corner corner 2018 Oppem's Birthday Group Thank you's and more!

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

2018 Oppem's Birthday Group Thank you's and more!

This is the place to thank the generous people that have sent you a birthday surprise.
I know that some gifts are in the mail so I decided to go ahead and start this thread now.

Remember that everyone should send Birthday good wishes to as many people as they are comfortable with (I know the list is quite long & none of us will be able to send to all, but that said - we should all send to some on the list).

Everyone should journal any kindness they receive personally(at least journal any books they receive) & also journal on this thread. That way we can all share in the fun....

Thanks to all and Happy Birthday's!

FINAL LIST OF 38 PLAYERS:

January
9-Erishkigal (USA)
15-MissMarkey (UK)
31-bethieb (USA)

February
3-OPPEM (send a random RABCK to someone/wild release a book in her memory)
10-dark-draco (UK)
11-LadyIndigo (Australia)

March
2-rubyrebel (USA)
24-T_richardson_x (UK)
26-MargaridaPires (Portugal)

April
19-LittleWhiteBird (USA)(please message bookstogive before sending)

May
8-Lamilla (Belarus)
9-Bookworm-lady (Spain)
16-mcsar(CAN)
27-NatalieC7 (England)(Moving June 14 check for address)

June
8-Barbieq233 (USA)
25-heartthumper (USA)
30-thegoaliegirl (USA)

July
3-Brookler (CAN)
5-lauraloo29 (CAN)
18-bamaforever (USA)
20-HI77 (USA)
28-Cfreckle (UK)(postal code is: S6 5RA)

August
1-alexiapapa (Greece)
2-nmugirl (USA)
27-T02S03B11D20 (USA)
28-etherea (USA)

September
14-J4shaw (USA)(moving this year)(message bookstogive for address)
17-keeta1 (NZ)
29-kiwiinengland (NZ)

October
5-carelaisa (CAN)
19-bookwormess (FIN)
23-elizardbreath (USA)
24-tomato68 (USA)
26-Meekachu07 (USA)(zip code 55106)
27-Poodlesister (UK)

November
29-tabby-cat-owner (USA)

December
7-eponine38 (USA)
13-Southernfryed (USA)

Complete Thread

1 2 3 4 5 Next 

Profile Image
This is the place to thank the generous people that have sent you a birthday surprise.
I know that some gifts are in the mail so I decided to go ahead and start this thread now.

Remember that everyone should send Birthday good wishes to as many people as they are comfortable with (I know the list is quite long & none of us will be able to send to all, but that said - we should all send to some on the list).

Everyone should journal any kindness they receive personally(at least journal any books they receive) & also journal on this thread. That way we can all share in the fun....

Thanks to all and Happy Birthday's!

FINAL LIST OF 38 PLAYERS:

January
9-Erishkigal (USA)
15-MissMarkey (UK)
31-bethieb (USA)

February
3-OPPEM (send a random RABCK to someone/wild release a book in her memory)
10-dark-draco (UK)
11-LadyIndigo (Australia)

March
2-rubyrebel (USA)
24-T_richardson_x (UK)
26-MargaridaPires (Portugal)

April
19-LittleWhiteBird (USA)(please message bookstogive before sending)

May
8-Lamilla (Belarus)
9-Bookworm-lady (Spain)
16-mcsar(CAN)
27-NatalieC7 (England)(Moving June 14 check for address)

June
8-Barbieq233 (USA)
25-heartthumper (USA)
30-thegoaliegirl (USA)

July
3-Brookler (CAN)
5-lauraloo29 (CAN)
18-bamaforever (USA)
20-HI77 (USA)
28-Cfreckle (UK)(postal code is: S6 5RA)

August
1-alexiapapa (Greece)
2-nmugirl (USA)
27-T02S03B11D20 (USA)
28-etherea (USA)

September
14-J4shaw (USA)(moving this year)(message bookstogive for address)
17-keeta1 (NZ)
29-kiwiinengland (NZ)

October
5-carelaisa (CAN)
19-bookwormess (FIN)
23-elizardbreath (USA)
24-tomato68 (USA)
26-Meekachu07 (USA)(zip code 55106)
27-Poodlesister (UK)

November
29-tabby-cat-owner (USA)

December
7-eponine38 (USA)
13-Southernfryed (USA)
Profile Image
This is the earliest birthday present I've ever received! A lovely card and a bookcrossing pen. I didn't realise it was for the Birthday group until I'd opened it.
Profile Image
I am still keeping the master list of books that are being sent to people for their birthday so if you want to let me know what you are sending or double check if a book is already spoken for send me a pm.

This has worked great for the past couple of years to limit the number of duplicates people may get.
Profile Image
Three packages arrived today:
From. Carelaia- all the fabulous stamps are already exciting!
From. Winnipeg
And from nigiri — what fun!! Your ingenuity keeps us all Smiling!

