corner corner Closed - Movie Sweepstakes - Round 6

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Closed - Movie Sweepstakes - Round 6

I was the lucky winner of the last round and I am excited to bring you a new round to take you to the new year.

(Copied from the last round)
To enter, all you need is a book in your AVL or soon TBR mountain that has been made into a movie (stage shows & TV also acceptable). So any Harry Potter, Danielle Steel, Jodi Picault, along with the Anne Frank diaries, Schindlers List, Boy in the striped pyjamas, Wizard of Oz, Jungle Book/Mowgli could easily be included.

I will close January 31, 2018.

Rules are...

1) Post here if you wish to enter!
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = entry as Send Only)
3) One winner and one decoy will be drawn at the beginning of February and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner (except that the winner will get the name of the decoy).
4) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way!
5) The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a couple of months time.
6) If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received.
7) THIS IS INTERNATIONAL

--------------------------------
Closing: January 31, 2018

Participants:

Lamilla (Belarus) - Received
Abi-Gibby (UK) - Decoy -Received
Fifna (Netherlands) -Winner - Received
bookwormess (Finland) - Received

Send only:
mcsar (Canada) - Received
lauraloo29 (Canada) - Received
Andrea99 (UK) - Received

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was the lucky winner of the last round and I am excited to bring you a new round to take you to the new year.

(Copied from the last round)
To enter, all you need is a book in your AVL or soon TBR mountain that has been made into a movie (stage shows & TV also acceptable). So any Harry Potter, Danielle Steel, Jodi Picault, along with the Anne Frank diaries, Schindlers List, Boy in the striped pyjamas, Wizard of Oz, Jungle Book/Mowgli could easily be included.

I will close January 31, 2018.

Rules are...

1) Post here if you wish to enter!
2) PM me with your name and address which will be sent to others if you are the winner (No PM = entry as Send Only)
3) One winner and one decoy will be drawn at the beginning of February and everyone will get a PM with the address and name of the winner (except that the winner will get the name of the decoy).
4) Please keep the winner a secret, it is more fun that way!
5) The winner of this contest must agree to hold the contest again in a couple of months time.
6) If you are the winner, please post here the goodies that you received.
7) THIS IS INTERNATIONAL

Closing: January 31, 2018

Participants:

Lamilla (Belarus) - Received
Abi-Gibby (UK) - Decoy -Received
Fifna (Netherlands) -Winner - Received
bookwormess (Finland) - Received

Send only:
mcsar (Canada) - Received
lauraloo29 (Canada) - Received
Andrea99 (UK) - Received
Profile Image

I'm in

Profile Image

I'm in

I have a book I can send out for this one
Profile Image
Good luck.
Profile Image
PM on its way.
Profile Image

Any players?

There are a lot of good books related to this theme.
Profile Image
Yes indeed there are, I have a few potential books I can send :)
Profile Image
as a Send only please
Profile Image
Bumping back to page 1.
Profile Image
Come and join us. Closing on Jan 31.

Do you have a good book to share?
Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
I have few suitable books for this one. :)
Profile Image
Yay, one more. Thanks for joining.

Profile Image
closing tomorrow.
Profile Image
Thank you all for joining. I am sending PMs now, but the site seems to be slow. If you do not receive a PM in a day, please let me know.
Profile Image
Profile Image
Congratulations to the lucky winner.
Profile Image
.....on 3rd February
Profile Image

sent today!

Profile Image
Profile Image
Got home this evening to find two packages waiting for me - that cheered me up no end! I received:
Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk, from Lamilla http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13590167/
Me Before You, by Jojo Moyes, from Abi-Gibby http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14821144/

Thank you both very much!
Profile Image
Hope you enjoy me before you, you'll need a box of tissues by the way
Profile Image
Hi, I'd like to join in for the next one. I'll keep an eye out.
Profile Image
however it had to go surface.....
Profile Image

Two more!

Two more have arrived, they seem to travel in pairs!

We Need to Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver, from bookwormess, http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/6709488 and
Behind the Candelabra, by Scott Thorson, from Andrea99 http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14342091

Thank you both very much, And thank you for the chocolate, bookwormess!
Profile Image
Thank you Fifna for sending me a book called A Very Long Engagment by Sebastian Japrisot q
Profile Image
lauraloo29 sent me Something Borrowed, by Emily Giffin http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14563280 Thank you very much!
Profile Image
Embarrassingly for me as host, the one yet to arrive is mine. It has been on the road for a while and will hopefully show its face soon. Meanwhile, thank you all for participating and for sending all the excellent movie themed books promptly. It's been a fun round.
Profile Image
It's Cell, by Stephen King, which was sent to me by mcsar: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13663174 Thank you very much! And thank you to everyone for sending such great books. Now they have all arrived I will get busy with organising round 7.
Profile Image
Hurray!! It has arrived after weeks of travel. I am happy that you are pleased with my choice.

And thank you everyone again for your participation and making it fun. Hope to see you again in the next round. 8)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.