherlands)............Sent.....Arrived
Profile Image
Thanks for joining! :)
Profile Image
I love animals... PM coming! :)

Please let us know what is the date of the draw, so we know how many time we have to read/find a suitable book! :)
Profile Image
Please let us know what is the date of the draw

Thanks for joining Harobed82!

I'm thinking of doing the draw around February 15. But if anyone wants more time for reading/finding a book, feel free to tell me!
Profile Image
I have something suitable.
Profile Image
Thanks for joining mcsar!
Profile Image
I love animal stories. :)
Profile Image
Thanks for joining Brookler!
Profile Image
Thanks for setting this up! :)
Profile Image
Thanks for joining Bookworm-lady!
Profile Image
Anyone else that wants to join?
Profile Image
I was just wondering "what does the dog say in English?" (It says "voff" I'm Norwegian). Then I was reminded of the song "what does the fox say?". Honestly, I'm glad I haven't heard that song in the radio in a long time. I got tired of it!
Profile Image
I'm sure there are! :)
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
Thanks for joining Lizzy-stardust!

Someone else that would like to join?
Profile Image
Bump!
Profile Image
Bumpety bump!
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

I'm in!

I'd love to join in!
Profile Image
Thanks for joining LvsBtxPtr!
Profile Image
Anyone else that wants to join?
Profile Image
Profile Image
Thanks for joining Fifna!
Profile Image
Still possible to join if you'd like a chance to win animal books!
Profile Image
Closing tomorrow, February 15! It's open until it says "Closed" :)
Profile Image
The winner (and pseudowinner is drawn). Will start sending out PM's soon.
Profile Image

PM's sent

Please let me know if you haven't received the PM, and please post when you've sent the book!
Profile Image
Will try to get in the post tomorow
Profile Image
Profile Image

Sent

I just dropped the book in the mailbox. I barely managed to push it trough the tiny hole in the "theft safe" mailbox.
Profile Image
It is being sent directly to the Winner, when the books start arriving I will PM the winner with the BCID :-)
Profile Image

Sent today.

Profile Image
I’ve just finished the book.
Profile Image
I'm not sure if the book you sent me was for this sweepstakes or not your note didn't say.

I Recived the zoo keepers wife by Diane Ackerman
Profile Image
I'm sorry, Abi-Gibby, it was for the Iconic Sweeps.
Profile Image
Congrats on winning... and enjoy! :)
Profile Image
Profile Image

On its way

Mailed today.
Profile Image
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14885038/

Thanks for posting. I hope LvsBtxPtr will post here as well.
Profile Image
CathrineB, maybe as the host you should remind the winner:

Just a thought...
Profile Image
I've PM'ed LvsBtxPtr now, with a reminder about the rule to post here.

(I'm tired of not receiving the JE notifications on mail! Had to look up the book on my bookshelf to see that it had arrived....)
Profile Image
Be tried once or twice to get hold of the winner without a reply
Profile Image
I'm sorry that you as senders have to post about arrived books here! I've PM'd LvsBtxPtr about it, but haven't got any answer, neither here og on PM. I hope it's simply because LvsBtxPtr has become very busy for a while, and that they will post here soon.
Profile Image
Hi everyone, I'm sorry about the delay in posting. Thanks so much for your gifts. I can't figure out how to post photos, but here's what I received:

The Secret Life of Cows
The Tiger Rising
The Pilgrim's Regress
Rare Birds
Dewey
Riding the Black Cockatoo
When God Was a Rabbit
Journey Into Dolphin Dreamtime
The Cat Who Knew A Cardinal
and a cute little dolphin bookmark
Profile Image
Hi everyone, I'm sorry about the delay in posting. Thanks so much for your gifts. I can't figure out how to post photos, but here's what I received:

The Secret Life of Cows
The Tiger Rising
The Pilgrim's Regress
Rare Birds
Dewey
Riding the Black Cockatoo
When God Was a Rabbit
Journey Into Dolphin Dreamtime
The Cat Who Knew A Cardinal
and a cute little dolphin bookmark

From whom have you received these books?
(As far as I can tell, there's one book still on its way to you, since you've received 9 books)
Profile Image
Please can you put the members name next to the book they've sent you
Profile Image
Rare Birds was mine - glad to hear it arrived! Would you please journal it? Thank you!
Profile Image
...and it was journaled in due time.
Profile Image
Travelling surface so will take a while to arrive
Profile Image
Travelling surface so will take a while to arrive

Ok, thanks, then it was a bit easier to update the first post.

