corner corner 12 days of Christmas exchange - PMS NOW SENT

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

12 days of Christmas exchange - PMS NOW SENT

I have really enjoyed running this exchange the last few years and participating in this exchange in it before that. I have taken the following words from Philosoraptor/Redfox5.

This is an idea for a post-Christmas exchange. We all know the traditional song "The Twelve Days of Christmas", so the idea is to assign each participant a day of Christmas from the song, e.g. 5 gold(en) rings, and they are to prepare a small package to send to a drawn bookcrosser consisting of items relating to that day - a book and a small trinket. So using the example of 5 gold rings, you could include a Lord of the Rings book and a gold coloured bookmark!

How related the book/small gift is, is up to you; let your imagination run wild.

To join in the fun sign up below and PM ME stating:

- your name
- your shipping preferences
- your address.

If popularity grows I think it's a good idea to batch people into groups of 12, then people could if they wanted sign up again! I'LL SEND EMAILS OUT WHEN EACH 12th PERSON SIGNS UP. AND I'LL CLOSE THE WHOLE EXCHANGE BY THE 12th DAY OF CHRISTMAS - JANUARY 6th OR EARLIER WHEN THE FIRST 12 PLACES ARE FILLED UP.

By the end of this hopefully we'll have our own unique Christmas song ^_^ As a reminder of the song, here's the concluding verse:

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five gold(en) rings,
Four calling (colly) birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree

Participants

1. mysteriousmummy
2. Southernfryed
3. Chawoso
4. redfox5
5. barbieq233
6. heartthumper
7. nmugirl
8. Yorkshire-lass
9. Herbert-Looby
10. Tabby Cat Owner
11. Trojan Horse
12. mdm139
13. greenbadger
14. azuki
15. mcsar
16. Meg72
17. elstaplador
18. kangaroo

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have really enjoyed running this exchange the last few years and participating in this exchange in it before that. I have taken the following words from Philosoraptor/Redfox5.

This is an idea for a post-Christmas exchange. We all know the traditional song "The Twelve Days of Christmas", so the idea is to assign each participant a day of Christmas from the song, e.g. 5 gold(en) rings, and they are to prepare a small package to send to a drawn bookcrosser consisting of items relating to that day - a book and a small trinket. So using the example of 5 gold rings, you could include a Lord of the Rings book and a gold coloured bookmark!

How related the book/small gift is, is up to you; let your imagination run wild.

To join in the fun sign up below and PM ME stating:

- your name
- your shipping preferences
- your address.

If popularity grows I think it's a good idea to batch people into groups of 12, then people could if they wanted sign up again! I'LL SEND EMAILS OUT WHEN EACH 12th PERSON SIGNS UP. AND I'LL CLOSE THE WHOLE EXCHANGE BY THE 12th DAY OF CHRISTMAS - JANUARY 6th OR EARLIER WHEN THE FIRST 12 PLACES ARE FILLED UP.

By the end of this hopefully we'll have our own unique Christmas song ^_^ As a reminder of the song, here's the concluding verse:

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five gold(en) rings,
Four calling (colly) birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree

Participants

1. mysteriousmummy
2. Southernfryed
3. Chawoso
4. redfox5
5. barbieq233
6. heartthumper
7. nmugirl
8. Yorkshire-lass
9. Herbert-Looby
10. Tabby Cat Owner
11. Trojan Horse
12. mdm139
13. greenbadger
14. azuki
15. mcsar
16. Meg72
17. elstaplador
18. kangaroo
Profile Image
Profile Image
Please count me in. MP will follow.
Profile Image
This has been fun before!
Profile Image

Me please

Sending pm now
Profile Image
This looks like fun. Will send a PM.
Profile Image
PM on the way.
Profile Image
PM on the way.
Profile Image

me too.

My PM is flying to you.
Profile Image
Will PM you now :-)
Profile Image
Up for only a day and got a full 12 already, I'm leaving up for now to see if I can get two groups at least going.
Profile Image
I love this. I hope you get enough for another 12.
Profile Image

bump

bumpity bump
Profile Image
So, does one lucky participant gets twelve people to send him/her a gift representing each day? So that one person gets, say twelve presents each representing one day of Christmas?

Or, we have to send eleven presents, so say if I am the 10 days, then I get 11 gifts related to lords and leaping... and I will send a gift to the person for one other day?
Profile Image
Looking at last years thread (because I haven't participated in this before so I could be wrong) it looks like everyone is assigned 1 of the 12 days and sends their parcel to one other bookcrosser. So everyone sends and receives one parcel.