THANK YOU
Profile Image

I'm thinking autocorrect here? It's usually nmugirl who comes up with the most creative gifts. :)
Profile Image

I'm thinking autocorrect here? It's usually nmugirl who comes up with the most creative gifts. :)

Goddess forbid I should get everything right ~~ lol

autocorrect = 🤬
Profile Image

Goddess forbid I should get everything right ~~ lol

autocorrect = 🤬

Not criticizing; I just thought it was funny - and I have no objections to nigiri, as long as the ingredients are good. :D

(And I give up - I tried 3 different browsers & I still have no idea what characters you're using at the subject line. All I get is a box with a question mark in it. I was able to see the one you used for autocorrect on my iPod - cute!)
Profile Image
I sent out my first gifts today too. :-)
Profile Image
I am glad that your package arrived. My first birthday gift of the year so you were my first dry run to see if I could be successful. The lady at the post office as gotten used to my weird mailings but I think she is more excited than I am when I mail things.
Profile Image
nothing is wrong except I am behind on my mail outs! Not sure why. But I will catch up. :)
Profile Image
will be here ...

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/548924

or
we can continue as we were ....

;)
Profile Image
Had the lurgy for weeks and haven't been able to get out to the post office yet!!

I'll post stuff as soon as I can.
Profile Image
Even though I wasn't participating this year you still remembered to send me a card with some BC supplies, what a lovely surprise :)
Profile Image
You are very welcome. Hope they come in handy.
Profile Image
I just had a very happy evening opening everything from the BC Birthday Group and am well chuffed with everything. Have journalled the books and will put a list up here shortly for you all to see.
Many Thanks again. This group really does make your birthday extra special.
Profile Image
for the wonderful wishlist book , card, and bc supplies
Profile Image
I am just back from the trip of a lifetime, in Yellowstone National Park in the Winter! I left here the 3rd of Jan. back home Tues, and picked up mail at the PO yesterday~~ so much BC generosity! Currently my living room is strewn with cards, notes labels, books~ even a pedometer! And I have paws!!!

I'll get the books journalled asap, and thank yous to each of you, probably just a few at a time, as with a show rapidly approaching and having just taken 2 weeks off, I'm going to be working double time and then some!

But I wanted you all to know I'm not ignoring your wonderfulness and that I am super appreciative of every one of you!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Profile Image

Hi again

In no particular order I should like to thank the following for making my 60th birthday so fandabidozey:-
J4shaw for some purple maple and some blue maple seeds. Are these trees?
Can't wait to see if I can grow them.
Poodlesister for the perfect book for me - Carol Klein's 'Grow Your Own Veg', some great bc labels and a very apt card!
tabby cat owner for a beautiful hand made card and 3 children's books for my students.
bookwormess for a really lovely card with roses on and some bc labels.
the goaliegirl for a card, a postcard showing the most beautiful scene from a location near her (I now want to go there), some bc labels and a bookmark.
nmugirl for a card, a lovely turtle bookmark and some airhead candy (Nnw eaten! )
barbieq233 for a card, bc labels and a bookmark.
carelaisa for a card, a bookmark, a selection of teabags, some bc labels, some Oppems birthday group labels (I love these) and a postcard of Quebec. What a lot!
Lamilla for a lovely card with tulips on - they are my favourite flower.
bethieb for a card, bc post its, a bookmark and a book for my students called Pete the Cat, Scuba Cat. Brilliant.
LittleWhiteBird for a lovely card.
southernfryed for a card and some bc labels.
hyphen8 for a card, a really great selection of bc labels, a pack of BC post it's, a Happy Birthday balloon and a wishlist book 'The Woman Who Walked In Sunshine'. What a fabulous parcel.
darkdraco for a card, two books; England, Our England by Alan Titchmarsh and Harry Hill's Bumper Book of Bloopers, 2 balls of sparkly wool, a homemade notebook, a Lindor chocolate and a lollipop. Wow, bumper package indeed.
Thank you all so much, every envelope was a pleasure to open, every bookcrossing name remembered for their kindness. Postage is not cheap these days and I appreciate everything you have all been able to send me to make my birthday fantastic. Oppem started something very special. Thanks to bookstogive for carrying on with this bc tradition.

Profile Image

RE: Hi again

J4shaw for some purple maple and some blue maple seeds. Are these trees?

You are very welcome!
I thought they looked amazing! I hope they came with insrtuctions and pictures?
Please keep me updated with their growing process!

Here are the links to them:

Blue Japanese Maple Bonsai Acer Seeds
https://ae01.alicdn.com/---/100-Real-Japanese-Ghost-Blue-Maple-Tree-Bonsai-Seeds-10-Seeds-Pack-Acer-palmatum-atropurpureum-Bonsai.jpg

Purple Ghost Acer Palmatum Japanese Maple Tree Seeds
https://ae01.alicdn.com/---/100-wahre-Japanischen-Lila-Ahorn-Bonsai-baum-G-nstige-Samen-20-Samen-Pack-sehr-Sch-ne.jpg

Profile Image
No, no pictures or instructions but I know how to plant a seed. I will let you know what happens.
Profile Image

RE: Hi again

hyphen8 for a card

Did you spot your BC name on the card? :)
Profile Image
Oh yes, that's very clever. Took a while but then I saw it.
Profile Image
For the wishlist book A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, my first birthday present of the year! :D

Profile Image
Thank you to LadyIndigo for a birthday postcard showing Dani Poon's Year Of The Rooster design.
Thank you to Erishkigal for a gorgeous card and a lovely cat picture.( Tiggy was a tabby cat).
Profile Image
thank you, bookwormess for the delightful package ~~the bouqet of roses card, travelling art card, and the salty licorice~~YUM! The first one I popped in my mouth was quite a surprise~~ I wasn't expecting menthol along with licorice and salt! But I have a cold, so it's perfect! And tasty, too :) I also love the stamps~

elizardbreath~~thank you for the Western card and enclosed release stickers. And THANK YOU for giving me paws!!

