corner corner Closed - INTL RABCK SWEEPSTAKES - DECEMBER-JANUARY

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Closed - INTL RABCK SWEEPSTAKES - DECEMBER-JANUARY

Hello everybody! :)

I won the August - September 2017 International RABCK Sweepstakes , and so this is my turn to host... a bit late as I have been waiting for everything to arrive. I am excited with what I have received so far, and I know some of you are eager for the next round. So, no more delay.

Here are the usual rules (shamelessly copied from the last round):

1. Post here to enter.

2. PM me with your mailing details and please put 'International RABCK Sweepstake" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I'll draw two names, one winner and one decoy, the first week of January. I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You are expected to send a book to the winner/decoy. If you don't think you will be able to send a book, please do not enter. It is unfair to the other participants if you only send a postcard (or nothing at all) when you expect everyone else to send a book if you are the winner. Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send internationally.

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue! And please don't post here the name of the winner!

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got. If books are journaled but no posts here, please let me know, and we will choose a new winner.

7. The winner will host the next competition of the draw (February - March). If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let's keep this sweepstakes going! :)

Participants:

Harobed82 (France) - Received
lauraloo29 (Canada) - Received
bookwormess (Finland) - Received
Annimanni (Finland) - Received
bookfrogster (UK) - DECOY - Received
Bookworm-lady (Spain) - Received -WINNER
sakirmo (Finland) - Received
Soozreader (Finland) - Received
Ann1244 (USA) -Received

Send only:
mcsar (Canada)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello everybody! :)

I won the August - September 2017 International RABCK Sweepstakes , and so this is my turn to host... a bit late as I have been waiting for everything to arrive. I am excited with what I have received so far, and I know some of you are eager for the next round. So, no more delay.

Here are the usual rules (shamelessly copied from the last round):

1. Post here to enter.

2. PM me with your mailing details and please put 'International RABCK Sweepstake" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I'll draw two names, one winner and one decoy, the first week of January. I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You are expected to send a book to the winner/decoy. If you don't think you will be able to send a book, please do not enter. It is unfair to the other participants if you only send a postcard (or nothing at all) when you expect everyone else to send a book if you are the winner. Please remember that this is an international sweepstakes, so you will be expected to send internationally.

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM, it's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue! And please don't post here the name of the winner!

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got. If books are journaled but no posts here, please let me know, and we will choose a new winner.

7. The winner will host the next competition of the draw (February - March). If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let's keep this sweepstakes going! :)

Participants:

Harobed82 (France) - Received
lauraloo29 (Canada) - Received
bookwormess (Finland) - Received
Annimanni (Finland) - Received
bookfrogster (UK) - DECOY - Received
Bookworm-lady (Spain) - Received -WINNER
sakirmo (Finland) - Received
Soozreader (Finland) - Received
Ann1244 (USA) -Received

Send only:
mcsar (Canada)
Profile Image

First! ;)

I'm PMing you! :)
Profile Image
Sending you a PM
Profile Image
PM will follow. :)
Profile Image

Welcome.

You are all in.
Profile Image

I'll join!

PM on its way. I'm in Finland.
Profile Image

Bump.

Profile Image

Another bump.

Profile Image
PM on the way.
Profile Image
Pming you now... :)
Profile Image

All in.

Profile Image
This is a great way to begin your year. Join us.
Profile Image

Ok

The winner isn't getting enough books just yet, so I'll play too :)
Profile Image
PM will be on its way soon :)
Profile Image
PM will follow
Profile Image
Welcome to bookcrossing.
Profile Image
All in.
Profile Image
Bumping back to the top.
Profile Image

Last call.

I'll close and send PM tonight.
Profile Image
Thanks everyone for playing. We have 9 players and 1 send only, so the lucky winner will be getting 9 books and sending a book to the decoy.

PMs been sent. Please let me know if you do not get one. And now I will have a look at my shelves...
Profile Image
PM received, thanks!

I'm leaving for a week's vacation early tomorrow morning and don't have time to run to the post office today, so my book will be a bit delayed. Apologies in advance!
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay again.
Profile Image
Posted today :)
Profile Image

Mailed

yesterday.
Profile Image
Congrats to the winner... and enjoy! :)
Profile Image
Congratulations to the winner 8)
Profile Image
Thanks for sending a thriller which seems quite interesting, and the cutest magnetic bookmark.

"Bone Thief", by Thomas O'Callaghan
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14543371/

I have received two parcels so far... so I think I am a winner! (Jumping up and down with joy!)
Profile Image
Thanks for sending this WishList book:

"The Bridesmaid", by Ruth Rendell
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14707990/

I love Ms Rendell's novels, and this book has been in my WishList for some time now...

Thanks for the loveliest kitty postcard, and assorted chocolates from your travels... :)
Profile Image
Thank you very much for sending me "Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon" by Donna Andrews, Bookworm-lady.
The book I want to send you is finally in my hands so will be winging it's way to you shortly!
Congratulations on winning. :-)
Profile Image
Congratulations to both winner and decoy!
Profile Image
Your book has arrived:

"The Coming of Winter", by David Adams Richards
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8151368/

I will give it a go, though it is not something I would have picked myself.
Thank you for sending it all the way from Canada! :)
Profile Image
Thanks for sending a WishList book I am really looking forward to reading:

"The Monogram Murders", by Sophie Hannah
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14070197/

I am really curious about this re-rendition of Agatha Christie's Poirot... let's see what I make of it.
Thanks for the beautiful Vespa postcard and Vivien Leigh bookmark, and the assorted bags of tea, which I find very intriguing and will start sampling today... nothing better than a nice cup of tea after lunch.
Thank you, you have been brilliant! :)
Profile Image
Thanks for sending a book that I think I will enjoy, based on my previous experiences with this writer:

"Ten Big Ones", by Janet Evanovich
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14869982/

"Punchy, saucy and stacks of fun. I'm hooked!" reads in the back cover. It sounds just like what I need at the time.

Thanks for the beautiful postcard too... Good choice! :)
Profile Image
Book mailed to winner

LZ681914529US
Profile Image
Thanks for an intriguing book... but being a psychological triller, I am sure I will enjoy it!

"Crazy Think", by E.W. Summers
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11213911/

Thank you for the spooky-ghost envelope, which certainly made me smile, and the most beautiful handmade bookmark... you have been a star! :)
Profile Image
Thanks for sending a WishList book to me:

"Broken", by Karin Slaughter
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14881135/

And thanks for your kind words and froggie-covered envelope, which made me smile. :)
Profile Image
You are welcome!
Profile Image
Your book has arrived, together with a bookmark and friendly note:

"The Cat who could Read Backwards", by Lilian Jackson Braun
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14856202/

This is a series I love, as you have already guessed; so thank you very much! :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.