corner corner Closed - Tea and Mystery Sweepstakes round 34

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Closed - Tea and Mystery Sweepstakes round 34

I was the very lucky winner of round 33 of this long running sweeps. It was my first attempt at entering a sweep and I could not believe my luck when the books started arriving! Everyone was so thoughtful and I have received some interesting new authors and some old favourites from my wishlist. Only managed to read two so far as, typically, a couple of bookrays also landed on the mat this month.

Anyway, it is my priviledge to start Round 34, so that one lucky participant will receive mysteries and tea to enjoy in the cold months, and during the Summer for our Australian/New Zealand friends and cheer up the post Christmas/New Year blues.

Here are the instructions (most are shamelessly copied and pasted):

First post here to enter. If you wish you can also specify in this thread, e.g. the type of tea you prefer but it is just a guideline for the senders which they can choose to follow or ignore.

PM me with your mailing details and please put “Tea and mystery sweepstakes” in the subject line. If you wish to join as send only, you do not need to send mailing details.

I’ll draw two names - one winner and one decoy - before February 1st or when we have enough participants - please spread the word!

I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).

You are expected to send a mystery/thriller/crime book and some tea (the amount and type is for you to decide) to the winner/decoy.

If you don’t think you will be able to send a book and tea, please do not enter. It is unfair to the other participants if you only send a postcard (or nothing at all) when you expect everyone else to send a book and tea if you are the winner.

Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.

The winner will host the next round within 1-2 months of the draw. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let’s keep this sweepstakes going! :)

Good luck everyone! Oh and, by the way, don’t forget to update your wishlist for mystery/thriller/crime books!!!

Post below to enter and let's start the game !

=====================
Closing Date : Feb 1st, 2018
=====================

Participants:
Lamilla (Belarus)
anathema-device (Austria)
bluezwuzl (Germany)
bookwormess (Finland)
mcsar (Canada)
lubiette (Greece)
Bookfrogster (UK) (winner)
Bookworm-lady (Spain)
J4Shaw (USA)
elstaplador (UK) (received)
jo_an_a (UK) (decoy) - received

Send Only:
Cassandra2020 (UK) (received)
Yorkshire-Lass (UK) (received)
Kirjakko (Finland) (received)
Sakirmo (Finland) (received)
Soozreader (Finland) (received)
Motherof11 (Netherlands) (received)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was the very lucky winner of round 33 of this long running sweeps. It was my first attempt at entering a sweep and I could not believe my luck when the books started arriving! Everyone was so thoughtful and I have received some interesting new authors and some old favourites from my wishlist. Only managed to read two so far as, typically, a couple of bookrays also landed on the mat this month.

Anyway, it is my priviledge to start Round 34, so that one lucky participant will receive mysteries and tea to enjoy in the cold months, and during the Summer for our Australian/New Zealand friends and cheer up the post Christmas/New Year blues.

Here are the instructions (most are shamelessly copied and pasted):

First post here to enter. If you wish you can also specify in this thread, e.g. the type of tea you prefer but it is just a guideline for the senders which they can choose to follow or ignore.

PM me with your mailing details and please put “Tea and mystery sweepstakes” in the subject line. If you wish to join as send only, you do not need to send mailing details.

I’ll draw two names - one winner and one decoy - before February 1st or when we have enough participants - please spread the word!

I’ll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will obviously be PM’ed with the name and address of the decoy).

You are expected to send a mystery/thriller/crime book and some tea (the amount and type is for you to decide) to the winner/decoy.

If you don’t think you will be able to send a book and tea, please do not enter. It is unfair to the other participants if you only send a postcard (or nothing at all) when you expect everyone else to send a book and tea if you are the winner.

Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send INTERNATIONALLY.

Please don’t let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it’s much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received and from whom, as it’s fun for everyone who’s entered to see what the winner has got.

The winner will host the next round within 1-2 months of the draw. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let’s keep this sweepstakes going! :)

Good luck everyone! Oh and, by the way, don’t forget to update your wishlist for mystery/thriller/crime books!!!

Post below to enter and let's start the game !

