corner corner CLOSED - Pirate Sweepstakes Round 7 - Last of 2017!

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

CLOSED - Pirate Sweepstakes Round 7 - Last of 2017!

I was the lucky winner of the last round of this sweepstakes, thank you, you have all been generous and creative. So now it's my turn to host Round 7.

Most of what follows has been copied from the original thread:

If you would like to enter:
1. First you post here by December, 20th to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details and please put "Pirate themed sweepstake" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I will draw names on December, 20th and I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You DO NOT have to send a book to the winner/decoy; just so we can keep postage affordable please make sure that you send something about pirates however loosely based it is. Gift ideas include a book, bookmark, magnet, keychain, mug coasters, cuddly toy, sweets, stationary, letter writing things. AS LONG AS ITS PIRATE THEMED!

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM. It's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books & gifts in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next competition within 1-2 months. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let's keep this sweepstake going!

Participants:
bluezwuzl (Germany) (Received) WINNER
Abi-Gibby (UK) (Received) DECOY
Harobed82 (France) (Received)

Send only:
Bookworm-lady (Spain) (Received)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was the lucky winner of the last round of this sweepstakes, thank you, you have all been generous and creative. So now it's my turn to host Round 7.

Most of what follows has been copied from the original thread:

If you would like to enter:
1. First you post here by December, 20th to enter.

2. Then you PM me with your mailing details and please put "Pirate themed sweepstake" in the subject line of your PM. You can also choose to enter as 'send only', then you don't have to send a PM.

3. I will draw names on December, 20th and I'll PM everyone with the name and address of the winner (the winner will be PM'ed with the name and address of the decoy).

4. You DO NOT have to send a book to the winner/decoy; just so we can keep postage affordable please make sure that you send something about pirates however loosely based it is. Gift ideas include a book, bookmark, magnet, keychain, mug coasters, cuddly toy, sweets, stationary, letter writing things. AS LONG AS ITS PIRATE THEMED!

5. Please don't let the winner know they have won, either by posting here or by PM. It's much more fun if the packages start arriving out of the blue!

6. As the packages start to arrive, the winner must journal the books & gifts in a timely fashion and also post here what they have received, as it's fun for everyone who's entered to see what the winner has got.

7. The winner will host the next competition within 1-2 months. If you know you will be unable to host the next round, please do not enter. Let's keep this sweepstake going!

Participants:
bluezwuzl (Germany) (Received) WINNER
Abi-Gibby (UK) (Received) DECOY
Harobed82 (France) (Received)

Send only:
Bookworm-lady (Spain) (Received)
Profile Image

Woh-ho!

Nobody out there, who dares to cross the waves on a cursed ship?
Count me in, then. I should be able to... acquire a suitable book by closing time!
`\÷{)
Profile Image
Nobody out there, who dares to cross the waves on a cursed ship?
Count me in, then. I should be able to... acquire a suitable book by closing time!
`\÷{)

Thank you for being first and summoning all the other lazy pirates! :)
Profile Image
Bump!
Profile Image
PM sent
Profile Image
PMing you now!
Profile Image
More pirates on board, perfect! :)
Profile Image

I just saw your PM, how funny I decided to join almost at the same time you wrote to ask if I wanted to! What a coincidence! :)

By the way, I'm also looking for participants for the Maritime sweepstakes, just saying, in case.... ;)
Profile Image

I just saw your PM, how funny I decided to join almost at the same time you wrote to ask if I wanted to! What a coincidence! :)

By the way, I'm also looking for participants for the Maritime sweepstakes, just saying, in case.... ;)

That's only fair... I will join right away! :)
Profile Image

Bump

The Royal flush sweepstakes is also looking for more partisipants aswell
Profile Image
The Royal flush sweepstakes is also looking for more partisipants aswell

Got me there! :)
Profile Image
Bump to the top!
Profile Image
Any more pirates out there?
Profile Image
hey you busy pirates - stop cataloguing this year's loot for a while and sign up here! `/;-{
Profile Image
Thanks for playing, and Merry Christmas to you all! :)
Best wishes,

Eva
Profile Image
Profile Image
Currently away hunting treasures - so the parcel will be sent around 12/31

Happy holidays to all pirates around!
Profile Image
Congrats on winning... and Happy New Year! :)
Profile Image

HEY-HO!

