corner corner Closed - Favourite book of 2017 sweepstakes

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Closed - Favourite book of 2017 sweepstakes

Inspired by the fun I've had taking part in the favourites roundabout over the past few years, I thought it might be a nice idea to organise a sweepstake along the same lines.

The idea is that you send the winner a copy of the book you enjoyed the most in 2017. It doesn't have to have been published in 2017, just read by you in that year. Of course, if your favourite is inconvenient to send (if, say, it's a 900-page hardback) you can always send your second- or third-favourite. It's great fun receiving books you might never have picked up yourself, but you know someone has really enjoyed a lot.
(If you're a participant in this year's favourites roundabout, you might want to send a different book out for the sweepstake.)

Here are some rules (shamelessly copied from another sweepstake):

1. Post here in this thread to enter AND PM me with your mailing details. Please put 'Favourites Sweepstakes' in the subject line of your PM. If you are "send only", a PM is not necessary, of course.

2. I will draw 2 names (one winner and one decoy) on or just after 31 January. I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).

3. Send the winner your favourite 2017 read. Please remember that this is an international sweepstake, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

4. Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

5. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.

6. The winner doesn't have to host a new round. If this turns out to be a good idea, I'll host another one next year.

So, who's in?

Participants:
1. Harobed82 - received
2. Abi-Gibby - received
3. mcsar - received
4. bookfrogster - received
5. elstaplador -received
6. Ann1244

Send only:
Fifna - received
Lamilla - received

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Inspired by the fun I've had taking part in the favourites roundabout over the past few years, I thought it might be a nice idea to organise a sweepstake along the same lines.

The idea is that you send the winner a copy of the book you enjoyed the most in 2017. It doesn't have to have been published in 2017, just read by you in that year. Of course, if your favourite is inconvenient to send (if, say, it's a 900-page hardback) you can always send your second- or third-favourite. It's great fun receiving books you might never have picked up yourself, but you know someone has really enjoyed a lot.
(If you're a participant in this year's favourites roundabout, you might want to send a different book out for the sweepstake.)

Here are some rules (shamelessly copied from another sweepstake):

1. Post here in this thread to enter AND PM me with your mailing details. Please put 'Favourites Sweepstakes' in the subject line of your PM. If you are "send only", a PM is not necessary, of course.

2. I will draw 2 names (one winner and one decoy) on or just after 31 January. I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).

3. Send the winner your favourite 2017 read. Please remember that this is an international sweepstake, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

4. Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

5. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.

6. The winner doesn't have to host a new round. If this turns out to be a good idea, I'll host another one next year.

So, who's in?

Participants:
1. Harobed82 - received
2. Abi-Gibby - received
3. mcsar - received
4. bookfrogster - received
5. elstaplador -received
6. Ann1244

Send only:
Fifna - received
Lamilla - received
Profile Image

send only

please

I think it would be a good idea to check that the winner hasn't read your 2017 fav book yet (and if they did, send the second favourite)

Profile Image

RE: send only

please

I think it would be a good idea to check that the winner hasn't read your 2017 fav book yet (and if they did, send the second favourite)

Yes, that's certainly a good idea.
Profile Image
PM on the way! :)

I'm happy because I have a copy of my favorite book and I didn't want to wild release it, so it will perfectly match this sweepstakes! :)
Profile Image
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image

Up!

Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image
PM on the way!
Profile Image
Thanks for joining!
Profile Image

Bump!

back to page 1
Profile Image

Up!

Profile Image
PM on its way.
Profile Image

RE: I'm in!

Thanks for joining, elstaplador!
Profile Image

Bump!

Profile Image

Closing today!

Will draw tomorrow.
Profile Image
but the site was incredibly slow and now that it's back to normal again, I have to go out for most of the evening. So the draw is postponed till late this evening or tomorrow.
Profile Image
but the site was incredibly slow and now that it's back to normal again, I have to go out for most of the evening. So the draw is postponed till late this evening or tomorrow.

Oh yes it was terrible this morning, it took ages to load a page!
No problem, we'll wait until tomorrow! ;-)
Enjoy your evening!
Profile Image
count me in please

Do you want to be send only? If not, please send me your address.
Profile Image
Everyone should have received a PM - let me know if you haven't. The winner should receive 7 books that were somebody's favourite last year!
Profile Image

got your PM

the book is ready to go
Profile Image
Will get posted on Monday
Profile Image

My book

is travelling to the winner from Better World Books. Will let you know the BCID when it arrives. Hope it gets there soon!
Profile Image
Profile Image

Book sent.

Profile Image
Wow, it seems I'm the winner! I'm so happy, I'm sure I'll receive very different books, it will be nice to discover your favorite books! :)

Thank you Abi-Gibby for "Crow boy": https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14860493

And thank you elstaplador for the chocolate and "The Watchmaker of Filigree Street": https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14899660
Profile Image
Glad it got to you safely, and hope you enjoy it as much as I did
Profile Image
Finally managed to get to the post office. I loved the book I've sent, so hope the winner enjoys it too. :-)
Profile Image
I have received this morning "Dark Matter": https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14827709
Profile Image
Thank you very much for sending me "Of Marriageable Age" by Sharon Maas and a lovely magnetic bookmark. (They're my favourite.) It looks like it will be a good story. :-)
Profile Image
Thank you very much for sending me "Of Marriageable Age" by Sharon Maas and a lovely magnetic bookmark. (They're my favourite.) It looks like it will be a good story. :-)

I hope you will like it as much as I did! :)
Profile Image
I have received this morning "Ready Player One" http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14343694
It seems interesting! :)
Profile Image
I have received your book via BetterWorldBooks!
It's "Falling Angels" by Tracy Chevalier.
I'm very happy as I've read 2 books written by her and enjoyed them, so it will be another one that I'll be glad to discover! :)
Please let me know the BCID number.
Profile Image
I have received your book via BetterWorldBooks!
It's "Falling Angels" by Tracy Chevalier.
I'm very happy as I've read 2 books written by her and enjoyed them, so it will be another one that I'll be glad to discover! :)
Please let me know the BCID number.

Thank you for the BCID number. :)
Here is the link: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14926211
Profile Image
I received today "The light between oceans", which was on my wish list, so I'm doubly happy! ;-)
https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14668958
Profile Image
Glad that it has arrived. Enjoy all our favourite books!!
Profile Image
My book to Harobed82 is scheduled to go out Sat Mar 31st

I was tied up in the hospital and then at my daughter's during rehab sorry

Tracking # isc LZ981176849US
Profile Image
My book to Harobed82 is scheduled to go out Sat Mar 31st

I was tied up in the hospital and then at my daughter's during rehab sorry

Tracking # isc LZ981176849US

Thanks in advance and don't worry for being late!
Are you feeling better now?
Profile Image
I have received your book today but can not find the BCID.
Could you send it by PM please?
Thank you!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.