corner corner The Culinary Sweeps - We have the winner! Addresses sent!

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

The Culinary Sweeps - We have the winner! Addresses sent!

I'm the happy winner of the last round of the culinary sweepstakes, and it was so great to get such lovely books from all around!
So it is now my turn to host the next round. :)

Culinary Sweeps are for books that have the name of a food in the title, and is in no way restricted to cookbooks/recipe books.
Also accepted are books with the word restaurant, kitchen, menu, cafe, bistro, chef or cook in the title.

Rules are:

1) Post here by February 14th if you wish to enter!
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry).
3) Winner will be drawn on February 16th and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner &/or decoy.
4) Decoy will also be drawn so that the winner will not know they have won until the books start to arrive.
5) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way! Don't write to them, or post their name here, please.
6) The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in two or three months time.
7) If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you receive.
8) This is international. Better World Books ships overseas for free, if you need a cheaper postage option.
9) OK, that's it. Have fun!

Participants:
Harobed82 --- sent. And received by the winner!
mcsar --- sent. And received by the decoy!!!!!
Ann1244 --- sent. And received by the winner!
CathrineB -- sent. And received by the winner!

Send only:
Chania --- sent. And received by the winner!
lauraloo29 --- sent. And received by the winner!
sakirmo --- sent. And received by the winner!
yorkshire-lass ---Sent. And received by the winner!
Soozreader --- sent. And received by the winner!

All done!!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I'm the happy winner of the last round of the culinary sweepstakes, and it was so great to get such lovely books from all around!
So it is now my turn to host the next round. :)

Culinary Sweeps are for books that have the name of a food in the title, and is in no way restricted to cookbooks/recipe books.
Also accepted are books with the word restaurant, kitchen, menu, cafe, bistro, chef or cook in the title.

Rules are:

2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = No entry).
3) Winner will be drawn on February 16th and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner &/or decoy.
4) Decoy will also be drawn so that the winner will not know they have won until the books start to arrive.
5) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way! Don't write to them, or post their name here, please.
6) The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in two or three months time.
7) If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you receive.
8) This is international. Better World Books ships overseas for free, if you need a cheaper postage option.
9) OK, that's it. Have fun!

Participants:
Harobed82 --- sent. And received by the winner!
mcsar --- sent. And received by the decoy!!!!!
Ann1244 --- sent. And received by the winner!
CathrineB -- sent. And received by the winner!

Send only:
Chania --- sent. And received by the winner!
lauraloo29 --- sent. And received by the winner!
sakirmo --- sent. And received by the winner!
yorkshire-lass ---Sent. And received by the winner!
Soozreader --- sent. And received by the winner!

All done!!
Profile Image
as a send only please
Profile Image
on this round :)
Profile Image
Already have a book reserved for it! :)
Profile Image
Lots of good books waiting for a new home!
Profile Image
Profile Image

More people

needed!!!
Profile Image
:)
Profile Image

Come on!

Anyone for good books??
Profile Image
left to join!
Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image

A week left!

Join us, you know you want to!
Profile Image
Still time to join!
Profile Image

Me please!

Although I have more than enough books, I'd like to join! Sending PM!
Profile Image
Although I have more than enough books, I'd like to join! Sending PM!

Great! The more the merrier!
Profile Image

Have you drawn a winner yet? Haven't received any PM with address, at least.
Profile Image
(my mom's 70th birthday and mine too) but now it is done. We have the winner! I will send you all the address (and one decoy)!
Profile Image

Sent

Just dropped a package in the mailbox:)
Profile Image

RE: Sent

Just dropped a package in the mailbox:)

Well you were fast!! I also packed mine, but haven't had a chance to send it yet :)
Profile Image
Well you were fast!!

There's a red mailbox right outside the house I live in. And I had stamps at home. So it was quite easy to get it sent so fast!
Profile Image
It is being sent directly to the winner, when the books start to arrive I will PM the winner with the BCID :-)
Profile Image

Mine

was posted today.
Profile Image

Sent today.

Profile Image
:)
Profile Image
Profile Image

Sent mine

today - probably will leave tomorrow, as it was quite late when I went to post-office.
Profile Image
This is my first time winning this sweeps and I am so excited. I love food and look forward to reading all the books where food will be featured all the time.

lauraloo20 sent Bread Alone by Judith Ryan Hendricks. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14834712 It looks like an interesting read. The book cover makes me want to go out and buy some bread. Too bad we just had plenty of snow and all I want to do is sit indoor and sip some tea.
Profile Image
thanks to sakirmo. Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Crime by Tamar Myers, an author new to me. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/7156344 The herbs are making my mouth waters.
Profile Image
Thank you, Harobed82, who kindly sent both and the cutest bookmarks. I love the cute cat decorations on the envelop.

The Toad Who Loved Tea, by Faiz Kermani. This is a cute children's book by a fellow bookcrosser.

And French Vegetarian Cooking, by Marie-Pierre Moine. This is a cookbook filled with beautiful pictures for recipes of simple steps. I am not much of a cook and these seem to be recipes I can follow. We'll see.
Profile Image
for The I Hate to Cook Book. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13854212
I do hate to cook, so this is the cookbook for me. The recipes included look short and simple enough for me.
Profile Image
for Rosie's Little Cafe on the Riviera, by Jennifer Bohnet, and the lovely magnetic bookmark that colour-matches the book perfectly. This seems like just the book to read to carry me into spring.

I also received a baking recipe book: Be-Ro Flour Home Recipes. The recipes have been tested to satisfaction by previous bookcrossers. I will have to look through for recipes that do not require a lot of special tools.

Thank you again 8)
Profile Image
for The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez. https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14931934 The book is on my wishlist and it seems like a most delightful read.
Profile Image
Seems like I'm the decoy:) I received the book "Like Water for Chocolate" by Laura Esquivel, and 2 nice postcards and some cartoons and funny notes inside the book! Thank you very much!
Profile Image
Still no sign of the package I sent? I hope it hasn't gotten lost but is just taking its time to arrive...
Profile Image
Hopefully, it is taking the scenic route and will turn up soon.
Profile Image

Book mailed

A book for this sweeps and a book for another sweeps is enclosed in this package
Tracking # is

LZ981229541US
Ann
Profile Image
Book arrived today. It is Chicken soup for the Mother's Soul. I do not find the BCID on the book. Have you registered it? If so, please PM the BCID. Thank you for including some interesting postcards and note cards.
Profile Image
for Love and Meatballs by Susan Volland. It looks like a fun and yummy read. I think I will move it to the top of the reading pile. I am just in the mood for something like this.
Profile Image
Now everything has arrived. It has been a fun round. Thank you for all your generosity and excellent picks. I look forward to hours and hours of reading and thinking about food.

Thank you Chania for hosting. I will start the next round in a week or two. Start reading to get ready for the next round. I hope to see you back.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.