Its hard to believe, but I'm the decoy (or the winner) of this fun sweeps!
Many, many thanks to Harobed82 for "Tales of Terror from the Black Ship" by Chris Priestley, http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14038760 which was waiting for me when I came back home. :-D
I'm very much looking forward to this "fantastic page-turner, with a really scary ending"!
And thanks also for the lovely magnetic bookmark and the cute card with your kind wishes! :-) - What a wonderful start into a new year!
*<;-)
Profile Image
Profile Image
Phantastic parcels keep arriving, but unfortunately my hardware broke down completely, so my only access to the internet currently is free wlan (which is hard to come by hereabouts. On sunday, I hope to get a connection stable enough to post sll your books here. Many, many thanks to you for all your gifts!
Profile Image
...for The Usborne Official Pirates Handbook: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12866692 accompanied by a parrot-keyring, glittering piratey stickers, Oregon postcards, bc-bookplates and a blue-frog-bookmark :-)
And thanks for your kind note (I love the colorful bycicle-postcard - as there is no sea herabouts, the next best thing to a ship is my bicycle, so call me the bicycle-pirate!)
When I'm "net-mobile" again, I'll try to post a foto of all the goodies in the book-journal)
Profile Image
Glad the package arrived the link you haves for a different book by the way. I believe it was this one I sent you??
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14842801/
Profile Image
I sent it on December, 28th, and it should be there by now... all its travelling companions have arrived safely.
And what about our decoy?
Profile Image
...when my fone started playing tricks on me and then going down all togther, I wrote down all the details of the parcels I received to post them at work. I must have got a little over-excited having won and ended up confusing eveything... I got back online today and tomorrow is the last of my "festive-season marathon" with ten free days ahead. I' ll then try to get it all right again. And I'll finally bring my parcel for the decoy to the post office... I'm so very sorry having made a mess of it all!
@ Bookworm-lady:
Indeed your parcel arrived by the end of last week - and I thought I had at least made the journal entry, but it must have been swallowed by this piratey phone of mine (- along with several other bc-entries) I'm really, really sorry!
Profile Image
From Abi-Gibby came a real treasure of piraty goodies along with "The Usborne Official Pirate's Handbook" http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14842801
(The cover is different, but the book seems to be the right one. In the entry above I had the wrong BCID, sorry!) You can see a picture there.
Profile Image
Same book :) the cover pic was the one that came up when it was registered
Profile Image
... was Harobed82's. It brought "Tales of Terror from the Black Ship" by Chris Priestley: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14038760
and a lovely magnetic bookmark and a nice card with best wishes for the new year. Many thanks for this wonderful start into 2018!
Profile Image
... arrived the book "Pirate Diary - The Journal of Jake Carpenter" by Richard Platt, with cute illustratons by Chris Riddell:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14169337 - as it seems, a veteran to this sweeps (which should be a very interesting read to a pirating novice!) and with the book came set of very piratey black balloons, which will be a suitable deterrence for common robbers who coul have set their eyes on my pirate-bicycle!!!
Many thsnks, too, for the funny christmas-card and your kind wishes for the new year!
Profile Image
... arrived the book "Pirate Diary - The Journal of Jake Carpenter" by Richard Platt, with cute illustratons by Chris Riddell:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14169337 - as it seems, a veteran to this sweeps (which should be a very interesting read to a pirating novice!) and with the book came set of very piratey black balloons, which will be a suitable deterrence for common robbers who coul have set their eyes on my pirate-bicycle!!!
Many thsnks, too, for the funny christmas-card and your kind wishes for the new year!

So glad that it arrived on time...
I love your comment about the balloons, these were a real find! :)
Now for the next round... :)
Profile Image

So...

... it will be my honour to call up another pirate sweeps, I understand, in February?
I'm sure looking forward to that :-). And I hope, there will be another winner then, as lucky as I am now, with all the information I got for becoming proper pirate and with all your kind gifts!
Profile Image
Come on, you pirate...!
Profile Image
May still be travelling to the decoy
Profile Image
... has been delayed by the storm. I hope it will travel fast now!
Profile Image
For sending me a lovely pirate themed parcel it contained
The Pirates! In an adventure with money dick by Gideon Defoe
Chocolate ( gold coins and skull and cross bones)
Pumpkin seeds covered in chocolate
Pirate rubber
Tea
Profile Image
I'm glad it finally arrived - before the next pirates will start travelling...
(The chocolate-covered bits should be pumkin seed, as far as I remember.)
Profile Image
Sorry my bad, thank you any way

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.