Last years: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/536539
And wow! Weren't you all inventive last time! What a standard to set! Can't wait to get started! :)
Profile Image
So, does one lucky participant gets twelve people to send him/her a gift representing each day? So that one person gets, say twelve presents each representing one day of Christmas?

Or, we have to send eleven presents, so say if I am the 10 days, then I get 11 gifts related to lords and leaping... and I will send a gift to the person for one other day?

Its exactly what Trojan horse said in their post you get allocated a day and pick a book and one more gifts on the theme of the day you have been allocated, everyone gets one parcel

hope this helps
Profile Image
Great, that sounds fun, do-able and affordable enough. Please sign me up!! So I think we now need 9 mores for the second dozen?
Profile Image

I'll join

to help make the second 12.
Profile Image
I would love to join the second round :-)
Profile Image

I'm in

for round two :-)
Profile Image
I will keep open to try for two sets of twelve, if not I will allocate everyone a day so that we all get to play no matter if I get to 24 or not!
Profile Image
Dropping you a PM now :)
Profile Image
Will probably close it and give out the days next weekend.
Profile Image

Thank you

Profile Image

bump

A final bump for a few more
Profile Image
I don't mind sending two packages if it helps round out the mum ers
Profile Image
I will get all the PM's off by Thursday at the latest, I hope it will be tonight if wrapping and last minute hand made gifts for colleagues allow!
Profile Image
I DO appreciate that you PM'd, earlier on, mysteriousmummy. ; ) HOPE everyone is having PEACEful JOYfilled holidays, & will have a bright and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ; )
Profile Image
one more address if I don't hear from them by tomorrow I will go ahead without them
Profile Image
I was waiting for one more address which didn't arrived so I have left the person out of the exchange I'm afraid.

I hope the rest of you are raring to go. Enjoy choosing your books and gifts, I know I always do.

I look forward to seeing all the parcels start arriving in the New Year.
Profile Image
can't wait to get started putting this together
Profile Image
Having fun putting a package together
Profile Image
:-)
Profile Image
It was fun putting a themed package together. Thank you, mysteriousmummy, for organizing such a fun exchange.
Profile Image
Happy New Year and thank you very much to mysteriousmummy for organising this again! :)
Profile Image
Can't wait to see what everyone starts receiving.
Happy New Year!
Profile Image

Sent!

On its way.....
Profile Image
I am ashamed to say that mine will not be out until the end of the month due to lack of controlled spending over Christmas!

Glad everyone else is getting organised.
Profile Image
Mcsar was really on the ball this year!
My package included 2 Tea towels with hens on them,
3 of the cutest little origami hens,
3 French note cards w/envelopes,
3 bookplates,
3 stickers,
and the book On Rue Tatin by Susan Loomis.

Thank you so much! It is a wonderful package, I love it!
Profile Image
and of it goes to ???
Profile Image
For 4 books! - Hard Eight, Twelve Days Of Christmas, Lost & Found & The Maids Courage. Cow Bc labels, milk sticks! Milkyway bar & Chocolate coins!

I got 8 maids a Milking!

Photo of everything in je - http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14856964
Profile Image
in a fabulously assembled box containing

- A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly, a book that happens to be on my wish list, a BC bookmark and extra labels included
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13793383
- a very beautiful pipe ornament - it took my breath away
- 11 "stress less" tea bags and another 11 "focus" tea bags - now I am prepared whether I want to wind down or to work.
- 11 assorted candies and a box of deluxe kisses, which will disappear in no time
- 2 flurry mice for my beloved - he is sniffing curiously and looking on excitedly - I know he will enjoy them. He loves toys of this size and weight.
- a beautiful Norman Rockwell wall calendar. I used to buy his desk calendars, so this one is nostalgic for me. It goes so well with the pipe ornament.
- and a nice Christmas card.

You have outdone yourself. I love everything and greatly appreciate the thought you put into assembling the box and including my baby. Thank you very much.

Profile Image
I had to laugh that ours crossed in the mail!
Profile Image
I havw been waiting for a delivery :-)
Profile Image
Her daughter painted a beautiful picture of a partridge in a pear tree on a small rock. This is just the kind of thing that I like. I also got a smaller rock with a picture of a small black cat with yellow eyes. I have a new young black cat with yellow eyes so the rock is a perfect gift. (My tabby is not thrilled with the new cat.)

