corner corner Used postage stamp thread

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Used postage stamp thread

I haven't posted a Used Postage Stamp thread, for 6 months +.

Please post if:
You would like to trade
Accept
Have surplus

Charities & collectors wellcome.
Please State, if soaked.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I haven't posted a Used Postage Stamp thread, for 6 months +.

Please post if:
You would like to trade
Accept
Have surplus

Charities & collectors wellcome.
Please State, if soaked.
Profile Image

Charity

I send stamps to a charity called Tubfrim here in Norway. They accept both used (soaked and on paper) and unused stamps as long as the stamps aren't damaged. Tubfrim also wants used telephone cards (credit card size) and used postcards.

For those living in USA: stamps, phonecards and postcards can be sent to the Sons of Norway lounges and 2 Norwegian Sea Man's Churches.

The address is:
Tubfrim
Postboks 1
3541 Nesbyen
Norway
Profile Image

Tubfrim

I'll have to see if I can find an updated US address for them: we had one in Nevada, but I think they stopped collecting.
Profile Image
I'll have to see if I can find an updated US address for them: we had one in Nevada, but I think they stopped collecting.

I'll check if I can find any US addresses when I get home.
Profile Image

Norwegian Seamen's Church
1035 South Beacon Street
San Pedro, CA 90731

Norwegian Seamen's Church
2454 Hyde Street
San Francisco, CA 94109

I don't know which Sons of Norway lodges you can send stamps to. But maybe Tubfrim knows? I can check.

As for addresses to other Norwegian Seamen's Churches around the world, click in the city names here to find the address;
https://www.sjomannskirken.no/her-finner-du-kirkene/

If there isn't any Norwegian Seamen's Church in your country, you might check if there's a Norwegian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Most Norwegian Embassies and Consulates send stamps to Tubfrim according to their website.
Profile Image
I don't know which Sons of Norway lodges you can send stamps to. But maybe Tubfrim knows? I can check.

I've received several addresses for the Sons of Norway Lodges. PM me if you want the list.
Profile Image

RE: Tubfrim

If there isn't any Norwegian Seamen's Church in your country, you might check if there's a Norwegian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Most Norwegian Embassies and Consulates send stamps to Tubfrim according to their website.

It doesn't look like we have the Sons of Norway here, but we do have a Norwegian consul on my island. And we can mail to the churches in California - it's a lot cheaper than sending to Europe! Thanks for your help.
Profile Image
I send stamps to a charity called Tubfrim here in Norway. They accept both used (soaked and on paper) and unused stamps as long as the stamps aren't damaged. Tubfrim also wants used telephone cards (credit card size) and used postcards.

For those living in USA: stamps, phonecards and postcards can be sent to the Sons of Norway lounges and 2 Norwegian Sea Man's Churches.

The address is:
Tubfrim
Postboks 1
3541 Nesbyen
Norway

I mailed my stamps to the Sisters of the Holy Cross stamp ministry.

http://www.cscsisters.org/---/stamps.aspx

By saving canceled stamps from your incoming mail, you can contribute to the Sisters of the Holy Cross Ministry With the Poor. Our sisters remove the stamps from the envelope paper, sort them and sell them to brokers and collectors. The proceeds benefit our ministries, helping those in need around the world. Invite your friends, family and co-workers to save stamps, too!

Sister M. Jane Chantal, CSC
Stamp Ministry
100 Augusta Hall – Saint Mary’s
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Profile Image

The address is:
Tubfrim
Postboks 1
3541 Nesbyen
Norway

By saving canceled stamps from your incoming mail, you can contribute to the Sisters of the Holy Cross Ministry With the Poor. Our sisters remove the stamps from the envelope paper, sort them and sell them to brokers and collectors. The proceeds benefit our ministries, helping those in need around the world. Invite your friends, family and co-workers to save stamps, too!

Stamp Ministry

The link you provided here gives an error for that specific page. I can visit the website of the Sisters of the Holy Cross, but can't find a mention of receiving stamps. Are they still willing to receive stamps, even from abroad, or is it no use to send stamps out to them?
Profile Image

Stamp Ministry

The link you provided here gives an error for that specific page. I can visit the website of the Sisters of the Holy Cross, but can't find a mention of receiving stamps. Are they still willing to receive stamps, even from abroad, or is it no use to send stamps out to them?

Try this: https://www.cscsisters.org/---/#stamp

They are in the US and specifically mention that they are interested in foreign stamps. I haven't tried contacting them yet to make sure they are still collecting, but there is an e-mail address at the bottom of the page.
Profile Image
Thank you, I'll look for the e-mail address and see if I can be of help.
Profile Image
So I'm *always* interested in stamps (soaked/unsoaked/used/new/US/other), and if someone is looking for anything in particular I can try to fulfill requests.