J4Shaw~~many thanks for this fun and fabulous package chock full of teas and BC supplies! The cocoa and chili tea is so unusual and out-of-the-box I expect I'll try that one really soon out of extreme curiosity!

barbieq233~~thank you for the most adorable card,labels, and stickers. The Guide Dog puppies are unbelievably cute!!

MissMarkey~I love the beautiful Degas card~ and the bookcrossing pen~what fun!! Thank You!

Profile Image
J4Shaw~~many thanks for this fun and fabulous package chock full of teas and BC supplies! The cocoa and chili tea is so unusual and out-of-the-box I expect I'll try that one really soon out of extreme curiosity!

Glad it arrived intact.
I used some of my own tea collection as well as some that were hotel room acquired.
Cocoa and chili tea is what I live on when I’ve got a cold and have cut out caffeine - not sure if it’s a myth but I’ve always believed caffeine slows down your immune system in getting over a cold.
Profile Image
You are very welcome, glad you liked it.
Profile Image

What an adorable kitty note, mcsar🐾And what an amazing box~~stamps for rabcks , stickers, “I brake for wild books” for my bumper, and a wished-for pedometer~~ Wow!!Thank you!!!

Thank you, Poodlesister, for a pair of wonderful wishlist books, ‘Chosen by a Horse’ and ‘the sequel ‘Chosen Forever.’ Perfect, given my love of equines. Also a gorgeous card of Beacon Hill and assorted labels 😊 Love!!

Thank you, carelaisa~~ One Good Story, That One looks wonderful, and I’ m excited to read it! I. I love Coyote tales!
And many thanks for everything: magnetic bookmark, teas, labels, Birthday group stickers~~ it’s all wonderful, including all the great stamps you used 😍

Thanks to all with stamps on the envelopes~~~I collect them for the Sisters of the Holy Cross, and they use the funds generated to help with refugee resettlement( very active here).

And two more books from hyphen8~~ a wishlist book, Redshirts, and one that should have been, Code Talker—😉
And so much more,too— a card to color, labels, a birthday balloon, and a packet of ‘Free Book’ sticky notes to encourage more wild releasing—wheee— Thank You, hyphen8!
Profile Image
for an early birthday surprise--One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner, a book on my wishlist. As one of the May birthday gals, I never thought I would be posting my thank you in January. This is the earliest birthday present I have ever received. Thank you so much.
Profile Image
Thank you so much for my goodies. The chocolate was awesome, the socks are warm and comfy. I love the card too, the flowers on the front make me think of spring.
Profile Image
Tabby-cat-owner~~ many thanks for two amazing books “The Shaman and the Water Serpent” and “How Jackrabbit Got His Long Ears” in brand-new condition ~~ absolutely perfect for the Sundance Wopila! Also for the Brews and Bros coaster and the super-cute card!

Lauraloo29– thank you so much for “Fisherman of the Inland Sea!” LeGuin has been my hero for nigh on 50 years, and I am thrilled to receive this wishlist book!

Thank you, goalie girl— “On A Hoof and A Prayer” hasSoutherbfryed been on my wishlist awhile, and I am so excited to get it!!! And thanks for the bookmark and stickers too🙂i

Southern fryed ~~ thank you for the very cute “Chocolate Lovers” mini book~~ such a dangerous book... after perusing, I immediately crave CHOCOLATE :)

And Thank You to bethieb for the wishlist mystery “Burning Precinct Puerto Rico.” And also for the card, stickers, and fabulous Rita Mae Brown bookmark!

And last but certainly not least, a big Thank You to Little White Bird who sent SEVEN children’s books about Native American Nations, ranging from the Inuit to the Mayan! Thank you!
Profile Image
And last but certainly not least, a big Thank You to Little White Bird who sent SEVEN children’s books about Native American Nations, ranging from the Inuit to the Mayan! Thank you!

I believe you've journalled the ones I've sent you as well
Profile Image
I believe you've journalled the ones I've sent you as well

I have; mea culpa, mea culpa-~~ I’m so sorry,Lamilla. As I was driving home from work tonight, listening to a bit of ‘Kiss of Death’, I suddenly wondered if I had thanked you~~ got online and see that I hadn’t. (Is there an emoji for hanging one’s head in shame?)