The package also included a Golden Guide to Birds, A Guide to the most familiar American birds. (My parents were bird watchers so it reminds me of them.)

I also got a beautiful New Year's Card, a bookmark, and peppermint herbal tea. (I have made a resolution to replace coffee with tea this year. It is not that hard for me because I'm not addicted.)

Thank you, barbieq233, and I wish everyone a happy new year.
Profile Image
I am so glad you liked the things I sent. Hope the new year brings you blessings and lots of good books.
Profile Image
It should be at its destination by Friday.
Profile Image
... Sorry for the delay!
Profile Image
Thank you mdm139! It is 12 drummers drumming and I received a much nicer package than I sent out! (I'm still learning this game.) Two books-Twelve Red Herrings by Jeffrey Archer and The Painted Drum by Louise Erdrich. Both look to be quite interesting. Also in the box is a Christmas in the Caribbean CD with the Little DRUMMER Boy featured, a pair of aloe infused socks, a 12 Days of Christmas card game which I haven't opened yet and have never heard of, a pair of aloe infused comfort socks, a candle, a postcard that you color with my initial "F" , some very cute feather bookmarks, and some teas. Thank you so much!
Profile Image
Thank you very much, chawoso, for the awesome Second Day of Christmas gifts!
I have a bird-themed wishlist book (The Cuckoo's Calling) along with Dove toiletries, bird-themed tissues, notepad and emery board, white chocolate (because turtle doves are white), white tea, a bird-themed calendar of bookmarks and a very appropriate postcard. What a lovely gift, you are very kind.
Profile Image
I received a yummy package for "3 French Hens".

- 2 books (lucky me!) - "The Winter Witch", by Paula Brackston (a wishlist book) and "The Hen of the Baskervilles, by Donna Andrews
- Chicken coasters
- a large bag of chocolate eggs (there goes my diet)
- And a lovely postcard

Profile Image
I got Five Gold Rings -

'The Fifth Season' by N. K. Jemisin (have heard really good things about this author!)
'Twelve Days of Christmas' by Trisha Ashley
a box of Gold Blend tea
a bag of Werthers sweets (in gold wrappers of course!)
a glittery gold deer ornament
a diary with a gold swirly pattern on the cover

Thank you!

(I'm a bit worried about where my package has gone - I posted it on 5th January, so it should be there by now!)
Profile Image
I hope so! I posted a parcel to my mother on the same day, and that's arrived safely...

Well, I'll leave it another week or so and if no joy then I'll put another package together.
Profile Image
I'm worried about mine too. I posted it on the 2nd and it should have got there by now. :(
Profile Image
Mine was posted on the 2nd and only arrived yesterday. I expect the post office are recovering from overload at Christmas still.
Profile Image
What a lovely thoughtful package containing things related to two turtle doves. Two pretty Fenton art glass birds and pretty purple bird card. A pretty old fashioned fpdove postcard too. And three books connected with doves and bookmarks too. I appreciate your kindness.
Profile Image
I had a little more items to get in the mail to complete my box so my exchange package will be traveling on Friday if I can get out from all the snow in my drive way.
Profile Image
For a very inventive package!!
The theme was "A Partridge in a Pear Tree", in the note Meg72 said that she had trouble finding something to fit the theme so she sent "A Flamingo in a Palm Tree" instead! It is in the form of a pen and is really fantastic, I just love it and it made me laugh when I saw it :-)
In keeping with the birds she also sent a beautiful note book with a feather design on the cover and a bird(owl this time) colouring book which I'm going to enjoy using.
For the "pear tree" she sent a packet of pear crisps (new to me) and lots of fruit sweets.
The book I received is The Taxidermist's Daughter by Kate Moss, which has a feather design on the front cover.
This is a wonderful package which has had a lot of thought put into making it up. I love every thing in it :-)
Profile Image
I´m soooooo glad you liked it :-)
Profile Image
I posted last week that I got your package but something technical must have gone wrong, because I dont see my post. So I will thank you again for the 4 calling bird package. There was a book with four in the title, bird and telephone stationary, and a bird whistle which my kids love. Thank you so much!
Profile Image
Thank you for the lovely card with the 12 Days of Christmas on the front. I love it.
Profile Image
Ooh, yes, thank you for mine too. :)
Profile Image
Thank you for the lovely card with the 12 Days of Christmas on the front. I love it.

