corner corner Dog, Cat or Horse Carousel (International) - CLOSED

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Dog, Cat or Horse Carousel (International) - CLOSED

Roll up, roll up for all the fun of the fair!
New for 2018, I'd like to propose a dog, cat or horse international exchange similar to bluewuzl’s owlish roundabout (which I can’t wait to join next time!).

Every participant is expected to send a book (either dog, cat or horse related) plus a little funfair themed gift. As this is a carousel, everyone will send a package and receive one.

Shamelessly copied rules – thanks to bluewuzl!

If you would like to participate, please:
- Post here by January 28th to enter.
- PM me with your mailing details and postal preference and please put "Carousel" in the subject line of your PM.
- Please be prepared to post internationally. I will try to find you an address to match your preference but that does depend on entries and can't be guaranteed.
- By 31st January everyone will get an address. It probably won’t be the person who is sending to you but that will depend on number of entries and postal preferences.
- The book should have a dog, cat or horse in the title, on the cover or in the story. I won’t select an animal for you to send so please check out your recipient’s profile for clues on what they might prefer!
-The gift should be funfair themed. E.g. Coconut hand lotion for a coconut shy, car air freshener for the bumper cars (dodgems), hook-a-duck, ferris wheel etc. you get the idea…
- Everyone is expected to send their packages within the following three weeks.
- Please keep it a secret what you are going to send and to whom.
- When your own parcel arrives, please let us know what you have received, so we can all share in the fun of the fair!
- If you like the idea I could run another later in the year.

PLEASE NOTE:
I've never hosted something like this before so please let me know if I need to amend something.

Participants:
- Trojanhorse - received
- Abi-Gibby - received
- Releanna - received
- Kirjakko - received
- barbieq233 - received
- Harobed82 - received
- yorkshire-lass - received
- chawoso - received
- bluezwuzl - received

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Roll up, roll up for all the fun of the fair!
New for 2018, I'd like to propose a dog, cat or horse international exchange similar to bluewuzl’s owlish roundabout (which I can’t wait to join next time!).

Every participant is expected to send a book (either dog, cat or horse related) plus a little funfair themed gift. As this is a carousel, everyone will send a package and receive one.

Shamelessly copied rules – thanks to bluewuzl!

If you would like to participate, please:
- Post here by January 28th to enter.
- PM me with your mailing details and postal preference and please put "Carousel" in the subject line of your PM.
- Please be prepared to post internationally. I will try to find you an address to match your preference but that does depend on entries and can't be guaranteed.
- By 31st January everyone will get an address. It probably won’t be the person who is sending to you but that will depend on number of entries and postal preferences.
- The book should have a dog, cat or horse in the title, on the cover or in the story. I won’t select an animal for you to send so please check out your recipient’s profile for clues on what they might prefer!
-The gift should be funfair themed. E.g. Coconut hand lotion for a coconut shy, car air freshener for the bumper cars (dodgems), hook-a-duck, ferris wheel etc. you get the idea…
- Everyone is expected to send their packages within the following three weeks.
- Please keep it a secret what you are going to send and to whom.
- When your own parcel arrives, please let us know what you have received, so we can all share in the fun of the fair!
- If you like the idea I could run another later in the year.

PLEASE NOTE:
I've never hosted something like this before so please let me know if I need to amend something.

Participants:
- Trojanhorse - received
- Abi-Gibby - received
- Releanna - received
- Kirjakko - received
- barbieq233 - received
- Harobed82 - received
- yorkshire-lass - received
- chawoso - received
- bluezwuzl - received
Profile Image
I would love to join UK post ONLY please
Profile Image

sounds fun

PM on its way
Profile Image

I'm in!

Would prefer to send within EU, please.
Profile Image
Thanks for joining! You're all in!
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
I just found a book in my TBR that has horses on the cover, so it will do. :)