Lamilla generously sent this Whovian two Who tales~~ the aforementioned audiobook, and ‘The Feast of the Dampned’ of standard eye-reading variety~~ I was so ready to start listening right away that I foolishly separated them from the others. I now know better; as I went through making the list, these weren’t there, and my addlepated memory forgot to include them 😪. Also included were four book baggies. I LOVE the ‘Dear Finder’ message on them~~ is that new? Or just on European versions? None I have ever ordered included that.

This is a wonderful package~ thank you, Lamilla!
Profile Image
To eponine38 for “The Beryllium Murders”~~ love that this series features an older woman/woman scientist as the protagonist!!Thank You!!!! And thanks also for the card and labels 😊

And to T Richardson x for “The White Mirror,” the sequel to the wonderful “ Jade Dragon Mountain”~~ I’m psyched! Thank you!!!!
Profile Image
Posted in UK but from Wellington New Zealand! So I'm guessing , Thanks Kiwiinengland!
Profile Image
For the book, Berserk by Ally Kennen, the handmade card, the bookmarks and the chocolate!! :D
Profile Image
For the wishlist book The Good Women of China by Xinran, three little chocolate bars with various yummy contents (and which I have eaten on the basis they might be past their best by my birthday), a birthday card and a pen from Twickenham.
Profile Image
I sent a wishlist book to Clairby11xxx in memory of Oppem

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14850228

Profile Image
Thanks to Meekachu, who sent two boxes (!) of Earl Grey, so I have caffeine in the morn and decaf at night 🙂 and also a variety of craft brewery label/ stickers and coasters—love them! And to round out the box, a darling many-varieties-of-kitties bookmark! Thank you, Meekachu!!!
Profile Image
Thank you, t_richardson_x, for the fruity birthday wishes and three coloring greeting cards with envelopes! (No "warning" on the outside, so I opened the envelope :) )
Profile Image
For sending me Innocent Traitor and some BC supplies in memory of Oppem, very kind of you :)
Profile Image
I've been at the hospital for a week with my mom, but my brother arrived yesterday to give me a rest. I've spent part of the morning opening envelopes and packages and am only 2/3 through! I'm taking it slow so that...hopefully...I won't forget to thank anyone. As usual, the generosity of BCer's is amazing! I'll be back soon to make thanks to everyone individually.
Profile Image
Lamilla - Thank you for the pretty tulip card, the Ballycumber stickers, international labels and all the cool postage stamps on the envelope!

tabby-cat-owner - Thanks for the box of books for the LFL's and the moon and stars card! We're having a super blue moon tonight. :-) "The Princess and the Frog", "The Endless Steppe", "The Slave Dancer", "The Nest", "Kate Shelley and the Midnight Express", "Emil and His Clever Pig", and "The School for Cats".

LadyIndigo - Thank you for the notes and hankies. I have to wonder about their lives too. I also love the koala art card, the Valentine's stickers and the cool postage stamps. Santa golfing!

lauraloo29 - Thank you for the wish list book, "Motif for Murder", the card and labels. I'm looking forward to the chance to read this soon.

MissMarkey - Thanks for the beautiful Degas card and the BC ink pen! I didn't even know they had them!

tomato68 - Thank you for the B-day Girl card, the bookmark and the BC labels, especially the Lucas card. I feel as if I'm watching him grow up. :-)

rubyrebel - The rainbow sheep card gave me a good laugh! Thank you for thinking of me.

carelaisa - Your package just kept on giving! Thank you for the teen book for the LFL, "Whispers at Moonrise", the artsy shoe card, the snowflake bookmark, the b-day group labels, BC labels, tea, the Quebec postcard and loads of cool postage stamps. (My husband ran off with the tea and the stamps.)

hyphen8 - Thanks for the light-up balloon. Neat idea! Also for the kaleidoscope card - I found my name! - the "I'm not lost!" post-it notes and lots of BC labels.

elizardbreath - Thank you for the WINGS and the pretty orchid card!

Poodlesister - Thanks for the wish list books, "50 Simple Things You Can Do to Fight the Right". I've matched it with its label. It's going to be very popular with my husband too. Thanks also for the postcards with the BCID's, the lily card, tons of BC labels, the BC stickers and the Ladybird books postage stamps.

LittleWhiteBird - Thank you for all the books for the LFL's! "The Serpents Trail", "Our National Symbols", "We the People", "Kwaku a Boy of Ghana", and "Magic Eye 3".

Southernfryed - Thanks for the BC labels (always needed!), the Hello card, and the eclipse postage stamp. My town was the point of greatest totality, and I've used a bunch of the stamps but never received one...until your's.

mcsar - First off...thank you for the tiny cat card! It's adorable! :-) Thank you also for the two books, "Line of Control" and "Dear Dumb Diary - Am I the Princess or the Frog?" and the BC labels for kid's books.