=====================
Closing Date : Feb 1st, 2018
=====================

Participants:
Lamilla (Belarus)
anathema-device (Austria)
bluezwuzl (Germany)
bookwormess (Finland)
mcsar (Canada)
lubiette (Greece)
Bookfrogster (UK) (winner)
Bookworm-lady (Spain)
J4Shaw (USA)
elstaplador (UK) (received)
jo_an_a (UK) (decoy) - received

Send Only:
Cassandra2020 (UK) (received)
Yorkshire-Lass (UK) (received)
Kirjakko (Finland) (received)
Sakirmo (Finland) (received)
Soozreader (Finland) (received)
Motherof11 (Netherlands) (received)
Profile Image
In case I'm the lucky winner: I'd rather note receive cozy mysteries. My favourite tea is flavoured black :)
Profile Image
PMing right now.
Profile Image
I love this sweeps!
(My favourite kind of tea is unflavoured - any kind but rooibos :-))
Pm is coming!
Profile Image
PM'ing you soon!
Profile Image
This is one of my favourite sweepstakes.
Profile Image
...you all in :-)
Profile Image

Yes, please

PM on its way.
Profile Image
received and included :-)
Profile Image

bump!

It's allways nice to have some mysteries around this time of the year...!
Profile Image

Send only

This time. I was the lucky decoy.
Profile Image

Send only

I'm quite picky about what I read within this genre but somehow I always end up having lots of mystery books at home... and more tea than I ever get to drink, too!
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
I'll be "send only" so that the winner will receive more to read :)
Profile Image
have added you in
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
of course :-)
Profile Image
I thought I'd already signed up for this one, so glad I checked the thread! PM on the way. :-)
If I am the lucky winner, my taste seems to be changing more towards the cosy end of things at the minute, so nothing to gruesome please. And happy with any tea except Rooibos. :-)
Profile Image
Got your pm - am adding you in
Profile Image
Just like Bookfrogster, I thought I had already signed in...
Any mysteries will do... and I'm happy to try any type of tea... easy me... :)
PMing you now...
Profile Image
Profile Image

Mmmm tea!

I cant resist this any longer! PM on the way. :-)
If I were to be the lucky winner, I am currently finding I'm really enjoying reading thrillers.
I have a 'slight' idiosyncrasy in that I read an author's books in the order they were written, regardless of whether their books link on to one another or not, so ideally no book #27's as it'll mean I'll have 26 books to read before I can read it!

Tea - I'm into any, and while I drink bagged tea, I do prefer loose leaf.
I enjoy old favourites such as the standard English breakfast, as well as trying weird and wonderful new concoctions, particularly with an earl gray base.

Thanks for hosting Cassandra2020 ...... Wow Round 34!
Profile Image

PS I know exactly what you mean about series ;-)
Profile Image

I'm in!

PM on its way.
Profile Image
added in
Profile Image
Sending a PM now.
Profile Image
adding you in
Profile Image
Expect to receive a message from me soon!
Profile Image
and package taken to the post office yesterday :)
Profile Image
The book will be sent towards next weekend.
Thanks for organizing this fun sweeps!
Profile Image
I'll be sending something when I get a chance to go to Germany (so much cheaper there!), probably in a week or two.
Profile Image
Posting tomorrow between work and physiotherapy.
Profile Image
Hope the winner likes what I sent them. :-)
Profile Image

Mine

was posted today.
Profile Image
Hi, I'd like to join in the next round. I'll keep an eye out.
Profile Image
Bought a book yesterday that I thought was perfect.... checked the winners bookshelf to find that he/she has already read it. Back to the drawing board.

Excited to see when the winner works it out!!!
Profile Image

Sent today.

Congratulations to the winner! Thanks Cassandra2020 for organizing!
Profile Image
my pleasure. Thanks for your help and guidance with this and the previous round!
Profile Image
Congrats on winning... sit back and enjoy with a cuppa! :)
Profile Image
It's been a wee while since I won a sweepstake and two books have now arrived.

From Jo_an_a I received Behind her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough along with some lovely looking Lily's Favourite tea and BC labels and stickers

From Estaplador I received Arson and Old Lace by Patricia Harwin, plus Twining Strawberry and Raspberry tea, and Lemon and Ginger tea and a packet of Haribo.

Thanks so much to both of you. This has officially made my week. :-)
Profile Image
I just read Behind Her Eyes, and it's sooooo good. Enjoy your spoils; this is super exciting. Congrats on your win!
Profile Image
Thank you. There is a really good mix of books arriving. So exciting!
Profile Image
Thank you Bookfrogster for the book and tea!