I am very confused by this and greenbadgers one I haven't sent any cards yet this year so it wasn't me! However I am planning to again but I'm waiting for payday which is tomorrow woohoo!
Profile Image
for my parcel containing Uncle Dynamite by PG Wodehouse (Because it has lords in it!) and the freddo frogs (because they leap) and the lovely bookmarks.
Profile Image
for your bird themed package (4. day of Christmas), which contained:
The Cockoo's Calling http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14870483 , 4 assorted tea bags, a nice fridge magnet with 4 birds in a tree, a pouch of chocolate eggs (yummy!) and last but not least a cute card with 4 lovely bird cookies. Great!
Profile Image
I think the parcel I sent must have got lost in the post. It should have arrived by now. I'll try and sort out a new package but I've got flu at the moment so won't be going out to post it for a few days.
Profile Image
I think the parcel I sent must have got lost in the post. It should have arrived by now. I'll try and sort out a new package but I've got flu at the moment so won't be going out to post it for a few days.

I did PM you recipient as request and ask that they either post on here or PM me but didn't get a response
Profile Image
Thanks mysteriousmummy. But its been a very long time (I sent it 2nd Jan!) so I'll pull together another package and get it out over the weekend hopefully. Don't want someone to miss out!
Profile Image
Hi - not to worry! The geese arrived safely, but the days have been slipping by so fast... I don't honestly know how it's the end of January already. I think I've been subconsciously avoiding this because I felt guilty - it took me a while to find the things I sent out, but my parcel was nowhere near the level of this wonderful one that you sent me!!

Not only did Trojanhorse send me '12 Days', a book of short stories based on the 12 days of Christmas, the rest of the parcel she sent me was amazing too: goose napkins, 12 days of Christmas wrapping paper (how did you find it!), a beautiful card of flying geese, goose Christmas cards, a goose bookmark and even a goosey book ('The Snow Goose and other stories') to fit the theme! Thank you so much!
Profile Image
Phew! I'm so glad it all arrived! It was such fun to put together I've really enjoyed the challenge. Pleased to hear you like it all. :)
Profile Image
I picked up my package today and it is awesome. I got 5 golden everything. Just to list a few, a gold paint pen, a gold change purse, golden chocolate(yum), goldfish, golden rings, gold crowns, the book "Glitter and Glue" and so much more. Thank you again for the great package.
Profile Image
Thanks for my swans package!! Boy it got held up in the mail but I was so pleased to receive it
Profile Image
Phew! So glad it got there in the end!
Profile Image
Is finally on its way...
Profile Image
For the lovely card :-)
Profile Image
Wow! What a parcel! Thank you so much! I collected it from the post office today.
I'm about to go out again now so I'll have a good look through tomorrow and let everyone know what I got for 9 Ladies dancing. But it all looks amazing! So thank you very much. :)
Profile Image
Thank you so much for my 9 ladies dancing parcel.
I received such wonderful things:
- Terry Pratchett's novel "Lords and Ladies" I'm a big fan of Discworld and haven't read this one so I'm super excited!
- A wishlist book by Jane Sanderson called Eden Falls
- A Toploader CD "dancing in the moonlight"
- A dancing giraffe
- A pair of bright orange legwarmers (how did you know orange is my favourite colour?!)
- A bright orange tutu
- The Lady magazine
- A book called "The Best Dance Moves in the World...Ever!"
- A 12 days of Christmas card containing dancing queen rose seeds!

Thank you so much for such a generous and fun parcel. I've thoroughly enjoyed this exchange - thanks for hosting it and I already can't wait until next year!
Profile Image
for the lovely card and the laminated bookmarks/cards. I adore the eleven pipers piping charm you included. Where did you find such cute and appropriate charms?

And a big thank you for organising this exchange. It has been a lot of fun.
Profile Image
my card and laminated bookmarks arrived a day or two ago. I enjoyed this exchange and look forward to taking part in the next one.
Profile Image
I got a beautiful card in the mail today with laminated bookmarks. Thank you so much Mysteriousmummy, I love them.
Profile Image
What a pretty card with all the book marks too. I appreciate your kindness.
Profile Image
for your nice thank you card and the bookmarks for the forth day of Christmas. You are so kind!
I am looking forward for the next exchange, which you will hopefully host again.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.