There are more thanks to give, but I have to sleep now. I'm such a party girl!!! :-)
Profile Image
There's a book in transit too...original ETA was 1/29 but obviously that's not happening. :(
Profile Image
There's a book in transit too...original ETA was 1/29 but obviously that's not happening. :(

Thank you! I enjoy the ones who show up when I think the fun is over. :-)
Profile Image
Your book shaped parcel arrived today and I thought I would be able to keep it wrapped until my birthday but when I heard that it made a rattling noise when picked it up I had to have a peek to make sure there was nothing that might go off before July ;)
So thank you for your lovely card and message, the books - Tea House on Mulberry Street by Sharon Owen, and Pandora in the Congo by Albert Sanchez Pinol, (I shall look forward to reading them) the decaff coffee (which I discovered was the case of the rattling noise!) and a block of dark chocolate turkish delightful truffle. It's very kind of you and sorry I didn't manage to keep it closed until my birthday!!!
Profile Image
Thank you to :-
mcsar for a card, bc labels, some wool, and a book' Dear Dumb Diary.'
lauraloo for a card and some bc labels.
elizardbreath for a card and wings for a month. Many thanks. I love to have wings.
T_Richardson for a card and 3 large balls of wool. Great for yarnbombing.
KiwiinEngland for a massive parcel containing 4 lots of chocolates, including a Lindor caramel seasalt one that I didn't even know existed!, and 4 books. Thank you so much.
Also one of the above included a great little notebook that I started using immediately and then forgot which bcer sent it so a special thank you for that.
Cheers everybody.
Profile Image

Lindor

KiwiinEngland for a massive parcel containing 4 lots of chocolates, including a Lindor caramel seasalt one that I didn't even know existed!.

Well that is interesting, that you hadn't seen that particular flavour before. I bought it at my local New Zealand supermarket....perhaps they try out new flavours on the colonies to see how popular they are!
Profile Image
Thank you to :-
lauraloo for a card and some bc labels.
Also one of the above included a great little notebook that I started using immediately and then forgot which bcer sent it so a special thank you for that.
Cheers everybody.

That was me. I also thought I sent some yarn.........
Profile Image
eponine38 - Thank you for the wish list book, "Tale of Holly How". I've wanted calming books lately, and I believe this will be perfect! Thanks also for the other goodies - a beautiful floral card, b-day napkin, a Walt Disney quote bookmark, and a precious Peter Rabbit bookmark.

thegoaliegirl - Thank you for the Brickcon bookmark, b-day card, Ballycumber stickers, and the wish list book, "Orange is the New Black". I've been interested in it since it first came out. I think it's due to my criminology degree. :-)

Barbieq233 - Thanks for the beautiful bicycle card! Also for the BC bookmark, stickers and the mandala label.

dark-draco - Your package was full of surprises! Thanks for the wish list book, "Dead Scared", the puppy card, loads of labels, the heart lollypop, the BC stickers, and the "Keep Calm and Release a Book" notepad.

T_richardson_x - Thanks for the cake postcard and "Peaches for Monsieur Le Cure" from my wish list. I love Joanne Harris books. They always make me hungry.

Erishkigal - Thank you for the envelope full of Valentine supplies and covered with neat stamps! I'm sure they will inspire me. I also love the Yellowstone bison postcard. We have an Elk and Bison Prairie near us, and I always enjoy driving through and seeing them up close. I have to admit envy over your trip but am happy you were able to have the opportunity! It had to be amazing.

keeta1 - Thank you for "Hidden Figures" from my wish list. I know it will be inspiring. Thanks also for the other goodies - the Langston Hughes postcard, labels, bookmark and the cupcake card.

bookwormess - "Guinea Pigs Online Christmas Quest" arrived just today along with BC labels, a pretty rose card, and an envelope covered with cool postage stamps. Thank you! I love the packages which show up when I don't expect them.

I think I've covered everything. If I've missed anyone, let me know and I'll check on it. Thank you all again for making my day (week!) so special. It shouldn't be this much fun to turn 55!
Profile Image
[ It shouldn't be this much fun to turn 55!]

Of course it should!
Profile Image
[ It shouldn't be this much fun to turn 55!]

Of course it should!

Of course you're right! :-)
Profile Image
just a quick note to let you know lots of envelopes have arrived - most have do not open on them, and a couple i have guessed are for this group so they also remain unopened... maybe not for long ...

and

2 books (which i have taken off my wishlist)
anna krien - night games
anne holt - the final murder
both from betterworld maybe - i've already reused/recycled one of the plastic envelopes - anyhow the senders now know they are here

happy february

;)
Profile Image
apologies for not updating here sooner - life has gotten in the way as it does

i might wait now until i have the final mail of this week to do a proper update (sorry not feeling so jolly birthdayish just now) - there were a couple more envelopes in today's mail, so i'll do them all in one go

see you for a birthday party in a couple of sleeps

;)
just a quick note to let you know lots of envelopes have arrived - most have do not open on them, and a couple i have guessed are for this group so they also remain unopened... maybe not for long ...

and

2 books (which i have taken off my wishlist)
anna krien - night games
anne holt - the final murder
both from betterworld maybe - i've already reused/recycled one of the plastic envelopes - anyhow the senders now know they are here

happy february

;)

Profile Image
Your gift arrived today! I think he took the scenic route, but he's in good shape.
Profile Image
Thank you to Margarida Pires for a card, a book mark, some bc labels and some chocolate coins. Am eating them now :)
Profile Image
an envelope from nmugirl and a book shaped parcel from United Kingdom (which didn't have any indication that is from this group. Did anyone of you sent it?)
Profile Image
an envelope from nmugirl and a book shaped parcel from United Kingdom (which didn't have any indication that is from this book. Did anyone of you sent it?)