I have cats and dogs at home, so in "real life" I'm more used to them and prefer them than horses, but I want to say to whoever will receive my name, that if you have reserved a "horse" book for this carousel, it is perfectly fine, don't bother to find something else! :)
Profile Image
Great! Thanks, I've added you.
Profile Image
Will PM you now :-)
Profile Image
Perfect. You're on the list :)
Profile Image
There's still time to join in...
Profile Image
5 more days to go!
Any US bookcrossers willing to post within the US?
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
found some books, even not my favorite animals, but count me in :-)
Profile Image
Thanks for joining chawoso. Please could you PM me your address?
Thank you.
Profile Image
Thanks for the pm chawoso.
Profile Image
I'm suffering with flu at the moment and am off work so give me a day or two and then I'll send out the PMs. In the meantime there's still time to sign up!
Profile Image
I'll close this Friday and PM addresses over the weekend.
Profile Image
... if I could fit in somewhere, I'd like to hop on the carousel, too.
*<;-)
Edit: I couldn't send a PM right now. I'll try again later.
Oh, and I hope your flu is much better now!
Profile Image
Perfect, thanks for joining.
I've added you to the list. :)
Profile Image
Hold on tight we're starting the ride!
I've sent out the PMs so please let me know if you don't receive yours.
Thanks for participating everyone. :)
Profile Image
Profile Image
Thanks for organizing the fun fair ;-)
Profile Image
Profile Image
For a very interesting package! I received,
A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowan.
2 car air fresheners for the bumber cars.
BC Bookplates with a lovey photo of a wooden rocking horse.
A colourful bookmark.
Thank you so much :-)
Profile Image
Glad it arrived safely
Profile Image
for the book "The Secret of Orchard Cottage" - it has horses on the cover picture, cotton candy flavored air freshener tree and bird sticky notes - very cute!
Profile Image
for the book "The Secret of Orchard Cottage" - it has horses on the cover picture, cotton candy flavored air freshener tree and bird sticky notes - very cute!

I'm glad it arrived quickly and you like it! :)
Profile Image
I have received the book "The cat who wasn't there" http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13553298
and a cat coaster and funny duck key ring that makes noise and light. My dogs don't think it's funny, but I do! :-))
Thank you! :)
Profile Image
For sending me
Love on a lead by Buster Lloyd Jones and the snowman winter wonderland plate warmer
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay. I had to wait for something to arrive first...
Profile Image
For the package you sent me. I'm delighted with the Great Smoky Mountain postcards which take me back to a holiday I had in the area a few years ago. Thank you for the butterfly bookmark and the unicorn postcard. The bookcrossing supplies will come in very handy! Thanks for participating. :)
Profile Image
I am so glad you liked it, and please come back to my part of the world again.
Profile Image
It is clear you are the Mother of this RABCK. Country fair card, stickers, wrapping paper and a rocking horse cross-stich pack. AND a bit of magic, a Glend of Imaal card (they do not exist). The book was A Christmas Tail - Walkies in a Winter Wonderland. Thank you! Although Christmas is over, we had -18 C this morning, so walkies are done pretty much in Winter Wonderland.
Profile Image
I can't believe how quickly that reached you, I only posted it on Saturday! So pleased you like it all and I enjoyed tracking down the Glen of Imaal Terrier card. :)
Profile Image
She made it:
I got two book with cats, horses AND dogs!
Katzenauge (cat's-eye) http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6696640
The Extraordinary and Unusual Adventures of Horatio Lyle with a coach (horse drawn) on the cover and among much other things you will also find a dog! It's Lyle's faithful hound Tate http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/9713075 GREAT!

I also found some special Vienna items:
a bisciut cutter in the shape of the famous ferris wheel in the leisure park "Prater" (may be my Easter cookies will get ferris wheel shaped this year) and a cylinder music box, which plays Mozart.

... and dont forget the catish post its and the great self made popup card which shows a merry go round with horses.

Thank you so much! You really made my day!
Profile Image
glad you like it :)
I had lots of fun assembling everything.
Profile Image
... for a truly amazing package!
First of all, a book with very promising summary - and a cat in the title:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11969663
Then there was a great cook book (for cats enjoy good living): http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14929500
Next there was a note-book with a blue :-) cat on the cover, a package of Garden Cress seeds (for cats love grass) and an assortment of cute cat bc-labels.
And then there was a box of chocolates called "Katzenzungen" (cat's tongues) because of their shape. During my childhood, these were a highlight among birthday-presents in my family... Thanks for this nostalgic moment. And thanks for the catty card with your kind note!
Profile Image
By my calculation there's just one parcel left to arrive... hopefully there hasn't been a hitch.
Profile Image
... sorry, I sent my parcel rather late and in two parts. But at least the first part should arrive soon.
Profile Image
The package was in my mail today. The book: Murder Unleashed by Rita Mae Brown, 4 very nice bookmarks, a Smiley Face magnet, cute puppy sticky notes, yummy smelling Chai tea, and a beautiful post card. Thank you so much, I love it all.
Profile Image
Looks like all parcels have arrived safely. Thank you everyone for taking part its been great fun to organise and see what everybody sent and received. You are all so inventive!
I'll put the carousel in storage for a bit and run it again in a few months. :)
Profile Image
The other part of you gift arrived today. The postcards are beautiful, my hubby has his eye one the chocolate and the grand kids will probably get the gummy candy. The paw print tape will come in handy as I have just started a new journal. Thank you so much.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.