corner corner Round 14: Manga and Graphic Novel Sweep

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Round 14: Manga and Graphic Novel Sweep

It's time for the next round of the manga and graphic novel sweeps!

Here are the rules, copied from the previous rounds:

To enter: Post here AND pm me with your name and address. The winner and decoy will probably be drawn around December 24th. That should be plenty of time to sign up?

Original Rules to enter this sweepstakes:

As this is a graphic novel/manga sweepstake, you do need to have at least one book (either a graphic novel or manga) on your shelf (or at least have one until I've picked a winner and a decoy). It might be obvious to most of us, but perhaps not everyone, it isn't called a manga/graphic novel sweepstake for nothing.

As I'm the one who's setting the rules, I think it would be unfair to rule out famous comic books and classics from Marvel, DC and similar. So yes, it is allowed to send Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Star Wars etc. And do not forget Calvin and Hobbes and that type of comic, too.

Please post in this forum if you want to enter, either to send and receive, or just to send. Also send me a PM, so I can easily get the address to the winner, without having to spoil the surprise by asking the winner for his/her address.

I'll pick a winner and a decoy and pm everyone the address to send mangas/graphic novels to.

Do not congratulate the winner in the forums (including this thread), that would ruin the fun part of it!

The winner needs to host a new manga/graphic novel sweepstakes within the next six months.

Feel free to ask questions or comment if I've forgotten anything. Now... let's get started! Who is interested?

Participating:
Lamilla (German & English) (received)
Abi-Gibby (received)
Arvores (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese) (winner)
anathema-device (received)
emmejo (received)
pippis (received)

Send Only:
Azuki (received)
nimrodiel (sent)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
It's time for the next round of the manga and graphic novel sweeps!

Here are the rules, copied from the previous rounds:

To enter: Post here AND pm me with your name and address. The winner and decoy will probably be drawn around December 24th. That should be plenty of time to sign up?

Original Rules to enter this sweepstakes:

As this is a graphic novel/manga sweepstake, you do need to have at least one book (either a graphic novel or manga) on your shelf (or at least have one until I've picked a winner and a decoy). It might be obvious to most of us, but perhaps not everyone, it isn't called a manga/graphic novel sweepstake for nothing.

As I'm the one who's setting the rules, I think it would be unfair to rule out famous comic books and classics from Marvel, DC and similar. So yes, it is allowed to send Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Star Wars etc. And do not forget Calvin and Hobbes and that type of comic, too.

Please post in this forum if you want to enter, either to send and receive, or just to send. Also send me a PM, so I can easily get the address to the winner, without having to spoil the surprise by asking the winner for his/her address.

I'll pick a winner and a decoy and pm everyone the address to send mangas/graphic novels to.

Do not congratulate the winner in the forums (including this thread), that would ruin the fun part of it!

The winner needs to host a new manga/graphic novel sweepstakes within the next six months.

Feel free to ask questions or comment if I've forgotten anything. Now... let's get started! Who is interested?

Participating:
Lamilla (German & English) (received)
Abi-Gibby (received)
Arvores (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese) (winner)
anathema-device (received)
emmejo (received)
pippis (received)

Send Only:
Azuki (received)
nimrodiel (sent)
Profile Image
In case I'm the lucky winner: I can read in English and German (and simple Finnish hopefully?), volumes from the middle of the series are totally fine
Profile Image

YAY! \0/

I'm in!
PM on the way. Thank you! :-)

ETA: In case I'm the lucky winner (fingers and toes crossed here) I can read in English, Spanish, French (graphic novels and manga make it a lot easier) and Portuguese, of course :-)
Basic Finnish is Ok (level A1) - I hope (gulp!)
Profile Image
I'm in again. I love this sweeps.