Also, anyone with the address of a charity collecting postage stamps in the US, please let me know. We send to the Bethel program in Germany ( http://www.briefmarken-bethel.de/english/ ) but the postage is very expensive...
Profile Image
How are you off for NZ or Australian stamps?
Profile Image
How are you off for NZ or Australian stamps?

Mom has one friend in NSW who occasionally sends Australian stamps, but we don't get as many from NZ.

Mom collects everything, but also has a collection of music-related stamps. I have a tiny little collection of origami-related stamps.

gaboyd: you didn't say what kinds of stamps *you're* looking for...
Profile Image
No preferences.
I'm receiving more overseas mail theese days, than New Zealsnd
Is your postal address the same?
Profile Image
No preferences.

Yep, same address as before, thanks.
Profile Image
I can't find your address.
Can you please email, it to me?
Profile Image
Received yours.
It's the first time, I've received ones from Tonga!!
Profile Image
No preferences.

Please send me your address and I'll see if I can come up with something for you..
Profile Image
So I'm *always* interested in stamps (soaked/unsoaked/used/new/US/other), and if someone is looking for anything in particular I can try to fulfill requests.

Also, anyone with the address of a charity collecting postage stamps in the US, please let me know. We send to the Bethel program in Germany ( http://www.briefmarken-bethel.de/english/ ) but the postage is very expensive...

An envelope (2 actually) is going your way tomorrow :-)
Profile Image

Great, thank you!
Profile Image

Both received - thank you!!

https://www.flickr.com/---/42077476585
https://www.flickr.com/---/28110542247
Profile Image
Mainly UK but a few different countries too. None are soaked. Could perhaps get another together in the New Year too. I will keep a look out to what is being posted and hopefully can send out mid Jan.

Profile Image
I have a lot of damaged stamps & definitives I've been accumulating over the years for "someday I'll make..." projects that rarely get off the ground. I'm more than willing to share, if anyone could use them. PM me!
Profile Image
I could send out two envelopes with about 20 stamps each.
Profile Image
I could send out two envelopes with about 20 stamps each.

I'm happy to get stamps from just about anywhere: please consider me....but if there are others interested also, it's fine with me if you pick a name out of a hat or something. :)
Profile Image
It seems you are the only one, so you can have them all.
Please send a pm with your address.
Profile Image
It seems you are the only one, so you can have them all.
Please send a pm with your address.

Today, January 25, if you're wondering how long they took. They are lovely and Mom is very pleased. The punk(?) sheep postcard is hilarious.

Thanks very much!

https://www.flickr.com/---/dateposted-public/
Profile Image
...I don't collect stamps so I don't know. Occasionally, I receive a package with stamps on it. I would like to start keeping them to pass on to others who would enjoy them. How do you prefer them collected off the package? Just use scissors and cut out a big square around them?
Profile Image
How do you prefer them collected off the package? Just use scissors and cut out a big square around them?

I can only speak for myself. I send stamps to charity. THey ask that one just cut around the stamps with scissors, and leave 1 cm/0,5 inch margin arround the stamps to avoid damage to the stamps. So I just just of the stamps with approximately that margin and send them to the charity.
Profile Image
How do you prefer them collected off the package? Just use scissors and cut out a big square around them?

Not a silly question. 0.25-0.5 inches around the stamp is ideal...if in doubt, go bigger...but at the edge of the envelope that's not always do-able. As long as the stamp isn't damaged it's fine. Sometimes we get stamps that have been accidentally cut because they have a lot of white background. :(
Profile Image
I just received 2 packages from Finland and all of the stamps are free of any markings on them, even though they're on the package. So maybe they are still usable?
There are also 3 stamps related to music on here (nightwish, children of bodom, hanoi rocks). Would anyone like these?
Profile Image
I just received 2 packages from Finland and all of the stamps are free of any markings on them, even though they're on the package. So maybe they are still usable?
There are also 3 stamps related to music on here (nightwish, children of bodom, hanoi rocks). Would anyone like these?

Definitely - sending you a PM.
Profile Image

Definitely - sending you a PM.

I've reserved them for you and I'll collect some more stamps to send you.
Profile Image
The stamps are on your way!
Profile Image
The stamps are on your way!