Surface mail is of course fine:)
Profile Image
Been wondering about that myself. It's 3 weeks since I sent out the addresses, enough time for the book to arrive. But sometimes, there's a delay in sending and then the mail travels slow...
Profile Image
Been wondering about that myself. It's 3 weeks since I sent out the addresses, enough time for the book to arrive. But sometimes, there's a delay in sending and then the mail travels slow...

Thank you, fingers crossed! :)
Profile Image
When I won the iconic sweepstakes a few months ago, the book was sent about 3 months after I had won the sweeps and when I was organising the next round
Profile Image
When I won the iconic sweepstakes a few months ago, the book was sent about 3 months after I had won the sweeps and when I was organising the next round

That's very late!
(Of course, there might be a good reason for it though.)
Profile Image
I ordered a book to be sent directly to the winner, I have PMed them with the BCID so they can journal it when it arrives ,it was due to arrive by 12th March.
Profile Image
I hope everything is OK with the winner, since it's so quiet here.
I hope the last books to the winner and the decoy will receive the last books and post about them here soon.
Profile Image
I'm sorry I had issues with my email, and I don't remember seeing the BCID for "When God Was a Rabbit", but I did receive the book. Thanks!

I also received "A Medal for Leroy". I'll try editing the previous post and put the members' names next to it.
Profile Image
I'm sorry I had issues with my email, and I don't remember seeing the BCID for "When God Was a Rabbit", but I did receive the book. Thanks!

I also received "A Medal for Leroy". I'll try editing the previous post and put the members' names next to it.

It was yorkshire-lass thatsend the book that didn't have the BCID written in it. I suggest that you PM them to get the BCID.

I'm glad to hear that you received the last books for this sweepstake.

Have you sent the book to the decoy yet? The decoy have waited a long time for the book now...
Profile Image
Oh, I also forgot to mention that I'll be posting the new round tonight.
Profile Image
LvsBtxPtr:

When you signed up for this sweepstake, you agreed to the folloing rule:
"4. You are expected to send an animal-related book to the winner/decoy, PREFERABLY WITHIN TWO WEEKS after you've received the address."

If something happens that makes it hard to send the book within 2 weeks, I expect that the sender contacts the host about it by PM, and/or posts about it in the thread, so that I/we know about it. And I expect that the book then is sent as soon as possible.

I sent the address at February 15. I resent the address for the decoy to you at March 19 and April 13. You have not posted anything about sending the book in the thread. Neither have you contacted me by PM regarding it. And the decoy has *not* received the book.

Abi-Gibby says here that the book you sent for the Iconic sweepstake arrived 3 months after the draw.

I expect you to send the book within this week (week 18); by Sunday May 6! And post about it in the thread when you've sent it!
IF you have sent the book, please tell about it in thr thread, stating when you sent the book.
Profile Image
Maybe you should email this to our winner aswell, I have a feeling that LvsBtxPtr dosnt check the forums that much. I find it highly unfair that the decoy has had to wait like I did when I won the iconic sweepstakes, it as I said arrived 3 months after the draw was done and when I was setting the next round up
Profile Image
Maybe you should email this to our winner aswell, I have a feeling that LvsBtxPtr dosnt check the forums that much.

I've posted in this thread and the new sweepstake thread, so I think that LvsBtxPtr should be able to see it when (s)he checks in here. Haven't had that much success with my PM's since the addesses were sent out. So I'm not sure an e-mail/PM is much better.
Profile Image
Good point well presented
Profile Image
The book I sent, When God Was A Rabbit is still showing as travelling I've sent the BCID again in the hope of getting a JE on this.
Profile Image
I received today "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14813591
with stickers and a bunch of postcards for my collection!
Thank you LvsBtxPtr ! :)
Profile Image
I'm glad to hear that you received the book at last. And I'm sorry you had to wait such a long time!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.