That may have been me, I thought I had labelled the outside bx birthday group and put an NZ return address. But it was a quick trip half way around the world I was probably about 8 time zones out of kilter so who knows what I managed to achieve.

If it's in a plastic wrap with selloutape and a multiple coloured address...save it for your birthday.
Profile Image
This year the birthday frenzy started early! :D Went to post office to pick up a larger package and wondered what it is. After carefully inspecting the outsides for hints I decided to open it, it was a birthday present! It really really brightened my day as I went to post office after my dentist appointment...

Thank you for the quite amazing books, two young adult novels about the holocaust. Most of the books of the subject look quite intense so I'm happy to receive something "easier to read".

And thank you for the quite appropriate bookmark (a kitten with text "I'll keep your place") and the chocolates (my sweet tooth appreciates, but my dentist doesn't).
Profile Image
for the wishlist book The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14592642
and a birthday card. My first present of the year!
Profile Image
The book, "Amy and Isabelle" arrived the same day as your funny "when cake goes bad" card and all the BC labels. Man, can I use labels! The Jungle bookmark is wonderful too. I've never seen one like it. Thanks for everything!
Profile Image
The first-day-Issue maxi card has arrived😊 and I love it!! The indigenerous art is beautiful, and inspiring. And of course sent me off to learn a little about the Pukumani poles ( an extra thanks for sending links!)
I also found myself quite taken with Marika’s
Guyamala 2000. Thank you for sharing these with me!!!
Profile Image
The first-day-Issue maxi card has arrived😊 and I love it!! The indigenerous art is beautiful, and inspiring. And of course sent me off to learn a little about the Pukumani poles ( an extra thanks for sending links!)
I also found myself quite taken with Marika’s
Guyamala 2000. Thank you for sharing these with me!!!

that took a long time to arrive - i'd sent you a pm with a link to the stamp release on 16 january, which was nearly 2 weeks after i had posted it

oh well at least it is there
and had given you a new group of artists to investigate!

happy days
;)
Profile Image
For the two adult coloring books with beautiful pictures some of which featuring my favorite (owls) too :-) - Whimsical Woodland Creatures and Sanctuary Adult Coloring Book and also the Captivating Crosswords. I really appreciate it and am sorry my thank you is a bit late.
Profile Image
Your lovely b-day card arrived in Kentucky and gave me the happy boost I needed. I would love to sit on that porch forever! Thank you also for the teas. I normal share those with my husband, but I haven't felt well for a week and have also been very busy with family emergencies. The "stress less" tea sounds like just what I need!
Profile Image
Oops, no it’s the Tardis :). After much travelling through time and space, the Blue Box has finally figured out where Utah is, and has landed safely on my doorstep! And not only are The Doctor and Rose inside (The Nightmare of Black Island), also a fabulous plethora of labels (( including two of the largest I’ve ever seen!), a lovely little felt dove, a lollipop,small notepad with a ‘keep calm and release a book’ sticker, a flower bookmark, and a beautiful birthday card featuring one of Stubbs’ exquisite horses!
Thank You, dark-Draco!!!!!!!!!!!
Profile Image
I have had such fun opening them all yesterday morning ....

Southernfryed for 'Case Histories' by Kate Atkinson and the bookmark.

Lamilla for 'Evil Seed' by Joanne Harris

Poodlesister for 'Monsters in the Closet' by Karen Rose and 'Chosen by a Horse' by Susan Richards, plus release bags, stickers and some postcards.

Eponine38 for 'The Surgeon' by Tess Gerritsen and the stickers.

Betheib for the very much appreciated geocaching supplies - just in time for a maintenance run on one of my series :)

TabbyCatOwner for the postacards.

T_Richardson_X for 'Tales of the Slayer' a Buffy graphic novel and 'The Girl With All The Gifts' by MR Carey

kiwiinengland for 'Troy' by David Gemmell, plus lots of mini chocolate bars, BC stickers and a lovely long letter.

nmugirl for the card, bookmark and massive chewy sweet!

Barbieq233 for the card, BC stickers and bookmark.

Carelaisa for the tea, labels, stickers and postcards.

bookwormess for the amazing sachets of hot chocolate and two interesting flavours of chocolate bar!

MargaidaPires for the chocolates, BC labels, mini shampoo and the cute angry bird candles.

thegoaliegirl for the stickers and bookmark.

Tomato68 for the BC labels, stickers and bookmark.

I have also received the following books from ABE/BWB that I'm presuming are from the generous members of the this group - just need the BCID's to register them ;)
- Under the Knife by Tess Gerritsen
- Guilt by Association/Isolated Incident by Susan R Sloan
- Whispering Back by Nicole Godding

Once again, thank you all so much - I feel thoroughly spoilt and am looking forward to using, reading, eating and drinking everything that you've sent.
Profile Image
dark-draco wrote-
I have had such fun opening them all yesterday morning ....