Received: thanks very much!
https://www.flickr.com/---/28833430878
Profile Image
Some bookcrossers know that I organize workships with my students in order to imtroduce them in stamp collecting. I give them an envelope with stamps at the begining of each workship, so I always need stamps, used, on the envelope, on paper, new, duplicates. They work with these stamps.
If somebody wants to colaborate with my students just PM me and I give my address.
Thank you
Stella
Profile Image

Stamps for children
stellamaris23 hace 35 min
Some bookcrossers know that I organize workships with my students in order to imtroduce them in stamp collecting. I give them an envelope with stamps at the begining of each workship, so I always need stamps, used, on the envelope, on paper, new, duplicates. They work with these stamps.
If somebody wants to colaborate with my students just PM me and I give my address.
Thank you
Stella
Profile Image
I have some stamps to send : )
Profile Image
if you received my PM and replied or not? I haven't receive any PM from you and the same happened last year.
Profile Image
Anyone who's interested please PM me.
Profile Image
I'm happy to send stamps around, I tend to keep all stamps from envelops I receive, even if I don't need them myself. : )
Profile Image
not soaked to send out. Stamps are Dutch, local but also from mail I received from people all over the world.
Will send worldwide, preferably all in one go.

Just send me a PM with 'stamps' in the subject line and your address :-)

Stellamaris requested them by sending me a PM.
Profile Image
The stamps will be on their way tomorrow. I'm sorry for the delay in sending!
Profile Image

I accept stamps in order to introduce children in stamp collecting. I give them an envelope with stamps to begin their collection. For this reason I always accept any kind of stamps, used, new, glued on paper, any country, all of them are welcome.

Enjoy weekend
Profile Image

I accept stamps in order to introduce children in stamp collecting. I give them an envelope with stamps to begin their collection. For this reason I always accept any kind of stamps, used, new, glued on paper, any country, all of them are welcome.

Enjoy weekend

An envelope is going your way tomorrow.
Profile Image

Accept

I would love to have stamps if you have extra. Collecting for my grandchildren.
Thank you
Profile Image
I would love to have stamps if you have extra. Collecting for my grandchildren.
Thank you

I still have stamps left :-) If you PM me your addy, I could send some your way.
If you let me know how many grandchildren you collect for, I can see if I can provide one of each I send for all of them.
Profile Image
My dad passed away a little over 3 years ago. He had a huge amount of stamps, sorted and put away at the right place in books (his collection), but also books with doubles, triples, tenfolds to sort AND of course a huge amount of unsoaked ones still to be processed.

My mother doesn't want to throw these unsorted and unsoaked stamps away and asked me, if I would share them with charities, collectors and/or people who use them for children to start a collection.

If you are interested, please send me a PM with the cause you're asking them for and the address that I can send the stamps to.
Profile Image
Thank you Boekentrol, the stamps arrived this week and I just wanted to thank you. They will be going to the grandchildren soon.
Profile Image
I am trying to collect all (or as many) stamps issued by all countries and would be happy to get even those from parcels/books you have received.

And I can also send some of my spare ones.

PM me.
Profile Image
will wing their way to Australia tomorrow. I hope they reach you soon and in good shape.
Profile Image
will wing their way to Australia tomorrow. I hope they reach you soon and in good shape.

Thank you.
Profile Image

Thank you.

Thank you very much Boekentrol. You're letter arrived a week ago (had been away and unable to post until now) full of stamps for my collection. I'm so happy!

Profile Image
I get a lot of mail on my job and can collect the stamps and send them to you. Who wants to have some?
Profile Image
I get a lot of mail on my job and can collect the stamps and send them to you. Who wants to have some?

I'd like some. Thanks!

Profile Image

I'd like some. Thanks!

I'd like to send you some. Anyone else?
Profile Image
Yes, please. I'll send you a PM.
Profile Image
I am a teacher and I organize workshops with the students. When every workshop begins I give children an envelope with stamps, so I always need stamps. Of course duplicates are also welcomed.

Thank you
Stella
Profile Image
PM me your address

I am a teacher and I organize workshops with the students. When every workshop begins I give children an envelope with stamps, so I always need stamps. Of course duplicates are also welcomed.

Thank you
Stella

Profile Image
...but I'll send you a full envelope

iwillrejoice + hyphen8 + stellamaris23

If anyone else wants German/European stamps, please just send a message with your address to me, with the subject stamps.

Profile Image

Thank you!

Profile Image

Thank you!

Yes, thank you. :)
Profile Image

Stamps arrived: thank you!

https://www.flickr.com/---/29211827488
Profile Image

If anyone else wants German/European stamps, please just send a message with your address to me, with the subject stamps.

Thank you, Palwasha, for all the stamps! They arrived safely in Florida just the other day. Many thanks!

Profile Image
Thank you for stamps.

Have a good Sunday

Stella

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.