corner corner Please vote for books for a bus library

Forum | << (Not-So-) Random Acts of BookCrossing Kindness | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Please vote for books for a bus library

I seem to be on a mission to get books for schoolchildren in London.

My friend's local primary school has the chance to win £10k for books towards their new bus library (the bus itself was kindly donated free by Arriva - a bus company). This is a friend at work but coincidentally this is also the school that my teacher friend's children go to (she works at a different school, the one in Tower Hamlets)

Could you find a few minutes to support them?

All you need to do is register using the link below and then follow the link they will send you cast your vote for Aldersbrook Primary School.

This doesn't seem to work for everyone outside the UK

Voting opened yesterday. https://community-fund.aviva.co.uk/---/17-5941

For UK voters there is a prize draw for voters which will appear as an option after you've voted. You do have to register with an email to vote.

After registration you'll get sent back to voting. You'll find the project by typing "Aldersbrook" into the project search box on the top left.

Anyone who votes for the bus library funding and posts on here will be entered into a draw for a wishlist book or wings for a month (please tell me your preference)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I seem to be on a mission to get books for schoolchildren in London.

My friend's local primary school has the chance to win £10k for books towards their new bus library (the bus itself was kindly donated free by Arriva - a bus company). This is a friend at work but coincidentally this is also the school that my teacher friend's children go to (she works at a different school, the one in Tower Hamlets)

Could you find a few minutes to support them?

All you need to do is register using the link below and then follow the link they will send you cast your vote for Aldersbrook Primary School.

This doesn't seem to work for everyone outside the UK

Voting opened yesterday. https://community-fund.aviva.co.uk/---/17-5941

For UK voters there is a prize draw for voters which will appear as an option after you've voted. You do have to register with an email to vote.

After registration you'll get sent back to voting. You'll find the project by typing "Aldersbrook" into the project search box on the top left.

Anyone who votes for the bus library funding and posts on here will be entered into a draw for a wishlist book or wings for a month (please tell me your preference)
Profile Image
Submitting an entry to the Fund is only available to people:

residing in the UK, using a UK IP address, and not using a disposable email address (as determined by Aviva in its sole discretion)
Profile Image
Submitting an entry to the Fund is only available to people:

residing in the UK, using a UK IP address, and not using a disposable email address (as determined by Aviva in its sole discretion)

Sorry about that. Thanks for trying.
Profile Image
Same problem here :-(
Sorry about that. I really hope this school will win. How I wish I could visit that bus and lose myself in there for a while :-)
Fingers crossed!
Profile Image
Same problem here :-(
Sorry about that. I really hope this school will win. How I wish I could visit that bus and lose myself in there for a while :-)
Fingers crossed!

Thanks for trying Arvores. I will post pictures if they get the money.
Profile Image
Took about 10 minutes to get registered and find my way back to voting, but I voted. Also posted on my fb page, but I warned friends it's a bit complicated, so I don't know if that will garner any more votes or not.

Profile Image
Took about 10 minutes to get registered and find my way back to voting, but I voted. Also posted on my fb page, but I warned friends it's a bit complicated, so I don't know if that will garner any more votes or not.

Thanks for persevering.
Profile Image
forgot about your drawing~I'd love to be entered for wings. Good to see more people are getting through now. :)
Profile Image

Done

No entry needed :)
Profile Image
No entry needed :)

Thanks again!
Profile Image
Profile Image

Good advice! Seems some overseas email addresses work and not others.
Profile Image

Done!

Didn't take me very long at all. Please enter me for a wishlist book. Thanks.
Profile Image
Didn't take me very long at all. Please enter me for a wishlist book. Thanks.

Thanks daffodil-2! You are entered!
Profile Image
no entry for the draw, just hope they'll accept my votes as I'm not in the UK ...
Profile Image
no entry for the draw, just hope they'll accept my votes as I'm not in the UK ...

Thank you.
Profile Image

HURRAY!

Succeded! After reading anathema-device's post. I decided to try again. Yesterday I couldn't even enter the site (it must have been something wrong with internet or something; or Samhain tricky stuff!! Woooo!) :-)

So you have 10 votes from me. Hope it helps :-)
No entry, though. Just fingers crossed for the project!
Profile Image
Succeded! After reading anathema-device's post. I decided to try again.
So you have 10 votes from me. Hope it helps :-)

Thank you!
Profile Image
to give my ten 10 votes to the bus library, good luck to Aldersbrook Primary School !
I would like to enter for wings.
Profile Image
to give my ten 10 votes to the bus library, good luck to Aldersbrook Primary School !
I would like to enter for wings.

Thanks Lubiette
Profile Image
hope they will count my ten votes. I was told the project has 1038 votes at the time.
Profile Image
hope they will count my ten votes. I was told the project has 1038 votes at the time.

Thanks chawoso
Profile Image

Done!

I would like to enter for a wishlist book please :)
Profile Image
I would like to enter for a wishlist book please :)

Thanks redfox5
Profile Image
Oh wow. Can I enter for a wishlist book, please? Thanks so much. All fingers crossed for the book bus!
Profile Image
Oh wow. Can I enter for a wishlist book, please? Thanks so much. All fingers crossed for the book bus!

Of course!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.