I got the book Couching Buzzard, Leaping Loon by Donna Andrews http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12825720

It was so lovely to come home and have a surprise book parcel waiting for me. :)
Profile Image
You're welcome!
Profile Image
I've received -

from Lubiette - At Bertram's Hotel by Agatha Christie and Watchman by Ian Rankin, along with a lovely selection of Greek saffron tea. Thank you very much, I can't wait to try those flavours.

from Motherof11 - Poisoned Prose, Written in Stone and Murder in the Paperback Parlour, a handmade bookmark and a lovely selection of flavoured tea.

I'm feeling very spoiled and it's so lovely to be receiving a whole bunch of books I've not read before.
Profile Image
.....to know that I intend to pass my offerings to you when I see you next month. I'm guessing you'll have plenty of books and tea to keep you going until then ;-)
Profile Image
Excellent plan. It will be a struggle to wait until then, but I'll do the best I can. LOL. ;-)
Profile Image
I've received

From Soozreader - Sweet Death, Kind Death by Amanda Cross (well done Soozreader for remembering I've been tracking these down to read!) and a selection of flavoured Nordquist tea which I really like.

From Sakirmo - A Guilty Thing Surprised by Ruth Rendell and more tasty flavoured tea.

Thank you very much for your excellent choices!
Profile Image
Thank yous to

Kirjakko - for Ordeal by Innocence by Agatha Christie and a selection of lovely flavoured tea.

Yorkshire-lass - for The Taxidermist's Daughter by Kate Mosse (very excited to read something by her again, don't know why I've left it so long) and some lovely Assam and Breakfast tea and a Lindt Melting Moment - Yum!

I meant to say how much I've been enjoying the different postcards people have been enclosing with their books too. :-)
Profile Image
I'm mailing my parcel tomorrow, had some trouble finding a book. I hope you're not running out of books meanwhile.. ;D
Profile Image
Fortunately a bookring has just arrived to keep me going. ;-)
Profile Image
...with Bookfrogster today, so my parcel has also been handed over now.

I'd better work out where we are up to and update the list!
Profile Image
I've received

From bookworm-lady - Classic Agatha Christie Death on the Nile with a selection of tea.

From Anathema-device - A Crime in the Neighbourhood by Suzanne Berne and a selection of tea.

From Cassandra2020 - Hand in Glove by Ngaio Marsh, Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen, tea and some chocolate hearts.

Thank you all, you're wonderful. :-)
Profile Image
I received a truly generous package from Bluewuzl containing Shades of Earl Grey by Laura Childs, LOTS of different teas to try, a lovely blue and white checked tea towel, three bookmarks including a handmade one with a frog charm, Lindor chocs and a pack of tissues. Thank you for your kindness!
Profile Image
I received "I See You" by Claire Mackintosh and a lovely selection of flavoured tea. This is definitely one of the best sweeps to win. :-)
Profile Image
Sorry Bookfrogster, mine isn't even in the mail as yet.
I got held up this week with house renovations and haven't even started on the book that I want to read before sending it to you.
I'll try and catch up over the weekend, but I know you'll love the theme of this particular book, so rather than me just jam something random in the mail to you, I'll ask that you wait a little longer for your tea party package from me - which will also contain the (read) Wishlist Tag book that I owe you too.
Sorry for being a bit (or a lot) crap!
Profile Image
Thanks for updating me J4Shaw and don't worry, I have one or two books to keep me occupied until yours arrives. ;-)
Profile Image
I received Property of Blood by Magdalen Nabb and lots of lovely Finnish tea. Thank you very much. This is another author who is new to me, which has been one of the lovely thing about this sweeps. :-)
Profile Image
S is for Silence by Sue Grafton has arrived safely with some tasty tea. It actually arrived the same day as the snow, so this is my first internet access since the end of last week!
Profile Image
I received The Dark Lake by Gemma Woodstock, an Aussie writer who is new to me. A lovely mixture of different tea including Library tea :-), some BC labels and a delicious smelling soap. There was the added bonus of a book for the wishlist tag game too. Best Monday ever!

Thanks very much everyone for all the ace parcels.

I will probably sort out the next round of this sweeps at the weekend.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.