I have also received the following books from ABE/BWB that I'm presuming are from the generous members of the this group - just need the BCID's to register them ;)
- Under the Knife by Tess Gerritsen
- Guilt by Association/Isolated Incident by Susan R Sloan
- Whispering Back by Nicole Godding

i sent the susan sloan omnibus - bcid label is on its way - i thought it might have made it by now
i have sent you a pm with the bcid

happy birthday

;)
Profile Image
I have to wonder what my mailman thinks this time of year. Does anyone else on his route have a fun package from Portugal? I suspect I'm the only lucky one. :-)
Thanks for all the stuff inside the box too: a card with stickers (Minions and hedgehogs!), a beautiful Portugal post card, BC labels to help with the THREE boxes of books I just received as a donation, candy, organic conditioner, and coffee soap. Will the last wake me up? I can only hope.
Profile Image
The book from my wishlist, "Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat", and the cute bookmark arrived in Kentucky today. They did arrive a little after my birthday but made it here on a day I needed a boost. So...perfect timing! :-)
Profile Image
The book from my wishlist, "Spending the Holidays with People I Want to Punch in the Throat", and the cute bookmark arrived in Kentucky today. They did arrive a little after my birthday but made it here on a day I needed a boost. So...perfect timing! :-)

i just have to comment on this title - what a cool title (maybe cool, maybe horrifying)
i have 'people i want to punch in the throat ' in my life at the moment - well maybe not for much longer as i extradite myself from those people

i'm not an advocare of violence, but sometimes one feels like that is the only option... perhaps i'll go and find some crime mystery to watch, to escape for a while

:)
Profile Image
i just have to comment on this title - what a cool title (maybe cool, maybe horrifying)
i have 'people i want to punch in the throat ' in my life at the moment - well maybe not for much longer as i extradite myself from those people

i'm not an advocare of violence, but sometimes one feels like that is the only option... perhaps i'll go and find some crime mystery to watch, to escape for a while

:)

I'm not big on violence myself, but I do have my moments of dark thoughts! :-)
Profile Image
for a lovely bright card and two teabags.
Profile Image
To Elizardbreath for the postcards and wings - I wondered where those little flappers had come from :)

To LittleWhiteBird for the cute unicorn card and postcards.

To Erishkigal for 'Whispering Back' by Nicole Godding - a lovely horsey wishlist book.
Profile Image
To LadyIndigo for the beautiful handmade envelope, lovely letter, postcards and am amazing first day cover of some super horsey stamps. Plus two wishlist books rolled into one omnibus - Guilt by Association / An Isolated Incident by Susan Sloan.

To J4Shaw of the Bookcrossing stickers and labels, plus the great horsey magazine 'Western Horseman' - I used to do a bit of Western Riding, so I'm really looking forward to reading this over the weekend.
Profile Image
A very big thank you to cfreckle for a very sweet kitten card, 4 Roald Dahl books and an Alice In Wonderland book (both have given me ideas for school library projects), a box of yummy Lindor chocs, 4 packets of seeds, some craft stickers and a glitzy notebook. What an exciting box to open. Bookcrossing birthdays never end. Thank you so much for brightening my half term up with your generosity. X
Profile Image
i apologise for the delay - life with a capital L has kept me a little too occupied with non-birthday activities - there should be a law against that i think haha
i am going away for a couple of weeks tomorrow morning (to prepare my late parents in law's home for sale) so i'll not be here much

so pull up a seat, have a beverage and some lovely cake ...

thanks to

Barbieq233 – lovely sunflowers and butterflies card, vintage bookmark and labels

bethieb – a fabulous peacock card, a bookmark and some wings/hearts for me

bookwormness – pretty floral postcard and moomin teabags – snufkin’s special adventurer’s blend (green tea, pear and vanilla) – 12 of them!!

dark-draco – wells cathedral card painted by mouth by john savage, postcards (timetitalk), assorted labels, a small notepad and a lollypop

keeta1 – a virginia woolf postcard (she being one of my fave authors) and a wishlist book ‘ the final murder’ by anne holt http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14885669

Lamilla –beautiful art card by Jacob Marrel “two tulips, a shell, a butterfly and a dragonfly, 1637-1645 (Rijksmuseum)

lauraloo29 – lovely floral card (canadian wildlife foundation), labels, a magic butterfly and a butterfly bookmark

mcsar –lovely card with labels and a small coin purse

nmugirl – a cheesy birthday card (as in cheese graphics0, a bookmark and an orange airheads (candy)

Poodlesister – lovely floral (unicef) card with labels and a wishlist title ‘night games’ by anna krein http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14528480/

southernfryed – a card (the cutest most relaxed cat lounging in a chair) and some labels

tabby-cat-owner – footloose and fancy-free birthday card, and 3 postcards: elf owl, reading women by claude monet (the beach at Trouville, 1870)& a great lakes lighthouse

thegoaliegirl – a bright sunny card with a bookmark and some labels

tomato68 – birthday card (have fun / relax/enjoy), a bookmark and some labels

T_richardson_x – birthday card (filled with cakes, cakemaking equipment and a teapot), labels and a release bag

thankyou everyone for the cheery notes and wonderful surprises
bookcrossers host the best parties

more cake anyone ?
Profile Image
Thank you CFreckle for the three wishlist books by Philippa Gregory, the unicorn notecard, the box of Toffifee (one of my fave chocolates!) and the cute felt stickers, plus the homemade card featuring one of my fave childhood programmes - The Tribe!!
Profile Image
i am sending these 2 australian titles to another (australian) bookcrosser later this week