I read in English, German and French. Manga, comics and graphic novels of all genres welcome! I love the comfortableness of "old friends" just as much as discovering new things.
Profile Image
names added to the list!
Profile Image

bump

Profile Image
I am sure there are more readers who love manga and graphic novels!!
Profile Image

Send only

Count me in as a send only participant :)
Profile Image

RE: Send only

Count me in as a send only participant :)

Got you!!
Hmm... I wonder if I may have set the enrollment period for too long?
Profile Image

Hmm... I wonder if I may have set the enrollment period for too long?

I think a lot of BCers are quite busy with HGG and Secret Santa sort of activities.
Profile Image

I'll join in

Just a heads-up for the eventual winner that my mailing might get delayed until early January. Unfortunately I have had two $400+ dollar vet bills this month, and am short on cash until I get another paycheck or two to catch up.
Profile Image
Haven't had time to check the forum properly for ages, so almost missed on my favourite sweeps :O I'll send azuki a PM just in case it's still OK to join this round :)
Profile Image
Haven't had time to check the forum properly for ages, so almost missed on my favourite sweeps :O I'll send azuki a PM just in case it's still OK to join this round :)

Well, since it's Christmas I'll be nice and let you in. ; )
Profile Image
ack, silly me... I was about to say "And the winner is.... " before I realize that it's supposed to be a surprise! Good thing I didn't spoil the fun by posting the name. lol. Well, it was the first time I won a sweep so please pardon me for being such a bad host.

Anyway, I will go ahead and send a pm to everybody. And thank you so much for participating.

I wish all a happy holiday and a wonderful new year.
Profile Image
Got the PM as well! Thank you for letting m play 😊 Now off to selecting something really special for the winner...
Profile Image

got the PM

Profile Image
I sent it to you again. Hope you got it this time.

Anybody else missing the pm, please post here and let me know. Thank you!
And Happy New Year to you all!
Profile Image

PM received

I'm on holidays in mainland, but I'll send my parcel in New Year.
Thanks, azuki :-)

And happy holidays to all!
Profile Image
I'll try and post mine tomorrow on the way back from my physiotherapy session.
Profile Image
Will send out on Tuesday
Profile Image

sent!

Profile Image

Oh my!

I can't believe I won this! :-)
SO happy!

The first two parcels were waiting for me today, in my PO box. I have had a lousy start of the year (I was ill, in bed for almost a week). But this is making the balance :-)

Thank you pippis, for the following two books:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8344998
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14805534

And anathema-device for:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14639220

I love your choices!
Profile Image

RE: Oh my!

My book is coming from betterworldbooks. I dropped a card with the BCID in it in the mail today. It may beat the book there
Profile Image
Thank you! I'll let you know :-)
Profile Image
I Recived today Yu-Gi-Oh by Kazuki Takahashi volume 1
Profile Image
Thanks all for playing this round and share your manga/graphic novels.
Profile Image
I received the following today:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14524043

Thank you! :-)
Profile Image
Brilliant, hope you enjoy reading it
Profile Image
Sorry for the delay, everyone.

It has been a rough few weeks for me, both financially and emotionally, as we have had three pets pass away and another who has been receiving hospice-type care take a turn for the worse. Having a bunch of elderly pets at once is tough!
Profile Image
Don't worry about the delay, that's not a problem at all. Just try to keep strong.
Warm hug.
Profile Image
anything from Belarus yet? :)
Profile Image
Not yet, just the ones above. But it can take some time... I'll keep you all posted.
Profile Image
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8482897

Which arrived yesterday with a beautiful card.
Thank you so much :-)
Profile Image
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8405997
and
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14309989

Both arrived yesterday, safe and sound :-)
Thank you so much!
Profile Image
Glad they finally arrived!
Profile Image
From nimrodiel. The book shouldn't take long.

Meanwhile, I'll open a new round this month. Don't miss it :-)
Thank you all SO much for the books and kindness you have shared.
Profile Image
Here it is:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14411541
It looks great. Than you so much, nimrodiel.

And I almost forgot to open a new round. Oops!
Will do that straight away.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.