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14924155/
The Inaugural Meeting of the Fairvale Ladies Book Club by Sophie Green

and

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14924163/
Their Brilliant Careers: The Fantastic Lives of Sixteen Extraordinary Australian Writers by Ryan O'Neill

;)
Profile Image
It was a fun surprise to find your lovely card in the mail today. Thank you for it and the "free book" stickers and labels. I just had a big donation from a Friends of the Library group and will definitely use them! The stamps are cool too - my husband has already run off with them. :-)
Profile Image
I found a Bookcrosser I haven't sent a book to before and sent the this RABCK

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14746271

Profile Image

Hi all

Sorry that I've been so late with everything. I've been having a bit of a nightmare with moving recently. I have sold my house but the one I was buying has fallen through so currently living with the mother in law! I have limited things there and everything in storage, eg birthday cards, labels, my books! I promise that I will catch up eventually and I haven't forgotten about you all.
If mail is sent by normal post, both from the UK and internationally, it will be redirected so no problem with that. An updated address will only be needed if sending via Hermes, parcel force etc. I will provide bookstogive with this address but please use my original address for anything sent in normal/international post.

Thanks for your patience.
Nataliec7!
Profile Image
We'll gladly wait, nataliec7.
We just hope you find a good new place to live!
Profile Image
I'm glad it is tough cardboard and taped well, so that I found the "Do not open until your birthday" sticker before opening it :)
Profile Image
i have a favour to ask
could we meet in the off topic lounge
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/548924

;)
Profile Image
To mcsar for 'The Great Train Robbery' by Michael Crichton, some book labels and postcards.

To hyphen8 for 'Under the Knife' by Tess Gerritsen
Profile Image
Your cute kitten card and the heart stickers have arrived in Kentucky. I've delivered the Valentine's already, but I'm sure the stickers will be put to good use in 2019! :-)
Profile Image
Thank you Bookworm-Lady for the beautiful copy of 'The Woman in White'
Profile Image
Thank you Bookworm-Lady for the beautiful copy of 'The Woman in White'

Sorry for being so late... Happy belated birthday, and enjoy! :)
Profile Image
Ijust started to open since today is offically my birthday. so i have a lot of thank you to give out. not a very happy birthday with a ultrasound mammagram, and biopcey of my breast. but i hope the day gets better.
Profile Image
I hope everything goes well.
Profile Image
I've sent out a bunch of mail with the total solar eclipse stamp, but not received one before, I think, so this is very cool. The envelope will go into my birthday bag until April.
Profile Image
Your package arrived in Kentucky today and made me very happy. I love belated gifts just when I think the fun is over for the year!
I will hopefully have time soon to read "Hidden Figures" and will start using the pretty handkerchiefs immediately!
Profile Image
Your package arrived in Kentucky today and made me very happy. I love belated gifts just when I think the fun is over for the year!
I will hopefully have time soon to read "Hidden Figures" and will start using the pretty handkerchiefs immediately!

Sorry for the delay, and enjoy! :)
Profile Image
some more mail surprises have arrived this week – carelaisa’s envelope has an Australian letter sorting facility imprint of 12 feb and yet it arrived in my mailbox on 2march – there is no indication of where it has been – perhaps customs/quarantine, but it is not marked as so - our mail deliveries have become more and more unpredictable ( i have a parcel winging its way half way across the country and it is already on day 13 of its travel journey)

carelaisa – pretty birthday card (artistic shoe with flowers and butterflies), lots of teabags, bc labels, postcard and tiny magnetic bookmark

Cfreckle – lovely purple themed birthday card with little cakes and a pretty rose & butterfly postcard

elizardbreath – a beautiful special moments card – gorgeous bunch of flowers withcoffee (?) in two lovely cups with saucers and a month of wings

Erishkigal – lovely card with lavender sprigs, a postcard of bison in Yellowstone national park, pretty floral bookmark AND 2 small vials of essential oils – in lavender and orange

j4shaw – wishlist book ‘’the healer’ by antti toumainen – it is as yet unregistered

LittleWhiteBird – pretty claude monet postcard (one of the haystacks series)

MargaridaPires – a special butterfly shaped candle, bc supplies, some teabags and little chocolates

thankyou everyone for keeping the birthday surprises rolling in - once it was a birth-Day, then week, month and now we have celebrations continuing all year long - keeps the mail smiles coming

thankyou thankyou i keep being spoiled
have a wonder-full week

;)
Profile Image
for the lovely card and wishlist book
Profile Image
Thank you heartthumper, for the card and book labels.

Thank you Laureloo29 for the labels, stickers and 'The Lighthouse' by PD James.

1 2 3 4 5 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.